• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denied Access to Oakland Co. Records

stainless1911

Banned
Clarification.

This is probably far more information than you want but here is the back story. A couple of months ago, the sheriff learned a sign had been placed at records banning weapons and ordered it down. Facilities management takes care of all county properties, including the sheriff's. They, unbeknown to us, replaced a sign outside of records that is the same one in place on the court house. At the court house it is due to a judicial order. Employees who come and go thru the records door then assumed it was policy. The sheriff has ordered the sign covered and that the employees all be told it does not apply. I hope that clarifies the sequence of events.

REPLY:

Thank you for the detailed response. I truly appreciate it.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned

Thus, the exemption for "a person licensed by ... another state to carry a concealed weapon" means, in the context of this law, a person who possesses any license [resident or non-resident] from any state that permits that person to carry a concealed weapon.

This does not allow a person to carry concealed under that license, because this law does not pertain whatsoever to concealed carry. There is another law that covers that.

Does this clear up your question?

Might delete the bolded word in this context.

Jared

Just curious....how does someone get a Maine CPL. Even if it's a non-resident one I would think they would require someone to show up in person. Again I'm just curious how this works? Good luck, hopefully it works out.

Google or bing....

Maine State police

Gaming and weapons unit

Easy to read and to apply

HKcarrier

I gotta give Stainless an "atta boy"... Nice follow through... I still wouldn't have given them all the info you did. ;)