• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do not forget we have a calendar now!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
The new forum software comes with an event calendar. All users have permission to submit events for inclusion on the calendar and they will come to me for approval. Once approved, they will show to all users.

I would encourage state groups and instructors to all make use of the calendar and for all users to visit it often to see what is going on near you!

John

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Would really like a personal calender where I could log dinners, council meetings, events and such.

Have to wonder how a forum wide calender would function - seems like every meet-up (most stickies) would swamp the process, particularly during the summer. Are you prepared for the onslaught?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot
Would really like a personal calender where I could log dinners, council meetings, events and such.
Mozilla.org Lightning/Sunbird. Lightning integrates with their e-mail program. (An integer version update is impending and the 'add ons' are a bit in flux catching up.)

Appreciate the reference - have taken a quick look and like what I see - will look more in depth the first of the week.

Do you know if it compatible with all email, Outlook particularly, or does that not make a difference if you use Mozillla?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
To integrate Lightning with an SMTP client requires 'hooks' that are only in Thunderbird/Mozilla products - that I know of. I believe Sunbird, the stand alone calendar product, can send ICS formatted stuff through your SMTP client.

It may be wise to wait on version v.4, that should be soon, I have v.4 Beta 1 browser now. I'm only a user so don't take too much as gospel.

Last edited: