• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry, bringing people and communities together

gsusnake

imported post

If OC is illegal in GA then I should be in jail many, many times over.

I've OC'ed all over the state and only had one negative experience (which is posted here, somewhere)

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BlackOp wrote:
. At the very least, there is no exception in the law that permits open carry without a license. And with will likely still get you arrested.

Well, what about this?

§ 16-11-130.Exemptions from Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128 (a)Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128 shall not apply to or affect any of the following persons if such persons are employed in the offices listed below or when authorized by federal or state law, regulations, or order:

(3)Persons in the military service of the state or of the United States

Therefore, anyone in the military can open carry without a license. The statute has no qualification stating they must be "in performance of their duty" or anything like that.