• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Be Careful During a Police Encounter

davidmcbeth

Banned
Not all sovereign citizens are cop killing murders like the government would like people/leos to believe.
It appears that any citizen that stands up for his/her rights is some sort of nut case anti government person.

Just my .02 your results may vary.

CCJ

An AAG called me a sovereign citizen ... he did not like my reply:

The FBI says soverign citizens have the following characteristics:

Indicators

Sovereign citizens often produce documents that contain peculiar or out-of-place language. In some cases, they speak their own language or will write only in certain colors, such as in red crayon. Several indicators can help identify these individuals.

References to the Bible, The Constitution of the United States, U.S. Supreme Court decisions, or treaties with foreign governments

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p...nt-bulletin/september-2011/sovereign-citizens

So I heard him do some of these things and I called him a sovereign citizen .,.. he got all pissed off at the hearing I was a party in ....

And now when he brings up that some of them ambushed some cops, I just say "what did the cops do to piss them off that much?" and he gets all mad again ....

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

They will make up names and bash folks for not following the path they want people to follow.

They want brain washed sheeple not constitutional minded people that challenge there unconstitutional methods.

CCJ

Firearms Iinstuctor

I can tell that many here have not tried to arrest any drunks before nor had to wrestle on the ground with them. Nor had any other type of physical contact with stupid drunks that don't want to be arrested.

Before tasers she would have been ran down tackled and hit the ground harder because a couple hundred pounds of LEO would have landed on top of her.

The chances of injury would have been much greater to her and the officer had they not tasered her.

Some one stated their 5 year old could have taken her down. I guess they never had a drunk female try to kick them in the groin, bite them punch them, pull their hair, among many other types of bodily harm they can do.

You think the use of taser is bad try and place them in cuffs as she is kicking , biting, punching.

Most of you here seem to have got their fighting experience from watching movies. You think she could not hurt you because she was drunk you need to get some real experience.

Maverick9

Again, I fault the LEO for not taking her keys immediately. You can see her fumbling with them.

As to laws stopping speeding - they don't. The only way to have any effect is to have one of those LED signs showing people their speed. It's interesting that those DO work, even though the person driving has their own indicator on the dash.

I wonder if it's that others can now see they're speeding and the ignominy effect makes the driver slow down.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I can tell that many here have not tried to arrest any drunks before nor had to wrestle on the ground with them. Nor had any other type of physical contact with stupid drunks that don't want to be arrested.

Before tasers she would have been ran down tackled and hit the ground harder because a couple hundred pounds of LEO would have landed on top of her.

The chances of injury would have been much greater to her and the officer had they not tasered her.

Some one stated their 5 year old could have taken her down. I guess they never had a drunk female try to kick them in the groin, bite them punch them, pull their hair, among many other types of bodily harm they can do.

You think the use of taser is bad try and place them in cuffs as she is kicking , biting, punching.

Most of you here seem to have got their fighting experience from watching movies. You think she could not hurt you because she was drunk you need to get some real experience.

Oh, I'm sorry. I missed the part of the video where this drunk woman tried groin kicks, biting, and hair-pulling.

And, thank you for admitting that police formerly used so much excessive force with their bodies that bouncing a face off concrete, risking concussion and broken teeth from a taser, is likely to be less injurious. Not that we didn't already know that. Some of us can still remember the video from a few years ago where a cop runs into an innocent person with his body to apprehend him, driving him into a masonry wall, and putting him in a coma with severe brain damage.

sudden valley gunner

Oh, I'm sorry. I missed the part of the video where this drunk woman tried groin kicks, biting, and hair-pulling.

And, thank you for admitting that police formerly used so much excessive force with their bodies that bouncing a face off concrete, risking concussion and broken teeth from a taser, is likely to be less injurious. Not that we didn't already know that. Some of us can still remember the video from a few years ago where a cop runs into an innocent person with his body to apprehend him, driving him into a masonry wall, and putting him in a coma with severe brain damage.

That was here in our wonderful state.....grrrr...thanks for the reminder.

eye95

Not all sovereign citizens are cop killing murders like the government would like people/leos to believe.
It appears that any citizen that stands up for his/her rights is some sort of nut case anti government person.

I carry a wallet full of my attorneys business cards, during any encounter with a leo, I simply hand the card to the leo and say please contact my attorney for any and all information needed to fulfill your query. I play dumb and only speak thru my attorney spokesperson.

When a Leo ask why do you need an attorney to talk or answer simple questions? I say, because I am not articulate enough to have a legal conversation with someone that is familiar with all the laws, and statutes of the state, and I prefer to have my legal spokesperson speak on my behalf, just to even the playing field so to speak. However no disrespect officer, but my attorney is more informed to supply you with the answers you seek and is getting paid quit handsomely to do just that. Now please make the call or let me go on my constitutional protected way.

Just my .02 your results may vary.

CCJ

If you have requested that all inquiries go through your attorney, why would you answer this question (bolded)?

How about, "That's a question. I have already formally requested that all questions be directed to my attorney." My understanding is that once an attorney has been requested, questioning must stop. They should not even be allowed to ask you why you want an attorney. Even if they have not told you so, you always have the right to have an attorney present during questioning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP If you have requested that all inquiries go through your attorney, why would you answer this question (bolded)?

How about, 1. "That's a question. I have already formally requested that all questions be directed to my attorney." 2. My understanding is that once an attorney has been requested, questioning must stop.

1. +1. It does the OCer no good to fall into the cop's conversational games. They do it for a living. They've got lots of practice. No point fighting on terrain chosen by him using the weapons he chooses.

2. Miranda v Arizona applies only to custodial interrogations. Does anybody have a state or federal ruling that police must suspend questioning when the right to counsel is invoked outside of a custodial interrogation?

ETA: When paring down quotes, I'm tired of deleting this sort of pretentious, promotional text:

< o>

Who gives a flying eff what equipment was used or the program? Should I start naming my browser with every post?

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Pretty sure that was a "she". A rather slight high school "she", at that.

Then again, there's probably another one with a "he" too.

Firearms Iinstuctor

She didn't have the chance because they tasered her.

You must have zero experience in handling drunks.

How would you have taken her into custody.

It was obvious that talking nicely and asking her to cooperate wasn't working.

As far as taking her keys you reach in to take them she latch's onto your arm puts the car into drive and drags you down the pavement or she sinks her teeth into your arm and holds on.

Gets some training and some real life experience in dealing with uncooperative drunk suspects and then you can give reasonable tactics on how to handle them.

It is very obvious that those of you complaining about this never had training or ever had to take a person like this into custody.

My comments are about this video and not some other one or incident that took place.

Each use of force is different.

JustaShooter

ETA: When paring down quotes, I'm tired of deleting this sort of pretentious, promotional text:

<o>

Who gives a flying eff what equipment was used or the program? Should I start naming my browser with every post?

I'm sure it is being added by the Tapatalk app as free advertising, but whether or not it can be turned off or even edited I don't know.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
She didn't have the chance because they tasered her.

You must have zero experience in handling drunks.

How would you have taken her into custody.

It was obvious that talking nicely and asking her to cooperate wasn't working.

As far as taking her keys you reach in to take them she latch's onto your arm puts the car into drive and drags you down the pavement or she sinks her teeth into your arm and holds on.

Gets some training and some real life experience in dealing with uncooperative drunk suspects and then you can give reasonable tactics on how to handle them.

It is very obvious that those of you complaining about this never had training or ever had to take a person like this into custody.

My comments are about this video and not some other one or incident that took place.

Each use of force is different.

Your stance is belied by the videos of cops physically seizing people, and then tasering them after they have trouble getting the cuffs on.

Also, you're saying police should make a first resort to a level of force known to cause death, concussions, broken teeth, and heart problems.

Every single arrestee could resist, could resort to groin kicks, could attempt biting, could attempt hair pulling. Your argument leads reducto ad absurdum to the use of a neurological weapon every time for anyone who does not comply.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
By his logic, police could simply shoot OCers immediately upon achieving RAS. Or at least tase us.

And, you consider this objectionable?

Why, any OCer could try to resist the detention.

And, the US Supreme Court has already explained with irrefutable logic that it makes perfect sense to seize numerous innocent people in the pursuit of preventing even minor offenses. The majesty of the law deserves to have its dictates observed.

And, OCers aren't just crossing against the light. Oh, no. They're armed. Any one of them could be a psychotic bent on multiple-homicide, and wiling to make the investigating cop their first kill.

Why, given what could happen, anything less than a paramilitary SWAT response is active, ill-judged, polly-anna benevolence on the part of law enforcement.

eye95

1. +1. It does the OCer no good to fall into the cop's conversational games. They do it for a living. They've got lots of practice. No point fighting on terrain chosen by him using the weapons he chooses.

2. Miranda v Arizona applies only to custodial interrogations. Does anybody have a state or federal ruling that police must suspend questioning when the right to counsel is invoked outside of a custodial interrogation?

Excellent point on 2.

Tapatalk inserts a signature in every post. When I use my MacBook, it does not.

If you are otherwise paring the post, what does it matter to pare those lines? If you are not paring the post, what does it matter? Get over it; it ain't changing.

<o>

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Tapatalk inserts a signature in every post. When I use my MacBook, it does not.

If you are otherwise paring the post, what does it matter to pare those lines? If you are not paring the post, what does it matter? Get over it; it ain't changing.

<o>

OK

eye95

The problem is that I can't use my Macbook at the moment. I have moved, and my Internet won't be turned on until tomorrow. At the moment, all I have is 4G on my iPad. Every once in a while life sucks, and you have to suck it up.

<o>

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The problem is that I can't use my Macbook at the moment. I have moved, and my Internet won't be turned on until tomorrow. At the moment, all I have is 4G on my iPad. Every once in a while life sucks, and you have to suck it up.

<o>

OK. I understand.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

<o>

You can turn it off. I'd tell you how, but you have me on ignore.