• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Status of OC in Missiouri?

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
My wife and I are planning a trip to Lathrop Mo in September.
Looks like you haven't got preemption in Missouri, so naturally, I'm curious about OC'ing in Missouri while there.
If it is prohbited, we can veer north to Iowa and carry there on our way further east after our visit to Lathrop.

What is the status of OC in Mo?

It won't matter a great deal, because we both have our concealed permits, and those are recognized everywhere we plan to go, with the exception of Illinois, where nothing is recognized, up to and including the 2nd Amendment!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

kcgunfan

There is no state preemption for OC, so it's hit and miss. It's mostly OK outside of KC and STL though. Unless you want to spend a lot of time researching, just conceal.

Howdy Folks!
My wife and I are planning a trip to Lathrop Mo in September.
Looks like you haven't got preemption in Missouri, so naturally, I'm curious about OC'ing in Missouri while there.
If it is prohbited, we can veer north to Iowa and carry there on our way further east after our visit to Lathrop.

What is the status of OC in Mo?

It won't matter a great deal, because we both have our concealed permits, and those are recognized everywhere we plan to go, with the exception of Illinois, where nothing is recognized, up to and including the 2nd Amendment!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Redbaron007

Unfortunately, MO is not preemptive...which means the local municipalities can regulate open carry. Unless you can find their ordinances online; stick with the conceal.

However, reviewing their online ordinances, oc is not prohibited. The caveat is, have they updated these recently? You may want to contact City Hall and verify there has not been any changes...if they will even tell you.

Here is their online municipal codes. The firearms section is 210.300

Here is the city's website.

Enjoy MO!:cool: