• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2a "Protests" and Starbucks

Tony4310

Festus, stop forcing me to agree with you. It's making me nauseous lol

Dancing fruit time!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

moneymaker

People like that will not meet face to face. They would have to back-up their words. This ...person ? :uhoh: ..... can't do that.

Sorry to bust your bubble,But yes i do plan to be there as i want to express my thoughts face to face on youtube postings and group picture postings as i think it defeats any cause and is childish attempts to say looky at me!!!

mspgunner

So, when exactly is the meet time lol

Yo Tony.... I think we'll meet at Starbucks as time and travel allow. LMTD and I have day jobs, Frann is going as well as others with school and what ever. I'll go home, change get my sidearmm and head out there as traffic allows... maybe there by 5:00 or so. Crossing into ST. Chas. Co. can be tricky from this end of the world. Also with the "holiday", (remember) have to get in some home time........

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I was planning on being there around 6:30, but if everyone's looking to be there earlier, I can move my plan up a bit.

You are correct sir! the time was 6:30 aka 18:30 and that is about as soon as I can get there. If I leave work EARLY I MIGHT make 6 but I doubt it, I get to play with highway 70 traffic all the way out 30 some miles, not going to make it before.

Since we know we have an anti showing up, folks need to remember what they say, he has clearly identified he is up to kill the legislation so keep your thoughts internal. I don't imagine he shall enjoy a conversation with me, but who knows, he might be a real nice guy and suddenly convert me to warm and fuzzy!

See ya'all betwee4n 6 and 630, best I can do and it will be somewhat short as I am not getting any younger and my lovely maiden will not tolerate more gun stuff so I have to dedicate the hours to PRODUCTIVE efforts, not making fun of anti's in public.

mspgunner

You are correct sir! the time was 6:30 aka 18:30 and that is about as soon as I can get there. If I leave work EARLY I MIGHT make 6 but I doubt it, I get to play with highway 70 traffic all the way out 30 some miles, not going to make it before.

Since we know we have an anti showing up, folks need to remember what they say, he has clearly identified he is up to kill the legislation so keep your thoughts internal. I don't imagine he shall enjoy a conversation with me, but who knows, he might be a real nice guy and suddenly convert me to warm and fuzzy!

See ya'all betwee4n 6 and 630, best I can do and it will be somewhat short as I am not getting any younger and my lovely maiden will not tolerate more gun stuff so I have to dedicate the hours to PRODUCTIVE efforts, not making fun of anti's in public.

An anti? Some one doesn't support the Constitution of the United States of America the 2nd amendment of the bill of rights, nor art 1 sec 23 of the Missouri Constitution?
I missed something!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
An anti? Some one doesn't support the Constitution of the United States of America the 2nd amendment of the bill of rights, nor art 1 sec 23 of the Missouri Constitution?
I missed something!

Yeah, moneymaker or whatever his nick is has said he is going to send a note to the legislators to show them what rude people we are so they see that they do not want to support us. He is also thinking that having channel 2 show up at Starbucks is something we should be concerned with, not sure where he came up with that theory but odds are if they do show, I will know the reporter and can dog and pony for them.

He claims he is comming, though I seriously doubt it. I mean god forbid 2a supporters meet up and take pictures of their meetings and then post those photos on a forum of like minded people, I never heard of such a thing! Could you imagine if car guys met at Chuck-a-Burger and took photos and posted them on a car forum! Wait a second, they do that, hmmmm, come to think of it, a lot of groups do such things including church groups and the like. OMG we are all going straight to hades!!!!!

It should be an entertaining evening to say the least.

Gotgoo

Hey, i'm new on here, but I would still like to come out around 6:30 and show my support! May even try to drag the girlfriend along. I've never OC'd before either so it will be my first time.

Tony4310

I was reading a website trying to get protesters to Starbucks today and they are scripting patrons aka protesters to pose at everyday people. Here is what they are scripting them to do lmao......... I also love how they say most businesses do not allow firearms. I see very few that do not allow them.

2) ASSERTIVE APPROACH: JOIN THE NATIONWIDE BOYCOTT ON FEBRUARY 14 by texting/e-mailing your/face booking your friends to meet you at your local Starbucks (perhaps invite the local media too). When you arrive have a few nice big lettered signs to hold outside in front of the Café’ ( Signs might read, “Boycott Starbucks/No Guns”, “Danger, Guns Allowed”, etc)

(b) a couple of you might want to write up a 45 second script that could involve your protesters in a video smart phone production done right there in front of that local Starbucks, then put on you tube.

“ Excuse me, but I thought I should tell you before you go in, that Starbucks lets people with guns inside. (crowd shouts –“They let people with guns in Starbucks? – We’re outta here!”) Yes, it’s true and we’re hoping people will boycott Starbucks until they do what other responsible businesses do and keep the guns out. (patron replies- “Thanks for letting me know. Guns in Starbucks is Nuts! I’ll come back when its safe and relaxing again.”) (crowd shouts- “ Us too! – No Guns , Boycott Starbucks!!”). “

YOU CAN DO IT! Then post your videos and share them on your social network, through e-mails and with family and friends.

Lynno

Update

I went to the Starbucks in Lake St. Louis near Wal-Mart, and I was the only one open carrying. I asked the clerk if there had been any other supporters of 2A or boycotters there, and he just smiled and said that while they were aware of the boycott threats that more people had spoken out in favor of the Starbucks policy. Then he pointed out the front door where there was a line for the drive through window and said he didn't think too many people were listening to the boycott.

My hat is off to the decision makers at Starbucks to support local laws, and not be swayed by fear mongers. I will make a point to visit their establishments more often now, simply to show support. After all, isn't that the way things are supposed to work?

Lynn Stephenson
O'Fallon, MO

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
By the way folks who are attending the OFallon meet up, it is an OC with CCW only location so if you do not have a permit, don't get yourself into trouble, leave it in the car and just have some coffee with us.

Since one person has already indicated they are trying to stir up as much trouble as they can to try and kill pending legislation, there is no telling just how stupid they might become. More than one of these anti-types has been known to call the police and make false reports, don't get yourself into a bind and by all means relax and have fun.

Protesters protesting legal behavior is a great form of entertainment.

If I can make it by mom and dads I am going to grab my 686 just for this occasion and celebration of companies staying out of politics and simply following the law.

Boba Fett

I had a great smoothie at the Starbuck's on S Glenstone in Springfield. Didn't notice anyone else carrying. Everyone in that place was glued to a laptop and one guy had a newspaper. lol I felt kind of weird just sitting there looking around drinking a smoothie. haha :D

Redbaron007

I had a great smoothie at the Starbuck's on S Glenstone in Springfield. Didn't notice anyone else carrying. Everyone in that place was glued to a laptop and one guy had a newspaper. lol I felt kind of weird just sitting there looking around drinking a smoothie. haha :D

I'm heading there in a couple hours. I did visit the SB by the office, unfortunately unarmed; driving a company vehicle and firearms are prohibited via company policy.

mspgunner

You are welcome to do as you see fit, the media may well show up, they may not, it makes no difference to me at all.

You on the other hand are simply an anti on a huge whine on this board, your pretending to be otherwise now fully exposed has rendered your thoughts pretty much moot for rights supporters.

You are still welcome to come have coffee, but not only do I not expect your reception to be kind of cold, I expect you haven't the capacity to show up.

*sniff*

And he didn't show up!

Talk, Talk Talk...