• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Be Careful During a Police Encounter

eye95

I see that both of you are still behaving like asses.

Feel free to ignore me. I wouldn't give a crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I see that both of you are still behaving like asses.

Feel free to ignore me. I wouldn't give a crap.

<o>

Oh, Your Majesty, thank you ever so much for permission to ignore you. But, as I mentioned, I do find you occasionally contribute.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I see that you continue to behave like an ass.

<o>

We. We see that you continue to behave like an *ss. If you're going to behave like royalty, bestowing permission to ignore you, then you need to use the royal we.

TechnoWeenie

So, I have an armed man, threatening to use force on me, without legal authority to do so.

That's called coercion, in this state, and it's a felony.

I've been taught not to draw or grasp at my weapon unless I have the intent of using it.

Anyone doing so, in my presence, when directed towards me, will be treated as a threat, pure and simple.

Point a gun at me, or threaten me with one, and I will do my damnedest to stop the threat.

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).

“Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self- defense.” (State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

DocWalker

I can tell that many here have not tried to arrest any drunks before nor had to wrestle on the ground with them. Nor had any other type of physical contact with stupid drunks that don't want to be arrested.

Before tasers she would have been ran down tackled and hit the ground harder because a couple hundred pounds of LEO would have landed on top of her.

The chances of injury would have been much greater to her and the officer had they not tasered her.

Some one stated their 5 year old could have taken her down. I guess they never had a drunk female try to kick them in the groin, bite them punch them, pull their hair, among many other types of bodily harm they can do.

You think the use of taser is bad try and place them in cuffs as she is kicking , biting, punching.

Most of you here seem to have got their fighting experience from watching movies. You think she could not hurt you because she was drunk you need to get some real experience.

Try being locked in the back of an ambulance with a drunk. I have been hit, kicked, punched, bites are common, and I can't count the number of times I have been barfed on. Not once did I feel the need to taser someone; not that they would let paramedics carry them. Now I'm jealous and want one to play with.

eye95

Let's not make the same mistake with cops having tasers that many make with us having guns. It is not the tool that is the problem. The only problem is the person using the tool criminally.

I like the idea of cops having tasers. Prior to that, they were faced with the choice of clubbing someone or shooting him. Now they have a middle ground that is usually far better for the subject than being shot and even sometimes better than a clubbing.

As long as they use them lawfully, tasers provide a useful alternative to other tools.

We usually only see videos of tasers being used criminally, creating a misimpression that they are not a useful tool that is often used properly. I posted a video recently of a man being tased to stop him from walking into traffic to kill himself. That was a good use of a taser. A club wouldn't have reached, and shooting someone to stop him from committing suicide is kinda self-defeating.

<o>

DocWalker

Let's not make the same mistake with cops having tasers that many make with us having guns. It is not the tool that is the problem. The only problem is the person using the tool criminally.

I like the idea of cops having tasers. Prior to that, they were faced with the choice of clubbing someone or shooting him. Now they have a middle ground that is usually far better for the subject than being shot and even sometimes better than a clubbing.

As long as they use them lawfully, tasers provide a useful alternative to other tools.

We usually only see videos of tasers being used criminally, creating a misimpression that they are not a useful tool that is often used properly. I posted a video recently of a man being tased to stop him from walking into traffic to kill himself. That was a good use of a taser. A club wouldn't have reached, and shooting someone to stop him from committing suicide is kinda self-defeating.

<o>

Cops also have OC Spray as a middle ground. Most cops carry an asp, oc spray, tazer, and pistol along with their Hand Cuffs and RADIO. Verbal Juddo is the main weapon to be used.

It all falls to the "use of force" model.