• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anything new with Jesus Gonzales case?

BROKENSPROKET

So it begins.
images

Yup!

Uplander

J. Gonzalez is a decent dude, met him a few years ago at Sussex. Hope his troubles get kicked to the curb.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Shouldn't be long now. We will see if truth and justice prevails.

I have no faith in juries..many a innocent person are rotting in cells or have been executed because of Juries.. Jesus get's a week long trial........if this happened to some wealthy celeb with unlimited finances the trial would drag this out for years...the wheels of justice turn differently depending on your bank account.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
What system would you prefer? A judge, one person, deciding your life?

no, but a jury of his peers would have been nice..did you read who they all excused from being on the jury ? they stacked the jury against him, he is F-ed..I have a bad feeling regarding the outcome of this trail..I do hope I am wrong.

Last edited:

TyGuy

Salem witch trials. If they float then burn them. If they drown then give them a proper burial.

Thunderdome?

Judge Dredd?

We could all have cameras implanted in us?

IDK, it's kinda like democracy being the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. Our system is the worst except for all the others tried perhaps?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
no, but a jury of his peers would have been nice..did you read who they all excused from being on the jury ? they stacked the jury against him, he is F-ed..I have a bad feeling regarding the outcome of this trail..I do hope I am wrong.

Yea, it looks bad, but we don't really know. As I noted above, attorneys are typically given two-three jury strike with which they can strike any juror for just about any reason. I think this is probably why the gun owners were excused.

Interceptor_Knight

Salem witch trials. If they float then burn them. If they drown then give them a proper burial.

Thunderdome?

Judge Dredd?

We could all have cameras implanted in us?

IDK, it's kinda like democracy being the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. Our system is the worst except for all the others tried perhaps?

A man is dead and another maimed for life.
These men received no trial by jury for their alleged offenses yet a sentence was delivered by Jesus. Since they were not armed or otherwise physically attacked Jesus, there is no clear justification for the deadly force which was used. There is no reason to blow the drama out of proportion regarding how Jesus is being treated. He is rightfully being given a day in court. It is going to be interesting to find out why he did not testify.
Justice will be done whether that is finding Jesus not guilty and by default affirming as reasonable his fear of imminent death at the hands of these 2 men or by ruling that he used excessive force.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
A man is dead and another maimed for life.
These men received no trial by jury for their alleged offenses yet a sentence was delivered by Jesus. Since they were not armed or otherwise physically attacked Jesus, there is no clear justification for the deadly force which was used. There is no reason to blow the drama out of proportion regarding how Jesus is being treated. He is rightfully being given a day in court. It is going to be interesting to find out why he did not testify.
Justice will be done whether that is finding Jesus not guilty and by default affirming as reasonable his fear of imminent death at the hands of these 2 men or by ruling that he used excessive force.

All very Very true.

A drunk scum bad with a rap sheet is dead..another Paralyzed from being Drunk and stupid..

How many police officers shoot & kill innocent people everyday somewhere in the USA ?
how many for pulling a cell phone ?
How many dead from baseless warrant searches for their alleged offenses yet a sentence was delivered ? where was their rightful day in court ?

How many Dogs do they shoot for no reason ? did they get a rightful day in court ?

Did any of the dead at the hands of the police get a rightful day in court ? Nope. but they did get liquidated by the police who act as Judge, Jury & executioner (( play stupid games, win stupid prizes..right ? ))...how many of them are found guilty of killing someone ? Not many.. as these officer involved shooting are white washed almost always found to be a "GOOD SHOOT"..God forbid a cop is involved in a BAD shoot, that might make the police dept Liable but wait...they are not liable as they are immune as are most Govt bodies <<< a free hand to kill basically anyone the LEO decides to...but a citizen, that feels reasonably in fear of imminent death by 2 scum bags get's Hammered....

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

A drunk scum bad with a rap sheet is dead..another Paralyzed from being Drunk and stupid..
.... a citizen, that feels reasonably in fear of imminent death by 2 scum bags get Hammered....

The courts in Wisconsin do not dish out capital punishment for minor crimes so we are not allowed to either. A group of 12 is deliberating whether or not his fear was a reasonable one.

TyGuy

Interceptor, you took what I said incorrectly. I am not saying that I think Jesus is being railroaded, actually I hope that justice is served by this case, whether he goes to jail or not. I don't know what happened, but I hope that he is punished if he is guilty, and I hope that he is set free if he is innocent.

I was trying to insert levity into a serious subject, and to point out that even though our system is flawed, and could be improved upon, it is still fundamentally a good system.

TyGuy

I should add that I hope, not think, that Jesus is innocent, because I can accept a person being killed if they were threatening another person, but I would hate for an innocent person to be killed.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I should add that I hope, not think, that Jesus is innocent, because I can accept a person being killed if they were threatening another person, but I would hate for an innocent person to be killed.

I agree with this, I really hope that his actions were of that of a person that was in real fear of his life.......The Jury was not there that night, they did not see the actual events & how they unfolded, the fear that Jesus was experiencing...I met Jesus once & a nicer guy not to be found.

bmwguy11

Since they were not armed or otherwise physically attacked Jesus, there is no clear justification for the deadly force which was used.

Cite please.

Last I checked it was Corn who claimed they did nothing to Jesus, while Jesus claimed they attacked him. I did not realize that you are the jury currently in deliberation. Why are you pretending you are the jury and making the statement that there was no clear justification for the force used, and claiming that Jesus was not physically attacked?

You did this same thing earlier in this thread, and I called you on it, but you declined to respond then as well. I really think you need to stop stating these things as "facts", since you have no cite or proof, considering those "facts" are currently in contention in an active case. Thanks.

Last edited: