• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Firearm Carry Summary

DamnYankeeOk

Thanks for doing this. I'm not where I can pull the verbiage for Oklahoma. For school zones, people with a handgun permit can have a weapon on them while picking up or dropping off at the door. You can not exit the vehicle with a firearm nor store a firearm in your vehicle on school property. Effective Nov 1st 2013, private schools will be allowed to develop their own firearms policies. Public schools will remain the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

acmariner99

Thanks for doing this. I'm not where I can pull the verbiage for Oklahoma. For school zones, people with a handgun permit can have a weapon on them while picking up or dropping off at the door. You can not exit the vehicle with a firearm nor store a firearm in your vehicle on school property. Effective Nov 1st 2013, private schools will be allowed to develop their own firearms policies. Public schools will remain the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I re-read some of the Oklahoma Statutes on this subject and I found that you can have firearms stored in a vehicle on the campuses of Colleges and Universities (§21-1277 (D)) but you cannot leave your vehicle unattended if you are on primary or secondary school property. (§21-1280.1 (C)) you must be licensed in either case.