• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second Annual OC campout 5/18 - 5/20/12

brknprmss

Is there any space left?

Anyone know if there is any space left? Also, is this more of an adult or family environment? Wondering about kids?

Jeff Hayes

Anyone know if there is any space left? Also, is this more of an adult or family environment? Wondering about kids?

I am not speaking for anyone else. Well behaved kids, fully understanding kids are kids, are always welcome where ever I am.

brknprmss

I am not speaking for anyone else. Well behaved kids, fully understanding kids are kids, are always welcome where ever I am.

Thanx, I would not ask if I didn't trust them around firearms. They have been around my collection since birth and show the most respect for them, the people who carry them and enjoy being around people who love them. I will call the number posted and see if we can get a spot. Thanx again.

Squeak

Whew! Thanks Orphan! I thought you would say sumpin like, ' The oldest kid, Squeak, will be there!'
:banana:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Right now I'm working from Tues-Sat, I'm not sure what my schedule will be in May. I have spot 39 (large pull though no hook-ups) reserved Sat through Monday. If I can't make it I will post here before I cancel with the state so one of you can jump on it. Can we pick a spot closer next year? It's almost 200 miles from Olympia and at 7.4 miles to a gallon yikes!

DamonK

Anywhere closer?

I'm with golddigger, it's a little far for me. I'm in Olympia and at Ft. Lewis most days. Also, I'm brand new and would really like to sit down with some of you and pick your brains.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I am in Spokane

+1, Thanks for always making time to come to events statewide Orphan.

Excuses will always be made, we know that by now.

This is a weekend camping event, travel time is expected. Sometimes sacrifice is part of our passion about OC/CC/Firearm rights. A few weeks ago, Deros and I drove 2 1/2 hours to Vancouver, gave a 2 hour presentation and then drove home afterwards. All on our own dime. I am inspired by Deros/Orphan/SVG and others who are committed.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
One of the things I think some people may have missed is that this isn't just a wet side event. This is an event designed to be as convenient as possible to all Washington OCDO members and their families. That means that no matter where we go someone will be inconvenienced.

SO, you can suck it up and attend or arrange something closer to home. It's your call.

Jeff Hayes

+1, Thanks for always making time to come to events statewide Orphan.

Excuses will always be made, we know that by now.

This is a weekend camping event, travel time is expected. Sometimes sacrifice is part of our passion about OC/CC/Firearm rights. A few weeks ago, Deros and I drove 2 1/2 hours to Vancouver, gave a 2 hour presentation and then drove home afterwards. All on our own dime. I am inspired by Deros/Orphan/SVG and others who are committed.

Don't forget yourself Gogodawgs. Squeak also travels a lot for OC events. Deros72 & M1Gnr offered to come all the way over to Spokane just to be there to support me when I got tossed out of the Convention Center. There are lots of folks that go way out of their way to support OC. SVG drove all the way from Bellingham to attend the 1st picnic in the park in Spokane and then drove back the same day. There was a real risk of arrest that day Squeak, Deros72, M1Gnr, Phssspok and several others drove a long way to risk being arrested. My hat is off for all those that make the extra effort.

Squeak

Howdy, fellow toters. I may just try to make the campout, if you don't mind a stranger poking around looking for some of those famous waffles I heard about.

The Waffle Lady was impressed with your post! Looks like we'll have to take another waffle iron! We have only 2 jars of rhubarb jam left. Don't YOU be left out!.............................Priceless, my friends,priceless!

Boomboy007

No room left?!?

Just as I was working up an appetite for one (okay, multiple) Squeak waffles, I have been denied!!! It appears that there are NO campsites left for the weekend in question. I am really bummed, as is my girlfriend. She is Canadian, so she really enjoys visiting me and doing a little OC while she does. WAAAAAAHHHHH!

Squeak

Just as I was working up an appetite for one (okay, multiple) Squeak waffles, I have been denied!!! It appears that there are NO campsites left for the weekend in question. I am really bummed, as is my girlfriend. She is Canadian, so she really enjoys visiting me and doing a little OC while she does. WAAAAAAHHHHH!

Sorry to hear that. Reservations have to be made 9 months in advance at this place! Keep checking and maybe someone will cancell out.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

Interesting point, does a alien visiting the country have the ability to carry a firearms, open or concealed? The way I read this, she must have an alien firearms license to posses a firearm.

After doing a little research I found this.

RCW 9.41.175 Alien possession of firearms — Possession without license — Conditions.
(1) A nonimmigrant alien, who is not a resident of Washington or a citizen of Canada, may carry or possess any firearm without having first obtained an alien firearm license if the nonimmigrant alien possesses:
(a) A valid passport and visa showing he or she is in the country legally;
(b) If required under federal law, an approved United States department of justice ATF-6 NIA application and permit for temporary importation of firearms and ammunition by nonimmigrant aliens; and
(c)(i) A valid hunting license issued by a state or territory of the United States; or
(ii) An invitation to participate in a trade show or sport shooting event being conducted in this state, another state, or another country that is contiguous with this state.
(2) A citizen of Canada may carry or possess any firearm so long as he or she possesses:
(a) Valid documentation as required for entry into the United States;

(b) If required under federal law, an approved United States department of justice ATF-6 NIA application and permit for temporary importation of firearms and ammunition by nonimmigrant aliens; and
(c)(i) A valid hunting license issued by a state or territory of the United States; or
(ii) An invitation to participate in a trade show or sport shooting event being conducted in this state, another state, or another country that is contiguous with this state.
(3) For purposes of subsections (1) and (2) of this section, the firearms may only be possessed for the purpose of using them in the hunting of game while such persons are in the act of hunting, or while on a hunting trip, or while such persons are competing in a bona fide trap or skeet shoot or any other organized contest where rifles, pistols, or shotguns are used. Nothing in this section shall be construed to allow aliens to hunt or fish in this state without first having obtained a regular hunting or fishing license.

Last edited:

Jayd1981

As I said before, if I'm still around when this happens (pending deployment to Afghanistan), I have a campsite and can have guests on there. You would have to pay the extra vehicle fee and put up a tent. If I am unable to go, I can time my cancellation with someone here so they can snatch up my space.