• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We have a cool new sponsor. Give them some Love!

2AFriendly

Thanks for the intro. We're open carriers ourselves and are excited to finally get the OC rating ability into the app. Been browsing this forum for years too, happy to finally be a supporter.

A little background, we're gun owners in the blessed position and having the ability to make a business rating tool, so we decided to do it. The iPhone app Android app, and website all feed business ratings into the same database.

We've been working on making everything searchable online. Example: filter out and view anything rated OC. Our eventual goal is to build a lot more state-by-state stats and ways of looking at the data, in time.

Today we just completed the online Reciprocity tool that we built into our +P premium app version (the app detects it automatically based on your license/permits).

We're excited to announce out first major release since version 1!

Changes and improvements:

* Automatic State Reciprocity Detector based on user's carry permit state (+P version)
* State gun laws quick guide (+P version)
* Added Open Carry ratings
* Added Open Carry flag status
* Changed unrated business to new unrated flag status instead of Neutral
* Alternate map marker (dots) setting
* Bugfixes and improvements

Android (Google)

Android (Amazon)

iPhone (Apple)

sraacke

Is this put out by or associated with the FriendorFoe.us database which we have been using for the past couple of years. I know there was some rumor of FoF developing an app. Is this what they came up with?

solus

what does your 2A app track, if anything, e.g., calls, location, etc., and if so where and how is the data used, maintained, and stored?

who is keeping the reciprocity current?

http://2afriendly.com/

opps didn't mean to break your web site but the reciprocity page is skew'd, er, or so i have been told...no i wan't there but heard about it, ya heard about it...

ipse

Last edited:

2AFriendly

Is this put out by or associated with the FriendorFoe.us database which we have been using for the past couple of years. I know there was some rumor of FoF developing an app. Is this what they came up with?

I used the friendorfoe site for years myself, but we are unrelated to them.

2AFriendly

what does your 2A app track, if anything, e.g., calls, location, etc., and if so where and how is the data used, maintained, and stored?

ipse

The app uses current GPS location to grab the businesses around you, but it doesn't save or track that info. It also uses the internet connection.
The only personal info saved is your email address, and if you choose, your state of license/permit. We advise not to use your real name for a username, but some people do anyhow. Everything is stored on a server inside a professional datacenter.

The business listings come from google's directory. It's not perfect, but it's the largest and most complete, so that's what we use...

Last edited:

2AFriendly

who is keeping the reciprocity current?

opps didn't mean to break your web site but the reciprocity page is skew'd, er, or so i have been told...no i wan't there but heard about it, ya heard about it...

ipse

Keeping the reciprocity info current is my job :)

If something looks skewed, you can PM me and tell me what browser version you use, and I can take a look.

Rusty Young Man

The app uses current GPS location to grab the businesses around you, but it doesn't save or track that info. It also uses the internet connection.
The only personal info saved is your email address, and if you choose, your state of license/permit. We advise not to use your real name for a username, but some people do anyhow. Everything is stored on a server inside a professional datacenter.

The business listings come from google's directory. It's not perfect, but it's the largest and most complete, so that's what we use...

Welcome to OCDO and greetings from sunny, dry Arizona!

I'll look into the app for my iPad. I've used friendorfoe as well as gunburger (the second one is more local to Arizona, so I try to help it as well). Thanks for the effort!

2AFriendly

Welcome to OCDO and greetings from sunny, dry Arizona!

I'll look into the app for my iPad. I've used friendorfoe as well as gunburger (the second one is more local to Arizona, so I try to help it as well). Thanks for the effort!

The app doesn't work on iPads - it's a long story. BUT - that's why we keep adding to the website. Pull it up on your iPad - has all of the same functionality.

We've had a few people ask about supporting the iPad. We will eventually... I hope :lol:

Arizona is my favorite state - wish I lived there! Beautiful and full of freedom

Last edited:

Arin Morris

It doesn't work that great on mine. Changing the configuration from mobile to desktop mode helps a little, but it's still not very functional on my phone. I'll wait for the app, just hoping I don't have to wait too long. Thanks!

2AFriendly

It doesn't work that great on mine. Changing the configuration from mobile to desktop mode helps a little, but it's still not very functional on my phone. I'll wait for the app, just hoping I don't have to wait too long. Thanks!

The app has been out for awhile now

(ahh nevermind I see you had the Windows phone)

Last edited:

jrmullen93

Been using this app frequently for the past few days (username azgunowner) and the only thing this app falls short on are the users. If more of us start utilizing this app this will be an excellent resource!

2AFriendly

Been using this app frequently for the past few days (username azgunowner) and the only thing this app falls short on are the users. If more of us start utilizing this app this will be an excellent resource!

Appreciate it. What you all have done so far is amazing. We're in it for the long haul. America's a huge country but we're not going to stop. OC ratings just passed 2k

2AFriendly

y8kGzcm.png

http://2afriendly.com/2afriendly-bu...ty=&bizsearchstate=&bizsearchrating=2#results