• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olmos, TX police injure and arrest open carrier - President of Open Carry Texas

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
is that the only thing this police department is guilty of, violating state law allowing open carry? hard to get the gen pop to rally around just this issue. surely there's more violations of this police squad that they can highlight? maybe i missed it. please educate me.
My understand is that the police are harassing and charging many non-residents with resisting arrest, inducing panic, example, for video taping the cops.

gutshot II

So much for your off handed dig, but because of my schedule I could not go, however BB62 did go. And, you well know that BB62 and I do a lot of projects pushing gun rights. I just don't understand why you continue to post on OCDO when you have such a low opinion of this forum. But, it is what it is....

You must consider BB62 a naysayer or a pontificator to assume my post was directed at him.

solus

is that the only thing this police department is guilty of, violating state law allowing open carry? hard to get the gen pop to rally around just this issue. surely there's more violations of this police squad that they can highlight? maybe i missed it. please educate me.

noper...OC'g

solus

shocking: hundreds of citizens carrying firearms and there wasn't a shootout.

there wasn't was there, tho the filming did show where folk were laid on the ground at gun point for breaking the city's ordinance which was on their books when OCT's activism transpired!

solus

So much for your off handed dig, but because of my schedule I could not go, however BB62 did go. And, you well know that BB62 and I do a lot of projects pushing gun rights. I just don't understand why you continue to post on OCDO when you have such a low opinion of this forum. But, it is what it is....

Alas oh pontificating Gutshot, I am truly afraid the urgently requested, 4 day advance notice by the skin doctor who cleared a space out of his schedule for me at 0830L this past Friday to incise a 1 in x 2 in chunk of my bald spot to assure they got all the cancer out after the preliminary .5 x.5 biopsy cut the previous week kinda took precedence at least in my humble opinion.

Further, as a point of reference, my current schedule is full with a minimum of twice weekly commitments and other events until mid December 2018, but did, as stated out on this very thread but before the kind Dermatologist got all excited over the biopsy results, seriously consider driving straight through to Olsom to watch the festivities (w/o LG of course) and visit friends living in the SA area.

As for your allegation this member is all talk and no participation, I have left the great state of NC numerous times over the last 5 years and traversed to the Evergreen state (multiple of times), Buckeye state (multiple of times), Old Dominion state (multiple of times), and the Silver State to participate in OC'g as well as other firearm events, e.g., meet and greets several specific forum members, I-594 rallies, OC walks around campuses, GLBT walks, major firearm exhibits, and such.

Further, based on a conversation many years ago with the august member named Mac out of NV, to the extent possible based on scheduling constraints, I have taken to driving whenever I travel for firearm or personal reasons, one year it was 4 round trips from coast to coast across this great country OC'g, last year sorry there was only two trips, and part of the schedule this year is a minimum of 2 cross country trips. Oh sorry whenever possible, sorry I am traveling on semi-short notice firearm event which necessitates flying for the weekend even on the west coast! ALL, let me reiterate, ALL trips are with me OC'g to the extent states permit, e.g., IL for one, where as previously stated, the firearms being carried, are unloaded and secured under lock and key!

So please Gutshot, a query has been placed to you, if you have such a low tolerance of me, in particular, and others just cuz, why not acknowledge you lack the background of the things others do behind the scenes and those who are doing these activities who actually have control of their egos which preclude them from bragging about their adventure(s) yet continue to plug away a little bit at a time.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

TXOC16

How many of the nay sayers from OCDO were there? How many of the people that have been telling you that you were doing it all wrong joined the march to help out OCT? Congratulations on the perfectly executed confrontation, demonstration and lawsuit. All of them are winners. That inculdes events and members. Too bad you got so little support from this forum, but obviously, you didn't need it. The track record of OCT speaks for itself. If we had more action, like OCT, and less pontification, like we get at OCDO, gun rights would have no trouble advancing.

I realize your initial question was one of a rhetorical nature, but for the the uninitiated, there were, of course, exactly the same number of OCDO nay-sayers at this event as there are, typically, at any of these types of events---none, zero, nada. That's not to say there weren't any OCDO readers/followers/contributors or honest-to-goodness Constitution-loving members present, as I fall into one or more of those categories, it's just that the ill-informed, negative, all-or-nothing crowd typically fight only with their keyboards, rather than with their time, treasure, and whatever very-limited talent they may possess.

And make no mistake about it, CJ Grisham, and to a lessor degree, David Amad, are and were the stars of this quickly organized and highly successful event. CJ for continuing to put himself at the forefront of this ever-ongoing Second Amendment battle within the state of Texas, and David for very quickly taking the reigns and getting this action organized over a scant few days. As to effect and accomplishment, one need look only to the number of similarly sized municipalities that, within a mere day or two after the initial incident, quickly rescinded a similarly or identically worded ordinance that was in direct conflict with the Texas Constitutional, done so, no doubt, for fear of suffering the same wrath exhibited by the good and law-abiding people of Texas.

It's at times like these that I am so very proud of this state of mine, and so very glad that those who choose to not live here, don't.

Last edited:

gutshot II

I realize your initial question was one of a rhetorical nature, but for the the uninitiated, there were, of course, exactly the same number of OCDO nay-sayers at this event as there are, typically, at any of these types of events---none, zero, nada. That's not to say there weren't any OCDO readers/followers/contributors or honest-to-goodness Constitution-loving members present, as I fall into one or more of those categories, it's just that the ill-informed, negative, all-or-nothing crowd typically fight only with their keyboards, rather than with their time, treasure, and whatever very-limited talent they may possess.

And make no mistake about it, CJ Grisham, and to a lessor degree, David Amad, are and were the stars of this quickly organized and highly successful event. CJ for continuing to put himself at the forefront of this ever-ongoing Second Amendment battle within the state of Texas, and David for very quickly taking the reigns and getting this action organized over a scant few days. As to effect and accomplishment, one need look only to the number of similarly sized municipalities that, within a mere day or two after the initial incident, quickly rescinded a similarly or identically worded ordinance that was in direct conflict with the Texas Constitutional, done so, no doubt, for fear of suffering the same wrath exhibited by the good and law-abiding people of Texas.

It's at times like these that I am so very proud of this state of mine, and so very glad that those who choose to not live here, don't.

Yes, indeed. When the light is shined on one cockroach, they all scurry for cover. You should be proud. I congratulate you all on a truly fine job. I can only dream of such an event being organized and executed with such speed and professionalism here in KY. We could not do it with the gun owners we have here. They have all grown so complacent with good gun laws they think that they will always be that way and very few would bother to fight for rights of those that live in other towns or counties. If it was in their home county they would still want somebody else to do it, because they couldn't miss a day's work or a basketball game or working on their house or fixing the car. Gun issues are the lowest priority for most of them.

I know you still have other issues to fight for in Texas, but I am confident that you will get them accomplished soon. Good luck to you all.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Those paid by the hour do not get paid if they do not work. Many folks work more that a 40 hour work week. Seasoned citizens are likely to have more free time.

Home repairs, or vehicle repairs, are very important to many folks.

Many folks do not work for more once they reach their individual comfort level.

solus

Those paid by the hour do not get paid if they do not work. Many folks work more that a 40 hour work week. Seasoned citizens are likely to have more free time.

Life in the naked city goes on doesn’t it!

defcon4

Yes, indeed. When the light is shined on one cockroach, they all scurry for cover. You should be proud. I congratulate you all on a truly fine job. I can only dream of such an event being organized and executed with such speed and professionalism here in KY. We could not do it with the gun owners we have here. They have all grown so complacent with good gun laws they think that they will always be that way and very few would bother to fight for rights of those that live in other towns or counties. If it was in their home county they would still want somebody else to do it, because they couldn't miss a day's work or a basketball game or working on their house or fixing the car. Gun issues are the lowest priority for most of them.

I know you still have other issues to fight for in Texas, but I am confident that you will get them accomplished soon. Good luck to you all.

Most here don't know me. I rarely post unless I feel I have something of value that I can add to the discussion. I visit this site primarily to learn and to keep abreast of current issues regarding Open Carry. I have been following this post and have become alarmed at some of the responses made towards our valued members in OCT. I have been wanting to respond to some of those posts, however I was having some trouble forming a cohesive and thoughtful response to all of the negativity I was seeing. I would like to thank gutshot II for his most concise and eloquent post regarding this matter. He very clearly stated exactly what I was thinking.

gutshot II

Those paid by the hour do not get paid if they do not work. Many folks work more that a 40 hour work week. Seasoned citizens are likely to have more free timfige.

All very true. It is just a matter of priorities. Yes, "very important" indeed, but what is most important to each person? What is "more" important? Is it earning one more day's pay, putting a clutch in the family car or is it ensuring liberty for their children and their children's children? Every individual has to make their own decisions. Is defeating tyranny such a low priority issue? If so, it will flourish and spead, but it won't spead from Olmos Park, Texas. What working person can't take a couple of "vacation" days or "sick" days to fight an oppressive government. It is a good thing the American patriots didn't think this way or we'd still be British. Do you think Samuel Adams or Paul Revere were worried about a days pay or getting their horse shoes?

The people on this board are supposed to be the most dedicated open carry advocates in the country. If we are unwilling to fight tyranny, who will. Most of us talk a good game and are willing to OC into a Walmart but when a city starts arresting people, charging them falsely and putting hands on them support for their actions disappears. These people stood up to the oppression and won. I can't understand why it is so difficult for some of us to give them any credit for it and to even claim that they did it all wrong. Being unable to travel halfway across the country to help is understandable for some, but why bad mouth them and, in order to explain the fact that we didn't help, claim they were unworthy of our support and help. SMH

TXOC16

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it. - Thomas Paine, The American Crisis: Philadelphia, Sept. 12, 1777

solus

All very true. It is just a matter of priorities. Yes, "very important" indeed, but what is most important to each person? What is "more" important? Is it earning one more day's pay, putting a clutch in the family car or is it ensuring liberty for their children and their children's children? Every individual has to make their own decisions. Is defeating tyranny such a low priority issue? If so, it will flourish and spead, but it won't spead from Olmos Park, Texas. What working person can't take a couple of "vacation" days or "sick" days to fight an oppressive government. It is a good thing the American patriots didn't think this way or we'd still be British. Do you think Samuel Adams or Paul Revere were worried about a days pay or getting their horse shoes?

The people on this board are supposed to be the most dedicated open carry advocates in the country. If we are unwilling to fight tyranny, who will. Most of us talk a good game and are willing to OC into a Walmart but when a city starts arresting people, charging them falsely and putting hands on them support for their actions disappears. These people stood up to the oppression and won. I can't understand why it is so difficult for some of us to give them any credit for it and to even claim that they did it all wrong. Being unable to travel halfway across the country to help is understandable for some, but why bad mouth them and, in order to explain the fact that we didn't help, claim they were unworthy of our support and help. SMH

Sorry your lambasting & emotionalized shaming doesn't change a thing, each citizen makes their own choices based on their own circumstances dependent on the citizen's work, familial, and community commitments and restrains.

...and the reason you didn't attend oh Omnipotent pontificating one?

Let's see, yes, it is a matter of priorities isn't it, not sure the olden culture of stopping by a farm house during your famous ride and asking for a parcel of food or bit of water would work today as if you tried that you could get arrested for panhandling, eh? We shouldn't forget the horse shall we, feed and a bit of rest for the good steed wouldn't work at the gas stations or along the road traveled now would it?

Oh life was a bit different in the founding father/framer's day Gutshot wasn't it. Adam, as ambassador, twice VP, and President or Revere, renowned engraver silversmith, surely neither didn't worry about a money now did they nor a day or a week off to roam their local area for political events!

Further, falsely accused? Lest you forget, the municipality had an ordnance on the books forbidding the behaviour the activists exhibited when their shock and awe event transpired, therefore they broke the law! The rally occurred after said law was removed wasn't it!

Bad mouth, sorry the antics of inciting LEs to draw their weapons in public is not what this citizen deems an appropriate modality to make a statement while breaking the law as it just seems dangerous.

Finally, OCDO has stood for the free and open exchange of ideas, thoughts, and expression of member's opinions! As such, ya gotta take the good expressions with the bad and your latest lambasting and chiding expression towards members was bad.

solus

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it. - Thomas Paine, The American Crisis: Philadelphia, Sept. 12, 1777

We are thanks!

Tho don't you believe the opening sentence war cry from Paine's missive after the American's LOSS at Howe's hands a bit overboard? Especially since Gen Washington was almost killed the day before during the skirmish?

Last edited:

OC for ME

All very true. It is just a matter of priorities. ...
Easy to say when you are not living pay check to pay check, working to do the best you can for yourself and your family.

If they vote for individual liberty I'll take that and keep on moving forward. If their vote is not enough for some...

I will not replace the hard-tyranny of the state with the soft-tyranny of the "you aint done enough" crowd.

When folks are less concerned about their immediate essential needs, they will (hopefully) support these worthy endeavors with their time as well as their vote.

gutshot II

Easy to say when you are not living pay check to pay check, working to do the best you can for yourself and your family.

If they vote for individual liberty I'll take that and keep on moving forward. If their vote is not enough for some...

I will not replace the hard-tyranny of the state with the soft-tyranny of the "you aint done enough" crowd.

When folks are less concerned about their immediate essential needs, they will (hopefully) support these worthy endeavors with their time as well as their vote.

It is unfortuneate that the city officials in Olmos Park, Tx would not with hold their tyranny until we were all well fixed financially. How inconsiderate of them. Oppression seldom comes at a convenient time and if we could chose the time of it raising its ugly head, I'd suggest that we chose "never", but that is not to be.

Since you obviously have problems understanding what I write, I'll try to be more explicit for you. What I said is that some of the people here did not give OCT any help AND then protested that OCT was doing things the wrong way and generally bad mouthing them. This requires TWO things to happen.

#1. Not going to Olmos Park, Tx to assist OCT.

AND

#2. Bad mouthing OCT and their efforts in Olmos Park, Texas and in the past.

In order to be part of this select group, you must have done both. It is not an "either/or" proposition and just doing one of the above will not get you in the game. Hell, I didn't go. Do you think I am criticizing myself?! But you see, that doesn't include me, because I don't criticize OCT. Now do you see how it works? If you fear tryanny by me, you must live a life of nothing but terror, to go along with your meager hand-to-mouth life. If things are so tough for you, how do you afford a computer and internet connection? Can you afford a gun? How about ammo? I can send to a fiver, if you really need it.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
It is unfortuneate that the city officials in Olmos Park, Tx would not with hold their tyranny until we were all well fixed financially. How inconsiderate of them. Oppression seldom comes at a convenient time and if we could chose the time of it raising its ugly head, I'd suggest that we chose "never", but that is not to be.

Since you obviously have problems understanding what I write, I'll try to be more explicit for you. What I said is that some of the people here did not give OCT any help AND then protested that OCT was doing things the wrong way and generally bad mouthing them. This requires TWO things to happen.

#1. Not going to Olmos Park, Tx to assist OCT.

AND

#2. Bad mouthing OCT and their efforts in Olmos Park, Texas and in the past.

In order to be part of this select group, you must have done both. It is not an "either/or" proposition and just doing one of the above will not get you in the game. Hell, I didn't go. Do you think I am criticizing myself?! But you see, that doesn't include me, because I don't criticize OCT. Now do you see how it works? If you fear tryanny by me, you must live a life of nothing but terror, to go along with your meager hand-to-mouth life. If things are so tough for you, how do you afford a computer and internet connection? Can you afford a gun? How about ammo? I can send to a fiver, if you really need it.
Your duplicitous rhetoric is obviously being used to deliberately deceive and promote half-truths. I don’t know what has gotten in to you, but your reincarnation as gutshot II morphed into you being the pot calling the kettle black. Damning those for not parroting your views seems to be your modus operandi. No one is twisting your arm, demanding your participation on OCDO. You do have an ignore button. Using it should reduce your anxiety attacks, feeling excessive, having unrealistic worry and tension for no apparent reason. I hope Kentucky does not have one of those Red-Flag Gun Laws.

Your backhanded compliment implying someone’s position in life, looking down on them is the ultimate insult. Implying someone not being in a position of wealth should not be in the fight is downright egotistical. An elitist in our midst.

HP995

Easy to say when you are not living pay check to pay check

Yep, it's tough. The powers that be do keep us honest working bodies busy staying afloat, while the idle tools are free to march and clamor for socialist change. Frustrating.

It is just a matter of priorities. ... If we are unwilling to fight tyranny, who will

Yep, it takes sacrifice too. Freedom is anything but free. So many have died for the freedom we have. Gave everything they had. People get hung up on our system being very imperfect, but it can get a whole lot worse if we don't stand up now.

(Scrappin', squabblin')

Y'all both please remember we are in a huge new struggle to remain free. The other side is pretty darn well funded, manned, and represented. Wasting energy and destroying unity going after our fellow 2A/OC folks right now, instead of being able to discern the common cause and common threat, might well lead to our defeat.

TXOC16

So I took a moment to quickly scan the "we-are-pro-carry-if-you-do-it-our-way-and-give-us-money" site, run by the ever-increasingly addle-minded Chuckie "Textile" Cotton, only to discover that there appears to be a virtual blackout of discussion, news, reports, or even mention with regard to the very successful Olmos incidents and activities.

Of course, given that little Chuckie reigns pretty much supreme within the TSRA, I am disgusted, but not at all surprised.

Last edited: