• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

traffic stop and impound

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

exgabrit wrote:
Officers were very polite and friendly, got the pistol back while I was waiting with the initial officer while my ride was on its way, so no threat at all. don't think they ran numbers, she just held the pistol in her vehicle.

smn wrote:
Why did they seize the weapon, disarming you, and unloading it? Why the Terry frisk? You could've declined that, but the officer was nice and asked, right? I'm not saying you did anything incorrectly, but it sounds like you weren't a threat to the officer and no furtive movements made. If you do an open records act request for the encounter, did they run the numbers on your gun?
My guess is that while she had the firearm in her possession (a seizure) and in her vehicle she DID RUN THE SERIAL NUMBER TO CHECK AND SEE IF IT WAS STOLEN!

She was on a fishing expedition at your expense while she smiled to your face....