• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

O_Kellogg

Alright, Yelm, Roy folk, I'll call this one: This Sat, 8:00am, Bunkhouse. (Breakfast Burgers...Mmm...):cool:

godsdaddy, we'll make sure you can hit the next one!!

OK.

ps. A few other places I OC'ed the past few weeks in Pierce:
Exxon @ 176 and Pacific (going inside - just pumping gas doesn't really count does it?)
Jack-n-box on Canyon by Abertson's (about 2x per week)
Southhill Top Food and Walmart
Spanaway Walmart
1/2 Price Books by Tac Mall

Last edited:

Schlepnier

Alright, Yelm, Roy folk, I'll call this one: This Sat, 8:00am, Bunkhouse. (Breakfast Burgers...Mmm...):cool:

OK.

Exxon @ 176 and Pacific (going inside - just pumping gas doesn't really count does it?)
Spanaway Walmart

Sorry man,
1.to darn early, I work swings so getting outta bed before noon is a no go expecially Saturday
2.way to short notice. try giving it a week or two next time.

I will be there in spirit though. mabey a sunday afternoon lunch or something next time ;)

tombrewster421

OK.

Spanaway Walmart

I'll try to be there with one of my kiddos.

SGTapone

Really?! Another Yelm guy?! ;)

Welcome aboard!! :banana::cool:

Anyway, guys, I was thinking the regular South Sound meet-ups are either "way-North" or "way-East", so how 'bout if some of us grab breakfast in Yelm? Unless there is something I don't know about Mr. Doug's or The Bunkhouse, either one of those work for me. Sometime between 7:30 and 9am? Pick a day of the week...

OK.

I agree its tough making it to some of the meet ups, yelm would be perfect, or even lacey. I would attend if there was something a little closer. were you guys thinking a weekend day in yelm? if so where? what day? time?

open to anything

EDIT: just saw the bunkhouse at 8am. Ill be there.

who all plans on going?

Last edited:

O_Kellogg

Sorry man,
1.to darn early, I work swings so getting outta bed before noon is a no go expecially Saturday
2.way to short notice. try giving it a week or two next time.

I will be there in spirit though. mabey a sunday afternoon lunch or something next time ;)

Aw, don't apologize, bro! It didn't look like anyone else wanted to call it, and maybe I got impatient, so I made a short-notice call, for a time of my convenience.
(Gives me an excuse to go out for breakfast) ;)
I'll have an extra cup o' Joe for ya!

Call the next meet! Eventually we'll find what works for the most locals - or not...
(I'm not friends with 'mid-day') ;)

OK.

Schlepnier

Did a bit of OC today, had to go get my PC upgraded at ye old bestbuy in lacey. yook about 2 hours so I walked over to the taco del mar and had a burrito came back into the bestbuy and hung out till they finished. only comment I got was one of the bestbuy guys asking me what caliber I carry in.

hit the walmart in yelm for another typical grocery trip.

tombrewster421

Last night I went to BJ's restaurant and brew house in Puyallup. Enjoyed a PM porter with my bison burger. Both were good. No comments.

This morning I went to bunkhouse in Yelm with the family to meet a couple locals. Had a good time talking guns.

tombrewster421

Went up to Renton today to visit the grandparents and found out that their neighbor is a rabid OCer. I spotted my first unicorn!

Cbenjamin

OC at thurston county fairgrounds

I am wondering if anyone knows whether OC is allowed at the thurston county fairgrounds. The fair in Lacey is this weekend and want to take the kids but can't find anything on their website stating one way or the other. I just received my CPL this week but don't have a conceal holster yet.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I am wondering if anyone knows whether OC is allowed at the thurston county fairgrounds. The fair in Lacey is this weekend and want to take the kids but can't find anything on their website stating one way or the other. I just received my CPL this week but don't have a conceal holster yet.

I did one year, and even spent about 20 minutes talking to the SWAT team while they did the "kid retina ID thing" with no issue. On the way out a TCF member had an issue, and said the liberals will lose their mind. Nothing official, so I say carry on. Come see me at the Olympian newspaper booth by the entrance. Due to work rules I will be unarmed :(

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Some 'county' fairs are in fact private fairs, and some are true county fairs. A good source of information about county fairs is to look in the county code. In the case of the Thurston county fair, I confirmed that it indeed is a county run fair (Thurston county code Chapter 2.48 FAIR BOARD), so preemption would apply, and they have no illegal restriction on firearms (Thurston county code Chapter 2.50 THURSTON COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS RULES AND REGULATIONS)

OCbaldguy

Ate breakfast at Dennys in Fife today while waiting for Sportco to open. Open carried without incident except one guy staring really hard with a concerned look.

As a side note, i was thoroughly disappointed to have to eat at Denny's. My usual spot is Mitzel's, but they are closed (permanantly?) now. Denny's breakfast doesn't hold a candle.

Carried into Sportco, with no issue.

Freedom1Man

Ate breakfast at Dennys in Fife today while waiting for Sportco to open. Open carried without incident except one guy staring really hard with a concerned look.

As a side note, i was thoroughly disappointed to have to eat at Denny's. My usual spot is Mitzel's, but they are closed (permanantly?) now. Denny's breakfast doesn't hold a candle.

Carried into Sportco, with no issue.

I've always found Denny's to be firearm friendly though. Like Startbucks, I don't prefer the burnt coffee they serve, but they are firearm friendly so I do drink the stuff that they serve.

OCbaldguy

I've always found Denny's to be firearm friendly though. Like Startbucks, I don't prefer the burnt coffee they serve, but they are firearm friendly so I do drink the stuff that they serve.

Denny's bacon is taken from anemic pigs it would seem though... and my hash browns were burnt to a crisp... pancakes were kind of rubbery as well.

Mitzel's coffee would make you never want to eat at Denny's again, that is for sure. I'm so sad they're closed. Been going there since i was 10 years old. There and Elmers in Tacoma.