• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Response from Goodwill Industires

DocWalker

Likely would be turned over to local LEA. Have never seen anything related to guns in a Salvation Army store/outlet.

They should be forced to drop the "army" part if they are not going to be armed. I wonder what armed santas in front of stores ringing bells would get in donations if they were all packing heat?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
They should be forced to drop the "army" part if they are not going to be armed. I wonder what armed santas in front of stores ringing bells would get in donations if they were all packing heat?

Good luck with that - they have a First Amendment right. The Salvation Army is a religious organization that has chosen to structure their ranks and chain of command similar to a military organization.
Operations of The Salvation Army are supervised by trained, commissioned officers. They proclaim the gospel and serve as administrators, teachers, social workers, counselors, youth leaders, and musicians.

These men and women have dedicated their lives, skills, and service completely to God. Lay members who subscribe to the doctrines of The Salvation Army are called soldiers. Along with officers, they are known as Salvationists.
http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/www_usn_2.nsf/0/74BBD587C6A63FF585257435005C7EF0?Opendocument

Add to include that I have OC'd in Salvation Army outlets w/o any problem.

Last edited:

DocWalker

protias

Packing heat? So they are carrying lighters?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grape I'm only joking...you need to take a 10mg of valium and call me in the morning.....lol

Ah so - I missed your cool emoticon up at the top. Do you recommend that I take them orally? :lol:

BTW - we had a Santa locally (not SA) that was a retired LEO - called him Sgt. Santa. I'm reasonably sure he carried, but not OC.