• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Long gun OC'd in Anaconda

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I was driving through Anaconda yesterday on my way to an eye appointment.My eyes were good enough to spot a "regular joe" walking down the street with his lady. I saw something across his chest and upon closer inspection it appeared to be an M1A1 or an M14 rifle. There was nobody running or screaming, the weapon was shouldered and they were shopping. I commented about it to mt Sweet Babboo and she replied, "Montana"".

m1a1.jpg

MontanaResident

I sometimes carry my AR-15 when I walk the dog. Coyotes are heard regularly, and there are wolves that I have yet to see.

Firearms Iinstuctor

After a day of P Dog shooting near Miles City we were removing our rifles from the trucks into the motel rooms to clean them.

There was a state trooper sitting the parking lot he just smiled and we waved.

Considering we had enough rifles to start a small war according to some anti's. And if in some foreign countries the military would have been called out.

Montana is a good place for sure. I drew a Montana deer lic. again this year and I well be heading out again to enjoy the fine state once more as I have for over 40 years.

My wife sometimes wonders why I love heading west instead of east.

Until one gets to the far left coast there is just a lot of plain good there.