• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unicorn spotted!

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I spotted a unicorn today around Birmingham! An open carrier who had no prior knowledge of any Alabama gun rights organizations!
Plural, more than on organization.

BamaCarry - https://www.bamacarry.us/
Bama says: "BamaCarry, Inc. is Alabama’s only “No Compromise” gun rights group."

Alabama Firearms Association - https://www.alabamafirearmsassociation.org/
AFA says: "The Alabama Firearms Association is Alabama's No-Compromise gun rights organization."

I'm confused! How is Bama the only “No Compromise” gun group in Alabama? Is it that one is a group and the other is an organization?

Kirbinator

There were various organizations before Bamacarry that have reincorporated, changed names, or were dissolved. I have not kept up with which organization is where or who those organizers or officers are.

SFCRetired

The history of gun-rights organizations in Alabama is one of the more shameful episodes this old man has ever witnessed. Never mind the attacks of organizations on each other. The attacks of certain individuals on other individuals was beyond shameful. I don't have the words to express the disgraceful antics of certain organizations toward their own members.

I very well remember a well-respected gun-rights advocate who was accused of alcoholism and of being a"sovereign citizen." The latter accusation was made publicly, putting both him and his family in danger.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The history of gun-rights organizations in Alabama is one of the more shameful episodes this old man has ever witnessed. Never mind the attacks of organizations on each other. The attacks of certain individuals on other individuals was beyond shameful. I don't have the words to express the disgraceful antics of certain organizations toward their own members.

I very well remember a well-respected gun-rights advocate who was accused of alcoholism and of being a"sovereign citizen." The latter accusation was made publicly, putting both him and his family in danger.
And he should be proud to be a Sovereign Citizen just like we all should.

Here is what the USSC said in Dred Scott v. Sandford, 60 US 393, 404 (1857)

"The words "people of the United States" and "citizens" are synonymous terms, and mean the same thing. They both describe the political body who, according to our republican institutions, form the sovereignty, and who hold the power and conduct the Government through their representatives. They are what we familiarly call the "sovereign people," and every citizen is one of this people, and a constituent member of this sovereignty."

So, when the cops accuse you as being a "sovereign citizen", using the term as being derogatory, the cop does not know the actual truth and is clearly displaying their ignorance.