• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anything new with Jesus Gonzales case?

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I was thinking that there is some critical piece of information for the defense that the judge would not allow. They are hoping to win the appeal and this information will be allowed to be heard. I believe that some are correct that he did not want to show all of his cards at this trial but will testify if his appeal is successful. Maybe this "critical " information is his WHOLE defense. JMHO
http://wcca.wicourts.gov/courtRecordEvents.xsl?caseNo=2010CF002323&countyNo=40
WCCA said:
40 09-01-2011

Motion hearing Sankovitz-29, Richard J. Richmond, Donna

Event Party Gonzalez, Jesus

Additional Text:

Defendant Jesus Gonzalez in court with attorney Nelida Cortes. Grant Huebner and Karen Behling appeared for the State of Wisconsin. Deputy clerk: dn . Motions heard. State agreed to defense request to exclude victims repretation[sic] for peacefulness. Court held in abeyance the defense motion to admit evidence of defendant's need to go armed. Court ordered case adjourned for final pre-trial conference in Branch 29 on Oct. 13, 2011 at 1:30 p.m.
My emphasis.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I think "held in abeyance" simply means the judge temporarily set it aside to consider at a later time. Was the motion ever brought back up?

Last edited:

PT111

I think "held in abeyance" simply means the judge temporarily set it aside to consider at a later time. Was the motion ever brough back up?

Since Jesus never testified there would not have been any way to present it into evidence since he was actually the only one who could testify to that. Therefore the motion was never ruled on one way or the other.

McNutty

Anyone know where he is going?

If I'm not mistaken, Dodge Correctional Institution acts as the intake site - the DOC then evaluates and determines where you go next. I've no idea how long that takes but Dodge is where you usually they send you first.

This is supposed to be a site that helps you locate somebody in the system:

http://offender.doc.state.wi.us/lop/

KBCraig

"Gonzalez was charged with shooting Danny John, 29, and John's nephew, Jered Corn, 22, outside Mamie's bar on May 8, 2010."

:banghead: He was on his own front porch! :banghead:

paul@paul-fisher.com

He was not on his porch.

What he said.

As a side note, it looks like some legal gyrations were set in motion for the sentencing. Basically, the judge vacated the 2nd count and Jesus plead no contest to a "2nd-Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety".

He got 20 years + 5 years probation on "1st-Degree Reckless Homicide" and 5 + 5 on the 2nd charge. They are to be served concurrently (at the same time).

Here's my cite:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/courtRecor...set=2&linkOnlyToForm=false&sortDirection=DESC

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
As is so often the case, what we don't know is potentially more important than what we do know.

The little that can be verified doesn't fill the void. This all leaves me with a sad and desolate feeling for Jesus.