• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ObamaCare Could be Used to Ban Guns in Home Self-Defense

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Donkey wrote:
I agree that President Obama and the democrats wouldn't dare enact a gun ban now --either overtly or surreptitiously -- but believe the reasons are political, not because of fear of armed resistance.

I am wondering what you perceive has changed since 1968, or for that matter, from the time of the Assault Weapons Ban, that makes some kind of mass revolution more likely now than it was then?

It's not just the threat of infringment of 2A, Donkey. 1A is under attack as well. The Obama Admin and liberal Dems have been wanting to shut down conservative talk radio for some time, and now has targeted Fox News to demonize. They can't stand opposing views being proadcast to the public. They are no different in their spiteful intolerance against dissent than Hitler, Stalin, Mao, or any other despot.

This health care reform bill they are trying to cram down our throats is another item that causes alarm. Forcing the public to participate in something that most don't want any part of is unconstitutional. It will not improve health care in this country, nor make it anymore affordable. It's not about that at all, it's about controlling the masses.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Thundar: You left out the "mmm mmm MMMMM!" (You know, the little chant they use to brainwash kiddies with: "Barack Hussein Obama!.....mmm, mmm, MMMM!!)

CCCCreigh DDDDDeeds is all but ddddead, the stammering hammerhead, he's going to get clobbered in the polls here. Ken Cuccinelli's opponent whatzizname is putting out ads decrying the "loophole that allows felons to buy guns" (never mind that there is no such thing) because he is desperate to rally the looney base but doesn't dare say "Gun Show Loophole".

And October Surprise Supreme in New Jersey! A close associate of Corzine was just convicted on felony corruption charges. Corzine is joined at the hip with this guy. So New Jersey is lookig much better but remember, it is still New Jersey. Daggett might still screw it up.

Then there's next November, which holds our best promise of re-taking the country via re-taking both houses of Congress.

The DemonRatz are a dangerous bunch. But the good thing is, they seem to make their own gravy. Heh heh heh.........

sudden valley gunner

imported post

It's not just Obama though, the government under Bush grew the government and enacted unconstitutional acts like the patriot act and Homeland Security (the sound of that always rubbed me wrong too),wich the Dems protested against, have you seen them make any moves to get rid of these now they are in power? Nope, they now want to use themfor their agenda.

The unresthas been growing, the government has been overreaching for a long time, it has just started to snowball, and the current administration instead of slowly taking our freedoms and rights away like McCain would have continued to do are taking the baton and running with it.

They aren't going to outrightenact gun control right now, but they are setting up numerous ways to back door it.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Granted the Homeland Security Department does sound uncomfortably like "Reich Security Main Office" (And the organizational flow charts of the HSD and the RSHA look disturbingly similar) but I would not call the USA PATRIOT Act unconstitutional on its face. It is however remarkably prone to abuses. But National Security is a Federal responsibility mandated by the Constitution.

Interfering with people's individual choices in health care, however, is NOT a legit function of the Federal Government, and just ask Nancy Pelosi about that when she is raving about the "pickled fetus crowd". No, when a woman wants to kill her unborn baby for WHATEVER reason, that is a "personal medical decision" and the Government should just eff the hell off. But If I don't want to purchase health insurance, why then it's "tut, tut, child. Nancy knows best so do as you're told".

This Obamacare crapola is just like "sensible gun control" in one - of many - ways. Both are policies promoted as being for the public health and safety and neither is aout anything remotely like them. Both of these policies are about CONTROLLING THE INDIVIDUAL CITIZEN. Well, i say it is fascism, and I say to HELL with it!

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS.