• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2a "Protests" and Starbucks

moneymaker

I understand everything you all are trying to do and appreciate it,But this is my opinion and sure to get flamed over it.I see it is just a ploy in the role of Starbucks to get more revenue as they said they support OC but then dont let Employees defend thereselves or Starbucks property,As not all Starbucks are in ideal locations!!!Then i heard they dont support the gatherings but are just neuteral on the OC issue.Seems they flip flop on alot of issues except the Gay Marriage,Same sex agenda,Myself i cant agree with them and i for one wont support them as to me it is a fli flop issue with them to just better there revenue,Sorry if i offended anyone as i wanna see this new bill pass and have emailed and called the folks who are my elected officials as well,But if OC does pass how many stores ect. will just post a sign stating OC not allowed in there store and there will be nothing you can do ? As being private property that will be there rights,And if you need food ,clothes,ect.You have no choice.

mspgunner

I understand everything you all are trying to do and appreciate it,But this is my opinion and sure to get flamed over it.I see it is just a ploy in the role of Starbucks to get more revenue as they said they support OC but then dont let Employees defend thereselves or Starbucks property,As not all Starbucks are in ideal locations!!!Then i heard they dont support the gatherings but are just neuteral on the OC issue.Seems they flip flop on alot of issues except the Gay Marriage,Same sex agenda,Myself i cant agree with them and i for one wont support them as to me it is a fli flop issue with them to just better there revenue,Sorry if i offended anyone as i wanna see this new bill pass and have emailed and called the folks who are my elected officials as well,But if OC does pass how many stores ect. will just post a sign stating OC not allowed in there store and there will be nothing you can do ? As being private property that will be there rights,And if you need food ,clothes,ect.You have no choice.

WElcome to the OC forum, you just signed up, good start, and have made 3 posts......Nice to see NEW PEOPLE START to be involved.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I understand everything you all are trying to do and appreciate it,But this is my opinion and sure to get flamed over it.I see it is just a ploy in the role of Starbucks to get more revenue as they said they support OC but then dont let Employees defend thereselves or Starbucks property,As not all Starbucks are in ideal locations!!!

Starbucks does not "support OC" Starbucks has no position on it at all, they simply stated they will follow the law where ever their stores are located.

They simply choose not to govern their customers and respect the choices their customers make.

As far as their employees carrying, by definition they are to govern the actions of their employees and it is very possible that their insurance regulations require it. Beyond that, it is a choice the employee makes,no one is forced to work there. Insurance rates vary depending upon employment and having armed empolyees does cost more.

I support persons rights to post property as they see fit, it is called property rights and no one especially the government should tell you what you have to do on your own property. If I decide anyone is not coming into my home armed, I can assure you, they will NOT do so, it is MY home, I make the regulations within.

moneymaker

Well i can name 100 places that dont have no position on if you OC in there due to it being legal in there Municapilty,But i dont see you guys Whooing over them places,Starbucks did go out off there way to Self Promote this and you guys in my opinion are going to the extremes with Starbucks,It seems its the only place you are really focusing on,Sorry but just my opinion.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Well i can name 100 places that dont have no position on if you OC in there due to it being legal in there Municapilty,But i dont see you guys Whooing over them places,Starbucks did go out off there way to Self Promote this and you guys in my opinion are going to the extremes with Starbucks,It seems its the only place you are really focusing on,Sorry but just my opinion.

That is absolutely false, i have promoted a great many business locations who are not governing customers, you obviously formed your opinion from a totally clueless position which is fine with me, you are your own man, do as you wish.

I sincerely doubt Starbucks had anything what so ever with the brady camp organizing a boycott of their business on Valintines day. I believe everyone is indeed going there to show them support in the face of this economic pressure from the anti's. Others might have differing motivations, but that is mine, I am a folgers guy myself, its what I have at home and what they serve at work, Starbucks offeres me nothing extra other than sharing the same princples of not governing others.

I am not trying to govern you, however engaging you has a minor element of entertainement and value so as to expose the clueless position you develop your opinions from, it helps. Like I always say, I love the first amendment too, it allows one to identify the stupid people.

Welcome to the party.

Redbaron007

[snip]....
I am not trying to govern you, however engaging you has a minor element of entertainement and value so as to expose the clueless position you develop your opinions from, it helps. Like I always say, I love the first amendment too, it allows one to identify the stupid people.

Welcome to the party.

Isn't the 1st Amendment great!! appl.gif

Boba Fett

Today I went to 5 shops trying to find smoewhere to borrow or rent blue guns for me and another minor to carry. So far I can only get one loaned from a friend. :/

Boba Fett

Yeah that's another good idea. Just didn't want to give the impression that we did carry but had disarmed ourselves as if we were going into a gun-free zone or something.

STL Wolf

We won't know this till if and when they do this!

I don't have the time to check out all of the star Bucks in the area ti find out.

O'Fallon sounds good to me, heck where you live, and it is OC friendly, I would think there is a good chance it would be an anti-2A place, just because of where it is?

Sounds like a GREAT Idea - I think I saw a 6:30PM time to meet. Anyone have a different time in mind?

STL Wolf

Last edited:

mspgunner

Sounds like a GREAT Idea - I think I saw a 6:30PM time to meet. Anyone have a different time in mind?

STL Wolf

I will get there as work anbd traffic allow, I would think a few from 5:00 PM as late as 7:00PM for arrival..... again traffic if going from STL Co.
I would imagine there will be at least 8-10 of us there!

moneymaker

O'Fallon sounds good here!
Starbucks "official" corporate policy is to abide by local laws.
should be no problem!

4581 Highway K
O'Fallon, Mo.

I hope myelf as being such a moron can find this place this day for the meet and greet:banana:

moneymaker

Time will tell and i will do one better for you,How about i have FOX2 there to even interview you so you can thump your chest some more?You wont have to put it on youtube as the whole state will see it on television.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Time will tell and i will do one better for you,How about i have FOX2 there to even interview you so you can thump your chest some more?You wont have to put it on youtube as the whole state will see it on television.

You are welcome to do as you see fit, the media may well show up, they may not, it makes no difference to me at all.

You on the other hand are simply an anti on a huge whine on this board, your pretending to be otherwise now fully exposed has rendered your thoughts pretty much moot for rights supporters.

You are still welcome to come have coffee, but not only do I not expect your reception to be kind of cold, I expect you haven't the capacity to show up.

*sniff*

Tony4310

You are a trouble maker my good sir. You are the one thumbing your chest as if you are superior to everyone else. I also believe you to be an anti rights individual by reading your posts as of late. You have contributed nothing but fight picking and trouble making. Grow up a little and join the rest of the adult world.

Tony4310

I will get there as work anbd traffic allow, I would think a few from 5:00 PM as late as 7:00PM for arrival..... again traffic if going from STL Co.
I would imagine there will be at least 8-10 of us there!

So, when exactly is the meet time lol

Festus_Hagen

You are welcome to do as you see fit, the media may well show up, they may not, it makes no difference to me at all.

You on the other hand are simply an anti on a huge whine on this board, your pretending to be otherwise now fully exposed has rendered your thoughts pretty much moot for rights supporters.

You are still welcome to come have coffee, but not only do I not expect your reception to be kind of cold, I expect you haven't the capacity to show up.

*sniff*
People like that will not meet face to face. They would have to back-up their words. This ...person ? :uhoh: ..... can't do that.