• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Trigger Dr

How about we move the testicle talk out of this thread, we don't need this locked.

Partially correct.We do not need this thread locked, but on the other hand, it might do well to lock out the nutless agitator.
Notice testicles have been removed.

Freedom1Man

Partially correct.We do not need this thread locked, but on the other hand, it might do well to lock out the nutless agitator.
Notice testicles have been removed.

So instead of logic, you are reduced to name calling and sexual innuendos, and still have not challenged/rebutted anything I have pointed out. I really expected better from those who claim to support liberty.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Well on that note. As Monty Python used to say; "and now for something completely different". Went to Lacey Home Depot, then off to Walmart. At the gun counter the associate asked if I wanted some ammo, ha ha you funny, but I'll get a fishing license instead. Over in the meat section a little boy about 7 or 8 asks "why do you have a gun?". To protect my family I say, two seconds later he asks again and same answer. Then his little sister asks why, so for the third time I repeated to protect my family. Other than that typical no issue day of OC'ing in Thurston county. Wow, I just posted something relevant to OC in the SS OC report!

Freedom1Man

Well on that note. As Monty Python used to say; "and now for something completely different". Went to Lacey Home Depot, then off to Walmart. At the gun counter the associate asked if I wanted some ammo, ha ha you funny, but I'll get a fishing license instead. Over in the meat section a little boy about 7 or 8 asks "why do you have a gun?". To protect my family I say, two seconds later he asks again and same answer. Then his little sister asks why, so for the third time I repeated to protect my family. Other than that typical no issue day of OC'ing in Thurston county. Wow, I just posted something relevant to OC in the SS OC report!

Walmart has ammo? When did that change?

briehl12

Had a very good day O/C yesterday. Went to supercuts off 15th and Auburn way and got a few looks. The hair stylist is also gun friendly. We talked guns til he was done.
Then went to Supermall to drop of my fiances ring that was chipped. Went into Kay Jewlers and also had my daughter with me. No one said anything. She had to use the bathroom and when coming out, Auburn PD officer told me No opencarry in the mall. I just walked past him and politely said I know, we are leaving. No issue other than that.
AN hour and a half later my son had to go to Sports authority attached to the mall for baseball gear. We were walking through, and the same Auburn PD officer saw me and made a b-line straight to me and followed me a safe distance. When I stopped he stopped. I turned around and said you told me no open carry in the mall, now I am not in the mall please stop harrassing me. After about 2-3min of him watching me, he turned around and walked away. No further harrasment, or anyone saying anything to me.
Went to Sams club no words. Went to Baskin Robins on Auburn way with all the kiddos and fiance, no words said. One dirty look my a mother who would not keep her eye off me, so I smiled and nodded to her.

compmanio365

Don't comment on OC too often these days since it's so often uneventful. Last night was different. Went to Umai Teriyaki around the corner from the house for dinner, good food and better service. No problems. After we got done eating we headed over to 7-11 across the parking lot; since it was a nice evening we decided to walk. While waiting to checkout, had a lady come in and get in line behind me. It was quite clear from the word go that she was quite displeased at the 1911 on my hip. I heard her say not exactly quietly, "Really?!"....but since she wasn't talking to me directly I just ignored her.....I did turn to the GF with a look of "Here we go..." When we got up to check out finally she chose to confront directly with the question, "Is that normal, to carry a gun around like that?" I replied "Yes, I actually do so quite often, carry every day. Perfectly legal and acceptable." "Well that's just crazy." I just smiled and finished checking out. During this she felt she had to continue making several comments. "You must feel like a real man." "How pathetic." I have to admit, with each comment it became harder and harder not to bust out laughing, so by this point both the GF and I were grinning and laughing silently to ourselves. When I completed my transaction I turned to the lady, whom by this point had moved out of line and moved beside me on my right side and just said "Have a nice day" with the biggest ****-eating grin on my face and walked out to walk back to the car across the street. As I walked out I heard "Do you people ALLOW that here?!?"....I couldn't hold it in anymore, the GF and I both busted out laughing. As we were walking back to the car, I'm fairly certain this crazy lady followed us into the other parking lot and followed behind us with her car. When I turned around to look at the car shadowing us, the driver quickly parked, but didn't get out of the car, so I'm pretty sure that was the lady. Probably on the phone to the police.....not because she was scared, obviously, but because she was offended. Since I never saw one officer, I'm pretty sure PCSO told her too bad. Gotta love crazy people.

conandan

Saw my first oc'er today at the love's in Fife. I wasn't carrying because I was working but that the first one I've seen outside of the weekend meetings.
After work I strapped on my glock and went to the Safeway in Milton and to the warthog bbq. Not a word from anyone just a few looks of surprise.

briehl12

Saw a unicorn Thursday at the Fred Meyer in Auburn off auburn way. Nodded to him. Not sure if he is on the boards.. Didnt get a chance to say hi...

cpgrad08

Oc Friday at.the Safeway in the Lakewood Town Center. The cashier thanked me for carring and told me she felt safer and wish more people did. A good experience.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Schlepnier

Well its been a busy week and 3 days so I will recap-
this Friday-went to county line, then headed up to a couple of surplus shops looing for a few items. ended up in foxhole I unloaded before I went in as per the sign, one of the girls stated to bug me about being OC and one of the guys who knows I come in all the time basically told her to stop bugging me. hii the walmart in yelm, then went over to the papa murphey's, while waiting for my pie I noticed a unicorn walk in with a 1911 in an inside the belt rear holster. gave him a flyer and had a nice conversation while we waited. he has taught his teenage daughter how to reload already. :banana:

Saturday did my usual run onto quizno's and then off to the game store.

Sunday headed off to Seattle to do a little shopping at the uwajimaya center, took about an hour and a half then came back to walmart and snagged a few items I forgot on Friday.

All in all OC'd in the various business's 7 or 8 times with only one reaction of any kind...that being the foxhole where I got both a negative and a positive at the same time. lol

tombrewster421

Well today I got to do a bit more than my usual Starbucks stop. I went with the family to Bradley Lake park in Puyallup. Spent a bit of time watching my two year old climbing around on the big toys. No reactions to report there. Even when I was doing cartwheels with my girl.

Later I took the boy to Safeway in Spanaway to get some stuff for dinner. While I was there a young mother commented on how she loves that I have "that" and she thinks more people should have them. It was a good OC day!

O_Kellogg

'Nother Yelm noob!

Just started seriously OC'ing, as the jackets came off...

OC'ed a couple weeks ago @ Lee's Barber Shop - no comments.
This past week or so I hit Sunbird, Walmart, Arco, Yelm Farm and Pet, Del's and 4-Corners. Popped into Safeway just long enough to use the ATM. I think I got a couple strange looks @ 4-C, but overall no comment.

One young man working @ Sunbird asked if I get hassled. Had a nice little chat: told him I was pretty new to OC, shared some advice re: OC vs. CC, GFZ's and that personal behavior can go long way towards preventing problems, told him my positive experience being pulled over by YPD... Specifically told him to check out OCDO 'cause you guys ROCK for legal info...

O

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
'Nother Yelm noob!

Just started seriously OC'ing, as the jackets came off...

OC'ed a couple weeks ago @ Lee's Barber Shop - no comments.
This past week or so I hit Sunbird, Walmart, Arco, Yelm Farm and Pet, Del's and 4-Corners. Popped into Safeway just long enough to use the ATM. I think I got a couple strange looks @ 4-C, but overall no comment.

One young man working @ Sunbird asked if I get hassled. Had a nice little chat: told him I was pretty new to OC, shared some advice re: OC vs. CC, GFZ's and that personal behavior can go long way towards preventing problems, told him my positive experience being pulled over by YPD... Specifically told him to check out OCDO 'cause you guys ROCK for legal info...

O

Welcom to OCDO, thanks for following the site. It's always great so see a newbie go for it!

Tacitus42

Well its been a busy week and 3 days so I will recap-
this Friday-went to county line, then headed up to a couple of surplus shops looing for a few items. ended up in foxhole I unloaded before I went in as per the sign, one of the girls stated to bug me about being OC and one of the guys who knows I come in all the time basically told her to stop bugging me. hii the walmart in yelm, then went over to the papa murphey's, while waiting for my pie I noticed a unicorn walk in with a 1911 in an inside the belt rear holster. gave him a flyer and had a nice conversation while we waited. he has taught his teenage daughter how to reload already. :banana:

Saturday did my usual run onto quizno's and then off to the game store.

Sunday headed off to Seattle to do a little shopping at the uwajimaya center, took about an hour and a half then came back to walmart and snagged a few items I forgot on Friday.

All in all OC'd in the various business's 7 or 8 times with only one reaction of any kind...that being the foxhole where I got both a negative and a positive at the same time. lol[/QUOTE

Schlep,
The owner of the foxhole is an anti-military anti-2nd amend. coward.:mad: Read previous thread I posted about foxhole. Nothing about your visit was positive. FAIL

Last edited:

Schlepnier

Tacitus42

Well I personally never met the actual owner, so I do not know what he believes, however you are entitled to your opinion. however my visit was not a FAIL in my book since it was no different then it has been in the past.

O_Kellogg

hey there fellow Yelm native. welcome to the family

aa1911

Welcome from another Yelm-anian! Yelm is super oc friendly. Surprised u got any looks at 4 corners, i frequent ther several times a week oc ing every time. Ironically, the gun shop of all places is where u need to unload.

O_Kellogg

Thanks, gogodawgs, Schlepnier, aa1911!:cool:

...Surprised u got any looks at 4 corners...

I was probably just self-conscious. I've probably been in there >4 times a week for over 10 years, either CC or no-C, so this was a change for me...

Good stuff!

O