• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC difficulties during winter

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Last winter, I rarely wore any jacket unless I was riding. This is my first summer though, so my blood may have thinned enough that I'll need to wear a jacket this year. I know that I saw a lot of people wearing light jackets last year, and even a few wearing heavy jackets, but I never really saw the need.

This is in the Valley, of course. Elsewhere will be a different story.

1FASTC4

imported post

vmaxanarchist wrote:
Check out the Serpa level 2 duty holster. It's a low ride belt holster with a jacket slot. It was designed for LEO's to OC with a jacket.

Ironcially, I just ordered a Serpa level 2 for my XD... what's a jacket slot?

Michigander

imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
Another option for wintertime open carry outside your coat is a Sam Browne rig like this one:

sam%20brown.jpg

Order this setup for only $82.95 at: http://www.stationhouse.com/outfitters/jaypee/sam_brown_belts_copy.htm
That's Jim Carrey. :lol:

http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/movie/me_myself/asHank2.jpg

vmaxanarchist

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1FASTC4 wrote:
vmaxanarchist wrote:
Check out the Serpa level 2 duty holster. It's a low ride belt holster with a jacket slot. It was designed for LEO's to OC with a jacket.

Ironcially, I just ordered a Serpa level 2 for my XD... what's a jacket slot?

The Serpa level 2 Duty not the CQC rides lower and it is angled out away from the belt. This makes a slot than allows you to have the hem of your jacket at the normal height belowyour belt line tucked in to the slot behind the grip of the gun.

The level 2 Duty is meant to be attached semipermanently to a duty belt. It's not like the CQC which comes with a quick attach belt loops or a paddle. So, to practically use it you need to havea duty style gun belt that you put on over your regular pants belt, or keep the pants, belt, and holster assembled like I do with my leather riding pants when I want to OC while ridding. Unless you are willing to unscrew it every time you want to take your belt and holster off your pants.

1FASTC4

imported post

Ahh I see. Thanks for the explanation. I own a couple of jackets but rarelyr wear them. I wear a long sleeved shirt now and then... even a sweat shirt. I'm from MN, it really doesn't get that cold here.

Alec411

imported post

Now a Sam Browne DOES look like a Stormtrooper! Again, if it is your choice, fine. I would just never wear one!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

1FASTC4 wrote:
I'm from MN, it really doesn't get that cold here.
By here you mean Arizona, right? For a minute I thought you were saying that it doesn't get that cold in MN :shock:.