• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2a "Protests" and Starbucks

VW_Factor

That is what played out in my head, was like a western. Guy walks in the double swing doors, and the piano player stops playin and everyone turns to see the "new guy" that walked in through the door. I am positive this stuff really happens in reality, especially in coffee shops!

drew9

Joining NRA or Grassroots?

Hey guys,

Just curious if any of you are members of either groups? Or both? I'm considering joining one or the other but not sure yet which one I will go with. My father-in-law is a life time NRA member, so I'm familiar with that, but hadn't heard of grassroots before that Golden Corral meet up.

Drew

drew9

Hey guys,

Just curious if any of you are members of either groups? Or both? I'm considering joining one or the other but not sure yet which one I will go with. My father-in-law is a life time NRA member, so I'm familiar with that, but hadn't heard of grassroots before that Golden Corral meet up.

Drew

woops. meant to start a new thread. sorry! :D

mspgunner

Hey guys,

Drew
'
Some here are members of the MSSA, Missouri Sports Shooters Association.

http://www.missouricarry.com/

Last edited:

Redbaron007

I had a great smoothie at the Starbuck's on S Glenstone in Springfield. Didn't notice anyone else carrying. Everyone in that place was glued to a laptop and one guy had a newspaper. lol I felt kind of weird just sitting there looking around drinking a smoothie. haha :D

I seen no issues. All I seen was support from other customers and staff. I visited 3 Starbucks myself yesterday.

My visit was a complete dud! Meaning, no one even noticed me!! :cry:

The clerk at the counter was very pleaseant. I did ask if she saw anyone else, during her shift, OC'g; she stated one person came in after lunch. She got to work at 11:30. She said they were very busy; the walkin and drive through traffic was unusually high.

She did say her dad/brother all CCW, but don't OC. I told her to tell them to try it....they'll like it!!! :banana:

Attachments

• dancingdots.gif
    dancingdots.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Actually...

Whenever we hold an event it comes off very pleasant and sometimes a curious person will ask questions regarding firearms ammo etc.

Whenever we have one there is always that one silent moment no one can deny. One of our members enters and a hush falls, glasses drop, jaws fall open. It is not his gun that grabs the attention, it is the ass-less chaps that cause the commotion. When questioned as to why he OC's he simply explains that the GLOCK is too hard to conceal!

The member shall remain nameless ..... for now!

peterarthur

Ahh, but re-read the story. He was drinking a Fappachino! I'd hate to know what exactly the primary ingredients were.....

LOL... yeah, that hit me, too. By the way he acted with the cop, it is makes more sense...

Yeah, I'm calling B.S. on that one, too.

Superlite27

I would simply like to point out that there is no such thing as "ass-less chaps" if chaps had asses wouldn't they simply called pants? lol

This has been often noted. However, after a period of time, you'll realize that, with this group, just because something makes sense has absolutely no influence on whether or not we actively choose to continue our irrational behavior. At the risk of completely destroying the subtlety of a good "inside" joke, we KNOW that all chaps are, by design, "assless". Part of the endearing quality of this particular recurrent theme (which I will not destroy by explaining) is the fact we continue to refer to the aforementioned chaps as "assless".

That's just how we roll.

Ballistic Penguin

The funny thing is that within my own personal group of friends this has been known as my "personal rant" so by default I HAD to mention it!

This has been often noted. However, after a period of time, you'll realize that, with this group, just because something makes sense has absolutely no influence on whether or not we actively choose to continue our irrational behavior. At the risk of completely destroying the subtlety of a good "inside" joke, we KNOW that all chaps are, by design, "assless". Part of the endearing quality of this particular recurrent theme (which I will not destroy by explaining) is the fact we continue to refer to the aforementioned chaps as "assless".

That's just how we roll.

HighFlyingA380

Really ? I know a ton of cops, and they will tell you different. If they get dispatched, they have to go. Period.
From everything I've heard, pretty much every department will dispatch to any and every call, unless there is a much more dire circumstance requiring that officer. It's not mandated by law, but left up to the individual departments, probably as a way to cover their a**es, just in case. Think about it from a lawyer point of view. If something happened where someone was injured, it would come up in court that there was a 911 call, but no officer arrived. Now, this is a one-in-a-million situation, but that one time could end up costing a ton of money.

Mo

Banned
From everything I've heard, pretty much every department will dispatch to any and every call, unless there is a much more dire circumstance requiring that officer. It's not mandated by law, but left up to the individual departments, probably as a way to cover their a**es, just in case. Think about it from a lawyer point of view. If something happened where someone was injured, it would come up in court that there was a 911 call, but no officer arrived. Now, this is a one-in-a-million situation, but that one time could end up costing a ton of money.

Courts have already ruled they have no duty to protect the individual. Only society at large.