• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Request to members here

mobiushky

Necro-bump I know. Sorry. Just thought I'd give all the guys who were so great and helped out my wife an update. She doesn't know it yet, but I just bought her a Glock 26. She's been "hinting" that she wants her own and she wants the 26. Our anniversary is the 23rd, so it's a good anniversary present for her. Just not sure I'll be able to wait that long to give it to her... Probably won't make it through the weekend.

Went from 0 guns to 3 in 2 months.... Now what to get next... LOL!

PS, for those who are facebook friends, she reads my FB page. In fact, she posts as me a lot. So don't mention anything on FB about it. Just a heads up.

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

Necro-bump I know. Sorry. Just thought I'd give all the guys who were so great and helped out my wife an update. She doesn't know it yet, but I just bought her a Glock 26. She's been "hinting" that she wants her own and she wants the 26. Our anniversary is the 23rd, so it's a good anniversary present for her. Just not sure I'll be able to wait that long to give it to her... Probably won't make it through the weekend.

Went from 0 guns to 3 in 2 months.... Now what to get next... LOL!

PS, for those who are facebook friends, she reads my FB page. In fact, she posts as me a lot. So don't mention anything on FB about it. Just a heads up.

Awesome!

--Rob

Torquemaster69

Nevermind....I'm an idiot. No wonder I was confused about dates. I was looking at the 24th and you guys said Sunday and I was like "what the hell, this doesn't make any sense." I didn't realize this was last month's thread. Like my second thread, I blame early morning typing...haha:idea:

mobiushky

Nevermind....I'm an idiot. No wonder I was confused about dates. I was looking at the 24th and you guys said Sunday and I was like "what the hell, this doesn't make any sense." I didn't realize this was last month's thread. Like my second thread, I blame early morning typing...haha:idea:

In your defense, this was a dead thread that I resurrected just to give it "closure" if you will. We did have a great time and Rob mentioned he might invite people out again when the weather cools a little. I was mostly just trying to get my wife the chance to try anything and everything. And she loved it.

Hamans-gallows

Well I got my wife the bug. She's more interested in shooting than ever. She's even mentioned shooting an "arsenal." She's going to be getting her own personal concealed carry handgun in the next year. But, she's a hands on person. She's to try before you buy type. On top of that, she now wants to get a shotgun and even a rifle later. I'm not a big rifle guy, even though I pretty much like all guns. So, here's my point. I'd like to give her the chance to shoot as much variety over the next year to see what she prefers. For a personal carry it will be a polymer framed 9mm. She's already decided that part, but she's only shot Glock and she'd like to try others.

If any one is willing, we'd love to meet at a range or something and swap rides if you will. I don't have much just a Glock 19, but you're more than welcome to shoot it. Just want to be able to show her as much as possible over the next year. Any takers?

Where would you like to go?

I could bring some interesting old military relics.

Try a couple of them out, and you might just become a rifle guy.

GTShooter

I have a Ruger SR9c I can bring along if you're interested in trying it out.

Last edited:

mobiushky

Where would you like to go?

I could bring some interesting old military relics.

Try a couple of them out, and you might just become a rifle guy.

I have a Ruger SR9c I can bring along if you're interested in trying it out.

Thanks guys! I'm still amazed at the willingness of the community to help out.

Couple things first off. We already did the "range day" for my wife. She got to shoot a lot of different guns thanks to the guys here. At the end of the day she decided that she just liked the G26 best. So I bought her one this week (picking it up tomorrow) to give her as a present. So from that standpoint, the decisions been made.

As for still wanting to shoot? Heck yeah! LOL! I am a fan of guns. I'm open to trying anything and everything. If we set up another range day, I'll be there. My wife may not come again only because she's made her decision. She's the kind of person who only wants the one thing and doesn't really care about trying anything else now. LOL.

Since we went out, I've added the G26 obviously and I also have a Ruger SR22P. Going out to shoot the SR22P this weekend with the kids. Can't wait.

GTShooter

let me know what you think about the SR22, I was thinking of adding that to my collection next.

mobiushky

let me know what you think about the SR22, I was thinking of adding that to my collection next.

Sure! Had it for nearly a week now and I'm DYING to shoot. Trying to make up some excuse to have to go to a range early, but I need to stick home with my wife. So I'll just have to be patient.

I actually decided that instead of getting a Ruger 10/22 for my son to learn with, I'm probably going to go with something more like a Savage Arms 93. I just really like the idea of a bolt action .22 rather than semi-auto. Probably nostalgia. I grew up with a bolt action .22. Just trying to decide if I want to really tick off my wife and get 2 guns in one week...

O2HeN2

I'm probably going to go with something more like a Savage Arms 93. I just really like the idea of a bolt action .22 rather than semi-auto.
Actually I beleive that a bolt teaches a kid to aim rather than spray and pray, so going bolt is a good way to go.

I just ordered a CZ 452 Thumbhole Varmint to add a bolt .22 to my collection. I'll be chopping off a bit more than 4" eventualy and threading it for a silencer (22sparrow).

O2

Last edited:

mobiushky

Actually I beleive that a bolt teaches a kid to aim rather than spray and pray, so going bolt is a good way to go.

I just ordered a CZ 452 Thumbhole Varmint to add a bolt .22 to my collection. I'll be chopping off a bit more than 4" eventualy and threading it for a silencer (22sparrow).

O2

Well that and it teaches them mechanics of shooting more also. There are several steps you have to go through before you can shoot again. Each one teaches purpose of movement and steadiness. I love bolt action rifles personally. It's kind of like how people associate the sound of a 12Ga pump action with danger. I love the sound a bolt action makes. Ok, I'm convinced. It's gonna be a bolt. Just gotta wait a little while. Probably next summer or something.

Wolfstanus

M&P is a really nice pistol. Think of it as the American glock. 4 tiny rail novak 3 dot sights 3 differnt back straps all that good jazz. I have an right handed m&p blackhawk leather holster that's for the 4.25 .40/45 that I will never use. If she likes the fit of the 1911 m&p has just about the same ergos. At least to me.

mobiushky

M&P is a really nice pistol. Think of it as the American glock. 4 tiny rail novak 3 dot sights 3 differnt back straps all that good jazz. I have an right handed m&p blackhawk leather holster that's for the 4.25 .40/45 that I will never use. If she likes the fit of the 1911 m&p has just about the same ergos. At least to me.

She shot an M&P 9c. It was OK, but she didn't like it. We're not 1911 people. Nothing against them we just don't see the point. I have noticed that I prefer the grip angle of the Glock. I can shoot 1911's but when it comes to instant point and shoot, I always aim them at the floor. Glock is just a more natural aim for me and her. Just a personal preference thing. She used a G26 for her CHP class and just wanted to see if there was anything better.

She's not gonna OC. Only CC for her. Again, just her preference.