• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

compmanio365

Hey everyone. New to the forums. First time OC today went to Winco in Lacey, Walmart in Yelm, and Stewarts Meats in Yelm No Encounters or questions and was a good day for first time OC.

Welcome aboard and congrats on popping that OC cherry. Will be heading out to Countyline and Stewarts in Yelm today probably, good place for OC. Yelm Cinemas is apparently one of the only theaters in existence any longer that you won't get hassled about OC either. Makes it worth the drive for me.

Cbenjamin

Welcome aboard and congrats on popping that OC cherry. Will be heading out to Countyline and Stewarts in Yelm today probably, good place for OC. Yelm Cinemas is apparently one of the only theaters in existence any longer that you won't get hassled about OC either. Makes it worth the drive for me.

Thanks. I feel much more confident after that first time. Went out again today to the community park, dollar tree, and sunbirds in Yelm and another great day to OC. No comments or questions. It's good to know about the Cinemas that was going to be one of my questions. I applied for CPL over a week ago so should have that soon too but don't plan to CC much, don't have anything to hide but not having the hassle of loading and unloading everytime I get in or out of the car will be nice.

Schlepnier

Cbenjamin
Welcome to OCDO and as a fellow yelm native I think you will find we have a great little area, I OC all over the place with no issues. see you out there.

decklin

Saw another unicorn yesterday at auburn Fred Meyer. Red headed guy walking w his so?me and my gf were there and kinda caught me by surprise. Tried to say a quick hi but didn't say quick enough. Nice to see more out there

That was me. Were you the guy in the white T-shirt that pointed at my hip and nodded?

briehl12

Yup that was me. It happened so fast and I was running late to get to the M's game. My girl
And I were having a good time laughing and I noticed as we walked around the corner. I will be moving out of the auburn area and in the kent area here next month.

Grim_Night

OCd at the safeway in the lakewood towne center today (sunday) with my father to pick up a couple of essencials. On the way out the car some guy was trying to get people to sign a petition to put universal background checks. Both my father and I couldn't seem to get it across to the guy that we weren't interested and that the guy was barking up the wrong tree. My father has been a big supporter of me ever since I got my CPL and started carrying. We kept trying to tell the guy to take a hike and that we were both in support of gun owners rights and we were not interested in signing his petition. but he just wouldn't back down. He ended up telling up that he was from California and that he had only been up here in Washington since the 3rd.

When my father and I finally drove away, we both just laughed at the guy.

Trigger Dr

If that was for I 594 you did the right thing. If it was for I 591, you messed up. 594 will end up as a restrictive and eventual registration and confiscation bill. 591 would have back ground checks but only agreement with a NATIONAL standard. 591 would eliminate the Wa pistol transfer form and defacto registration currently in use.

skeith5

If that was for I 594 you did the right thing. If it was for I 591, you messed up. 594 will end up as a restrictive and eventual registration and confiscation bill. 591 would have back ground checks but only agreement with a NATIONAL standard. 591 would eliminate the Wa pistol transfer form and defacto registration currently in use.

591 is not the answer. It's poorly worded and probably wouldn't survive a challenge in the state supreme court. It will confuse people by having 2 firearms bills on the ballot. And, add svg mentioned there should be no national standard for universal background checks, do we really trust the feds to do anything right?

compmanio365

When I went to the Yelm Walmart Sunday, there was a young lady there getting people to sign petitions for both I-594 AND I-591. She apparently didn't understand that I-594 was a very bad bill for gun owners. After I explained things to her, when we came out she was gone, so I assume she got the message.....both of these petitions are poorly worded and confusing.

olygreen

I have been carrying just about everyday with out any issues. I think the only comment I got was at walmart from a guy from Texas asking what I was carrying because he did not know this was an open carry state. I told him to check out this site. I am sure this week and weekend I will get some comments when I carry around at lake fair. I am disappointed that the car show is postponed this year. Good news is that Cabelas had a lot of .45 and .40 ammo back on the shelves

Drazhar Rakarth

HUGE Carry Day

Spent the day with .45ACPaddy (Almost called him G21 Paddy)

Jersey Mike's Kent - Police encounter went like this...
Officer: (opens door) How are you doing gentlemen?
Me: Just fine Officers... (he went to the line and got his lunch)
As it should be!

Frye's Renton - Shopping for a Mother board, Ram, and Video Card
Las Margaritas Auburn Parking Lot - Meeting a friend and talking guns.
Cabela's Lacey - Never had an issue. 1 Employee at the front desk mentioned if I OC I'll be shop first. He is entitled to his opinion.
Friend's House, semi anti gun - She commented to Paddy on how safely he handled firearms at Cabela's, never sweeping anyone and "knowing where to safely point a gun." Kudos!

.45ACPaddy

Spent the day with .45ACPaddy (Almost called him G21 Paddy)
...insert rest of quote here...
Friend's House, semi anti gun - She commented to Paddy on how safely he handled firearms at Cabela's, never sweeping anyone and "knowing where to safely point a gun." Kudos!

I don't see this as praise, I see this as the normal way to handle a firearm. Anything short of religiously practicing safe firearm handling is way out of what's normal. I'm simply doing what responsible gun owners should do on the daily, as we should. Keep up the good work guys!

And yes, a very good OC day! We went to Starbucks off of 512 and South Tacoma Way without incident. Sure, a few looks from a group of teens, but they've probaly not been educated on what's normal.

Not to deviate, but I OC the Lakewood Towne Center Safeway on a regular basis. Nobody says anything, hardly anyone notices.

In fact, there was one time where Lakewood PD was in line behind me. Zero interaction! As I was finishing up with the cashier, they got some sort of priority call and had to dump everything and rush out. That was it.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

591 is not the answer. It's poorly worded and probably wouldn't survive a challenge in the state supreme court. It will confuse people by having 2 firearms bills on the ballot. And, add svg mentioned there should be no national standard for universal background checks, do we really trust the feds to do anything right?

I swear, some of you people like to female dog about everything even if there is no issue.

gun dealers in Washington ALWAYS have to obey federal law REGARDLESS of what state law says END OF STORY

so this problem about trusting the feds is disingenous. A uniform national stardard is the NICS and 4473 for all dealer sales, there will be no constitutional issue with this in Washington.

in the end both initiatives will probably be thrown out since both cover more then one subject.....

The real problem is that 594 will make it to ballot because people opposed the initiative reform measures several years ago to protect Tim Eyeman, if those reforms had gone through using paid gatherers would be illegal and 594 would not be coming to ballot.

EMNofSeattle

Then don't bring it up. It's part of the site rules though that if you make a claim you have to back it up though. No one has backed up the claimed requirement for the form 4473 though.

well why don't you cite your claim of "50 states" didn't you make a big stink last year over Washington never having been duly ratified as a state? so by your idea there can't be more then 49 states. please cite this.