• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Speaking of forum admin issues: map updates

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
How is there no one around to 'admin' the site? These sites don't just run themselves without someone coughing up money every month. I have my own VPS and it requires constant maintenance.
The owner of the forum does just enough to keep it running, and nothing more.

mlawson

The owner of the forum does just enough to keep it running, and nothing more.
This confuses me even more. I would think most forum/site owners would get involved with the members, so you know, maybe enhance the community more based on users inputs? LOL.

KBCraig

As far as I can tell, Mike Stollenwerk has disappeared. John Pierce is still in control, but is an absentee landlord.

John collects the checks and does minimal maintenance, but doesn't carry how much the property gets trashed.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
As far as I can tell, Mike Stollenwerk has disappeared. John Pierce is still in control, but is an absentee landlord.

John collects the checks and does minimal maintenance, but doesn't carry how much the property gets trashed.
I've talked to John a number of times about getting a mod to no avail.

handgunlaw.us sends people here regarding open carry. This forum, I believe, has the most factual info than any other forum when it comes to open carry. But I don't think John cares.