• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dropping By From Aurora

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Seems like I havent posted since Custer died, so I figured I'd drop by and provide evidence that I still exist!
Ive open carried for so long now that I nearly take it for granted. It is what I do, no big deal, not much different than putting on pants in the morning!

I have rarely seen other OC'ers here in Aurora, but more disappointing, have seen darn few in my travels around the state. I am often travelling on
business, and cover a great deal of ground in order to ply my trade. Just don't often see anybody open carrying... except for colleagues I work with,
and we all tend to OC for the most part.

We interact with law enforcement on a regular basis, but on one encounter, I had an officer harrangue me for open carrying in his jurisdiction. I
tried to educate him on statewide preemption, but he was steadfast in his belief that their municipal ordinance was just as valid as the Gospel of
John! Seeing I wasn't going to prevail in helping him desist from attempting to enforce a law rendered null and void by preemption, I decided to
conceal my handgun and take my case to the agency level.

So it was that I contacted his agency with a complaint that they were attempting to enforce a law that no longer was valid under statewide
preemption. They asked for documentation to validate my assertion. When the smoke cleared, they ended up with a 30+ page treatise on
the subject that left no wiggle room for opinions contrasting with my own. They ran the document past their city attornies, and became
illuminated on the truth of the matter.

I received a nice letter of apology from that department, with a promise they would educate their officers on the legality of Open Carry.

It may have stung them somewhat when I included the phrase,
"It would be precious if your guys with a badge of law enforcement had some inkling what the law is!"

Sometimes life is good, and we can make it better when we stand on our rights as citizens!

solus

so what you are saying is after you left OCDO in a complete huff of whines of allegedly being unfairly being picked on for pushing agendas which most Colorado citizens couldn't get away with because of your associations as a bounty hunter with the nice LEs coupled amongst much testosterone and vocal bravado of started up on your Colorado citizen only group ~ now you believe you are the prodigal son?

so glad you are 'OC'g' around the state, (does that include Denver where your LE buddies capitulate and let you continue on your way cuz you are one of the 'good olde boys' huh!!) glad to hear.

glad you got your ego scratched but truly surprised they didn't take the word of a respected bounty hunter regarding the laws of the land.

btw...nice pic of you in your agent 99 extraordinaire clothing and badge...h3ll no wonder you can open carry throughout the state.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

You all play nice now - ya hear.

Hello!
I wondered why the Colorado section, once among the busiest on the forum, had so few recent posts. Why OC is rarely seen in Colorado.

Given such snappy retorts, I believe the question has been answered.
This remark does not apply to Grapeshot.

Last edited: