• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GROUP CAMP at Confluence State Park Wenatchee May20,21,22

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to make it after all. I did something to my back and can hardly move. Gogo was kind enough to take me to the ER so at least I have some muscle relaxers to help out.

Maybe next time!

Jeff Hayes

Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to make it after all. I did something to my back and can hardly move. Gogo was kind enough to take me to the ER so at least I have some muscle relaxers to help out.

Maybe next time!

Bookman I was looking forward to seeing you, been there done that with the back thing, take care of your self.

Mrs Orphan & I will see the rest of you there tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Squeak

Maybe next time!
Sorry about your back. I hope you get better soon. We'll see you at the next coffee.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Just to let everyone know, the park will be full this weekend, every site is booked.

The state is getting big on carrying firewood from your home area to other areas. Right now there is no law against transporting firewood but I foresee it coming as they have done in other states where they have imposed large fines. Just be aware.

Don't move firewood: Please protect the Pacific Northwest from invasive species by obtaining or purchasing your firewood at or near your camping destination. Firewood can carry insects and diseases that threaten the health of our western forests. You can make a difference by buying and burning your firewood locally. For more information, visit online at www.dontmovefirewood.org or the Washington Invasive Species Council website.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
We just found out there is a group section that is designed for 50 people. It has a tent area as well as a parking area for trailers and rv's( no power, sewer or electricty). The cost is much better than individual sites and has a private shelter, bathroom and shower house.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
How did this go?

It was a great weekend, no gun issues with the park rangers or other guests unless you count the ranger asking a few of us what we carried. As I walked up to the ranger station the ranger asked what was on my hip. I replied a Glock 27, he said cool and started typing on the keyboard to get me my receipt.

Friday was excellent weather (mid 80's) with a pot luck of Salmon, various hot dogs, veggies and more.

Saturday the weather changed to wind and light rain, Breakfast was sourdough waffles...potluck that night was fried chicken, chili, potato salad, steaks and more

Sunday was again great weather, Breakfast was sourdough waffles... then most folks relaxed till it was time to break camp.

I decided to take Hwy 2 back over Stevens Pass. We stopped at the rest stop just short of the pass to eat lunch. Other than having my alternator belt loosen up, it was a very uneventful drive.

If I stay at this location again, I am going to try and get Sites 15 or 17. They both had a great view of the river.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Maybe next time!

Just an update: When Nick took me to the emergency room they gave me some muscle relaxers and Alleve. I took some when I got home and within 48 hours I was back to about 75%. By Monday I was 95%. Now i have a little residual stiffness, but am basically okay.

Squeak

Just an update: When Nick took me to the emergency room they gave me some muscle relaxers and Alleve. I took some when I got home and within 48 hours I was back to about 75%. By Monday I was 95%. Now i have a little residual stiffness, but am basically okay.
GOOD! I know what a bad back feels like.:banana:

Squeak

It looks like after Oct. 1, all the sites are 'first come' basis. I've seen some nice weather in Octember. Yup, mighty fine!:banana:

amlevin

I decided to take Hwy 2 back over Stevens Pass. We stopped at the rest stop just short of the pass to eat lunch. Other than having my alternator belt loosen up, it was a very uneventful drive.

Was this the rest area that had the shooting in 2007?

http://www.seattlepi.com/default/article/Police-say-rest-stop-shooting-justified-1252251.php

Whenever I have ever stopped at the Nason Creek rest area there have been more than one or two questionable individuals hanging out unless there's been a ton of snow on the ground. Too cold for them to hang out looking for whatever they look for.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Was this the rest area that had the shooting in 2007?

Same place, busy but quiet. Parking was a bear due to the folks in their SUV's parked on the RV/Truck side taking up lanes and parking against the curb when the proper side for them was almost empty. A couple of large RV's with trailers just blocked them in and made them wait.