• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another New Forum Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye95

WW's avatar is "personalized." It is unique to him. It makes his posts recognizable. It is not like he routinely changes avatars. He sticks with it.

I believe this is precisely the kind of avatar that the owners are calling "personalized."

There is no honest reason for someone who had never used that avatar before to use it now. The mods or admins should remove that poster's avatar.

That's how I see it.

Personally, I have zero respect for posters who would stoop to such dishonesty--and zero interest in anything they write.

eye95

don't "good point" me, that wasn't a defense of you, only an argument against a rule that can only be enforced selectively....

you're clearly being disruptive, which I believe was made a forum rule after the antics of Stainless 1911. you shouldn't change avatars just to troll other users.....

I think it is a good rule. Judgment will be required by the admins and mods to properly enforce the rule. However, it is their board and they constantly have to exercise such judgment.

Anytime someone adopts an avatar that no one else is using, and uses it continually for a long period of time, it becomes an identifying mark. Anyone else using it either has made a mistake or is deliberately and dishonestly trying to confuse matters. This poster is clearly not mistaken. He is being dishonest. That is despicable behavior on a message board.

matt2636

don't "good point" me, that wasn't a defense of you, only an argument against a rule that can only be enforced selectively....

you're clearly being disruptive, which I believe was made a forum rule after the antics of Stainless 1911. you shouldn't change avatars just to troll other users.....

if you even read the post we are talking about then well you would know what we are talking about. troll gets used in place of truth because the truth/facts hurt sometimes. if stating facts and good arguments is disruptive then why even post or be on any forum? i can make arguments how your avatar isnt personalized as you stated would that make me disruptive? if so how do you have a conversation with anyone then?

Beretta92FSLady

My avatar is proprietary, there's only one photo like it.

I haven't seen duplication of avatars around here recently.

Can I still use Don't Tread On Me Rainbow avatar?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I think it is a good rule. Judgment will be required by the admins and mods to properly enforce the rule. However, it is their board and they constantly have to exercise such judgment.

Anytime someone adopts an avatar that no one else is using, and uses it continually for a long period of time, it becomes an identifying mark. Anyone else using it either has made a mistake or is deliberately and dishonestly trying to confuse matters. This poster is clearly not mistaken. He is being dishonest. That is despicable behavior on a message board.
I agree.

matt2636

Isn't "coping" either an evaluation of dealing with emotional stress in a positive manner or a type of saw?

i dont know i didnt go to school to be a psychologist. i find it funny how when someone makes and argument or statement about something and someone disagrees its either trolling or you get insulted over it cause people cant face the facts.

oh and no one "owns" anything on here that includes avatars. this forum is a lot like facebook and the publice can see what is written or your avatars. i could use your avatar in a different forum and what could you do about it? absolutly nothing. i made a aruement about leather holsters in another thread and wolkingwolf got all upset about. i provided a link to my "claim" and called me a lier and said the story was "bogus" yet he provided no proof of his "claim" even though i had to provide proof of mine. actually he also wanted video and a police report of the incident. but whatever.

all i was trying to do is get some truth out of him instead of crying about it. so i used his own arguments against him and yes copied his avatar. and yet more soreness of the bottom came out of it. i guess if you are like that then dont leave your home or get on the internet or watch tv. better yet go be a politician cause it sounds like thats where you will best fit in. well not all of them are like that i guess.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
oh and no one "owns" anything on here that includes avatars.

Yeah, and you don't own this forum. Those who do can create whatever rules they want.

If it were me, you'd be banned for flagrant disregard, posting in the very thread promulgating the rule your disregard for the proprietors' wishes.

This is not a public venue. Free speech, copyright law, whatever – it's all irrelevant. You are obligated to do as the owners demand, or go elsewhere.

Most of us would prefer the latter. The fact that you're still using WW's avatar indicates disrespect for the entire forum, as well as its owners. That you think it's just about you and WW shows how childish and worthless your presence here is.

You're wrong, and you have no leg to stand on. Man up and admit it.

Last edited:

matt2636

Yeah, and you don't own this forum. Those who do can create whatever rules they want.

If it were me, you'd be banned for flagrant disregard, posting in the very thread promulgating the rule your disregard for the proprietors' wishes.

This is not a public venue. Free speech, copyright law, whatever – it's all irrelevant. You are obligated to do as the owners demand, or go elsewhere.

Most of us would prefer the latter. The fact that you're still using WW's avatar indicates disrespect for the entire forum, as well as its owners. That you think it's just about you and WW shows how childish and worthless your presence here is.

You're wrong, and you have no leg to stand on. Man up and admit it.

i never said it wasnt their site. but it is view by the public. but he broke a forum rule as well so do we only enforce ones we want to? sure im breaking a rule that was just RECENTLY made up but he broke one that has already been in place. is this what you do if you cant prove or win a argument? you call them a troll and report them to get them kicked off the forum cause you dont agree with something factual they posted?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
i never said it wasnt their site. but it is view by the public. but he broke a forum rule as well so do we only enforce ones we want to? sure im breaking a rule that was just RECENTLY made up but he broke one that has already been in place. is this what you do if you cant prove or win a argument? you call them a troll and report them to get them kicked off the forum cause you dont agree with something factual they posted?

A: If you don't report rule violations, nobody cares to hear what you think about them later. Your argument is akin to "well, it's OK that I slashed your tires, because Joe Bob keyed my car last week".

And I'm saying, "well, you probably should have pressed charges against (or sued) Joe Bob. But you didn't. And now I don't give a damn; you slashed my tires, and now you're the bad guy. Shut up about what Joe Bob did (which you didn't even see fit to report), and fix what you broke."

Also, nobody reported you for your first several violations of forum rules. It wasn't until you were called out for their violation, and you indicated that you don't give a damn about the forum owners' brand new rule (created just for you) that you risked any sort of moderator action.

B. Changing your avatar in the middle of a discussion (or argument) is pretty much the definition of troll behavior. You can't win an argument so you resort to childish tactics. That's what trolls do.

Don't want to be called a troll: don't troll. It's that simple. You're not the victim here, buddy. You've been an immature ass, and the forum will be better off without such behavior.

Last edited:

matt2636

A: If you don't report rule violations, nobody cares to hear what you think about them later. Your argument is akin to "well, it's OK that I slashed your tires, because Joe Bob keyed my car last week".

And I'm saying, "well, you probably should have pressed charges against (or sued) Joe Bob. But you didn't. And now I don't give a damn; you slashed my tires, and now you're the bad guy. Shut up about what Joe Bob did (which you didn't even see fit to report), and fix what you broke."

Also, nobody reported you for your first several violations of forum rules. It wasn't until you were called out for their violation, and you indicated that you don't give a damn about the forum owners' brand new rule (created just for you) that you risked any sort of moderator action.

B. Changing your avatar in the middle of a discussion (or argument) is pretty much the definition of troll behavior. You can't win an argument so you resort to childish tactics. That's what trolls do.

Don't want to be called a troll: don't troll. It's that simple. You're not the victim here, buddy. You've been an immature ass, and the forum will be better off without such behavior.

yeah if i was trolling both of you were trolling as well cause you replied didnt you. no need to be hatin or calling someone an immature a$$. isnt that against the forum rules?
walkingwolfs childish tactic was inviting you into the same discussion to bash on me cause you couldnt provide evidence for what you were claiming. he couldnt handle it and phoned a friend. thats fine i dont care i can play ditry to. i didnt stoop to you level and insult you i was wanting you to own up to what you were saying. and you never did it you would basically repeat what you said through the whole argument and neither of you like the taste of your own medicine

EMNofSeattle

yeah if I was trolling both of you were trolling as well cause you replied didnt you(run on sentence). No need to be hating or calling someone an immature a$$. Is that not against the forum rules?
walkingwolf's childish tactic was inviting you into the same discussion to bash on me cause you could not provide evidence for what you were claiming(Who's the subject of this sentence?). (Started a sentence with a pronoun) could not handle it and phoned a friend. that is fine I do not care i can play ditry to this sentence is illegible and is ended with a preposition. I did not stoop to your level and insult you I wanted you to own up to what you were saying. (Can't start a sentence with a conjucntion) you never did it you would basically repeat what you said through the whole argument and neither of you like the taste of your own medicine(run on sentence with no period)

I had to correct your statement in order to decipher it. Grammar in a language exists to aid the reader in understanding it properly, you would do well to watch school house rock a few times and stop writing in text-speak.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
no need to be hatin or calling someone an immature a$$. isnt that against the forum rules?

That was a factual description of your behavior. An ass is a donkey, by the way, a creature known for their loud, persistent braying, and their stubbornness.

If you don't want it to apply to you... well, you're free to stop personifying that description at any time.

Last edited:

matt2636

I had to correct your statement in order to decipher it. Grammar in a language exists to aid the reader in understanding it properly, you would do well to watch school house rock a few times and stop writing in text-speak.

haha that shows you are desperate for a come back. looks like you made a few mistakes as well. are you going to jump around from thread to thread,like a unicorn with a rainbow halo,correcting everones posts? (those commas are for you by the way) well maybe you should. your grammer skills are probably better then your shooting skills.

matt2636

That was a factual description of your behavior. An ass is a donkey, by the way, a creature known for their loud, persistent braying, and their stubbornness.

If you don't want it to apply to you... well, you're free to stop personifying that description at any time.

whats funny is you keep replying. so you are calling yourself a a$$ as well. do your friends pay you to fight their battles for them?

JoeSparky

Centurion
i dont know i didnt go to school to be a psychologist. i find it funny how when someone makes and argument or statement about something and someone disagrees its either trolling or you get insulted over it cause people cant face the facts.

oh and no one "owns" anything on here that includes avatars. this forum is a lot like facebook and the publice can see what is written or your avatars. i could use your avatar in a different forum and what could you do about it? absolutly nothing. i made a aruement about leather holsters in another thread and wolkingwolf got all upset about. i provided a link to my "claim" and called me a lier and said the story was "bogus" yet he provided no proof of his "claim" even though i had to provide proof of mine. actually he also wanted video and a police report of the incident. but whatever.

all i was trying to do is get some truth out of him instead of crying about it. so i used his own arguments against him and yes copied his avatar. and yet more soreness of the bottom came out of it. i guess if you are like that then dont leave your home or get on the internet or watch tv. better yet go be a politician cause it sounds like thats where you will best fit in. well not all of them are like that i guess.

Great diversionary attempt there but you completely missed the hint that you didn't use the word "copying" but used an entirely different word with a completely deferent meaning. I gave you 2 different options of the possible intended meanings and you went for psychology so you first statement I quote still makes no sence as posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt2636

Great diversionary attempt there but you completely missed the hint that you didn't use the word "copying" but used an entirely different word with a completely deferent meaning. I gave you 2 different options of the possible intended meanings and you went for psychology so you first statement I quote still makes no sence as posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMNofSeattle should be galloping in here on his unicorn soon to clean this up. i dont know joseph your talking about "emotional stress" bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.