• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Operation CarryLand fundrasing under way - GIVE NOW - ON TO Madison!

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Mike wrote:
OK folks, Madison is the next target - am looking at Z 104 and Q 106 as the two stop stations that might get us coverage of most demographics- any thoughts?

We need to raise about another thousand or so dollars, then we can launch!

Give today by credit card on our updated contribution tracking system at http://www.opencarry.org/carryland.html.
Oooo.... I'm not sure about Z-104. That tends to be the station most popular with kids still in middle and high school. I would venture to guess a large portion of their audience isn't old enough to own a gun.

For an adult audience, I would suggest WIBA-FM (101.5) ((classic rock))
or
WOLX (94.9) ((oldies))

Q106-- a country station, is a fine choice.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Oooo.... I'm not sure about Z-104. That tends to be the station most popular with kids still in middle and high school. I would venture to guess a large portion of their audience isn't old enough to own a gun.

For an adult audience, I would suggest WIBA-FM (101.5) ((classic rock))
or
WOLX (94.9) ((oldies))

Q106-- a country station, is a fine choice.

Well, they can still sign the petition, can't they?

Seriously, kids don;t listen to radio much - they have their ipods and computers - its the drive time crowd we are after and I bet that Z 104 has tons of adult (18 - 25) listeners.

i will ask fvor age breakdowns from stations though.

GlocksRfun

imported post

+1 for 94.1 WJJO.in my opinion, that is priority #1. I have no facts to base that on, just that'sreally the only station left that plays what they do. Ican almost get it inWaukesha. When I jump on one foot wile holding ant. it comes in. I'm sure it's like that for a lot of people, trying toget that station in. I think that will cover a good chunk of outer Madison areas also. More bang for the buck.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mike wrote:
OK folks, Madison is the next target - am looking at Z 104 and Q 106 as the two stop stations that might get us coverage of most demographics- any thoughts?

We need to raise about another thousand or so dollars, then we can launch!

Give today by credit card on our updated contribution tracking system at http://www.opencarry.org/carryland.html.

Mike,

101.5 ( http://www.wibafm.com/main.html ) may be agood choice. Theyplay classic rock. Many people in the surrounding area listen to it. I think a good portion of the people listening to it may be more "on the fence" about the issue. Alot of peopletune in during the AM hours between 6-10 because of the nationaly syndicatedBob and Tom show.

Z 104 is the newer music (if you can stillcall it that:quirky)listened to by the more left-minded idividuals, Q106 is a country station. Both are good choices but probably have less people who haven't made up their minds.

ETA: whoops, didn't see the last page of posts....:banghead:

smooth

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Your kidding right??

We go from organizing an Open Carry Picnic in Madison to a phuqing radio commercial???:cuss:

Nice work guys.

I'll keep my money for another box of ammo.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Phuging radio commercial?

You just don't get it do you Smooth?

I have a great idea! If all you are going to post here is negative attitude, then take it some where else!

These radio ads are getting the attention of the general public, which is directing them to this site where they can get answers to questions that the average police department will not give.

I have yet to see a positive post from you. Are you here to sabotage the site and chase people away? How about instead of criticizing you start contributing.

When and where is your event planned anyway?

The efforts that Mike has put into this whole movement is phenomenal and if I myself haven't said it enough.....THANKS MIKE, for all you are doing, thank you brother!

smooth

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Your radio ads are getting the channel changed.

Spend the money on organizing a big event and get some real media attention. Do you have any idea on how many people don't even listen to terrestrial radio anymore? More and more people have satellite radio.

Radio is a dying media and a waste of advertising money.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OK, here is the plan so far - multiple 10 sec radio ads each day for a week on 3 Madison stations going out over 4 frequencies reaching all the way to the greater milwaukee Metro area: WJJO, WTDY, & WWQM.

Sound good?

Am trying to lock in a nother $500 matching donor - so step forward if you can so we can raise the extra $1,200 or so we need to run these say in about 2 weeks.

Give now at http://www.opencarry.org/carryland.html