• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you do when someone false states you brandish a weapon

tcbrad98

Sorry, having run businesses and having employees for years, I thought it was common knowledge.

SW40VE-OC

I'm also sort of late to the gathering of minds. For the OP if she is still around: please get your terminology correct. Banishing is not the same as Brandishing. Words have specific meanings. If you were typing on a system that has autocorrect enabled, please proofread before you share it in public.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
I'm also sort of late to the gathering of minds. For the OP if she is still around: please get your terminology correct. Banishing is not the same as Brandishing. Words have specific meanings. If you were typing on a system that has autocorrect enabled, please proofread your share it in public.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Possibly others could as well....at least the proof reading part even if "autocorrect" is not enabled! LOL

Freedom1Man

By now I'd guess that the receiving of the paycheck has passed from the crisis stage of life.

Put all attitudes in the bottom of the sock drawer and concentrate of how to get that final check.

An employer can hold it for some specified period of time to ensure the employee returns all company property. Then they can deduct the cost of the company property from the check. Realize this and concentrate on getting the full check over any feelings or anything else.

As for the customer who filed the false police report - it seems the cops are not going to do anything. Your husband could file a lawsuit but that's expensive and not guaranteed to come out in his favor.

Put all attitudes in the bottom of the sock drawer.

stay safe.
Check your state's laws about final checks. Some states it is legal to withhold a final check until uniforms are returned, some it is is legal to deduct the cost of uniform from final paycheck, others you have buy your own uniform in the first place ao they have no right ro demand the "return" of a uniform, and yet other states it is all based on agreed upon policies that were signed when hired provided that said policies gave notice about returning of uniform(s).

Like Skid pointed out, get that final paycheck. My caveat is that you play by the letter of the law. One does not have to play nice to play legally. Might become a civil case against manager that could be #X amount owed. The false police statement would be icing on the cake in showing that the manager was dishonest the whole time.

BTW make sure you get a receipt for the returned uniform otherwise it might never be returned even after you have given it back.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

MAC702

Campaign Veteran

No, it isn't. The cite was critical to the argument. I've been an employee, and am now a business owner (no employees) in Nevada, and didn't know it. I, and several people I know, have been held hostage to uniforms for paychecks; it's actually common practice out here. I'm very glad to learn this information and will help disseminate it; though happy I've not personally needed to know it for a long time.

davidmcbeth

Banned
No, it isn't. The cite was critical to the argument. I've been an employee, and am now a business owner (no employees) in Nevada, and didn't know it. I, and several people I know, have been held hostage to uniforms for paychecks; it's actually common practice out here. I'm very glad to learn this information and will help disseminate it; though happy I've not personally needed to know it for a long time.

Was to me. Not to you. Who else wishes to vote? LOL

(I know "common knowledge" .... meh, not related to OC so....)

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Was to me. Not to you. Who else wishes to vote? LOL...

You do realize the question was related to Nevada? I'm a lifelong Nevadan, and it's fair to guess I know a lot more Nevadans than you. This is not common knowledge around here; and I'm more learned in the law than most. I humbly withdraw any claim that Nevada laws may not be common knowledge in Connecticut, and bow to you.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Thank you for your guys input. I will let you know the outcome

I thought that the outcome was that the cops were not going to do anything, given the changing statements made by the person complaining.

What, you intending on re-contacting the police and give even more statements that could be used against you in court?
Up to you.

taxman

Banned
FOIA requests are not valid for private property owners and a private owner is under little to no burden to retain videos.

Yes.

There is no demanding.

Oh, I'd be making demands. See #2 below:

1. File suit for slander.
2. Subpoena video from company. Company / management is going to be in deep doo-doo if video isn't preserved and made available.
3. Serve liar(s) with slander suit summons.

solus

Yes.
Oh, I'd be making demands. See #2 below:
1. File suit for slander.
2. Subpoena video from company. Company / management is going to be in deep doo-doo if video isn't preserved and made available.
3. Serve liar(s) with slander suit summons.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ deep pockets...

2. why would the private company/mgmt be in trouble for not preserving the video from their camera?

3. humm isn't calling folk liars considered slander?

ipse

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...why would the private company/mgmt be in trouble for not preserving the video from their camera?...

This. You want the video of what happened? Bring your own camera.

Now something in existence could be subpoenaed, I assume, and if it was previously destroyed, I can see that being argued in a civil courtroom to sway a jury's opinion, but that's different.

solus

This. You want the video of what happened? Bring your own camera.

Now something in existence could be subpoenaed, I assume, and if it was previously destroyed, I can see that being argued in a civil courtroom to sway a jury's opinion, but that's different.

ya especially with the concept...sorry the system was out of order, or the system is fake and just for show, or the system overwrote itself like it is suppose to do, or...

goes back to $$$$$$ expended and ROI.

ipse