• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

casullshooter

imported post

Sorry to hear that you had to go through that . I am teaching my daughters about guns and self-defence , they will each get a hand gun for their 21st B-Day . If you need help @ the gun show that you are co-ordinating , I am willing to help . I just worked my first show at Fredricksburg and am now slightly skilled at the process .

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Sorry to hear that you had to go through that . I am teaching my daughters about guns and self-defence , they will each get a hand gun for their 21st B-Day . If you need help @ the gun show that you are co-ordinating , I am willing to help . I just worked my first show at Fredricksburg and am now slightly skilled at the process .

Thank you. It was many many years ago, but I still remember it!

My husband met you at the gun show last weekend - he was looking for shirt in 2XL, but bought hats for him and our son instead. I was in a motorcycle rider's course, so couldn't make it. But now that I have my license, I can make it to the show early, and have an excuse to ride my bike!!!!!!

drifter44

imported post

I am a newbi from Arizona,out on Rt 66, 63 miles East of Kingman. I carry open and concealed . If I am going into the city I usually carry concealed but around her in the rural area I carry open.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Sorry to hear that you had to go through that . I am teaching my daughters about guns and self-defence , they will each get a hand gun for their 21st B-Day.

Why wait until they are 21? Can't they legally own it at 18if you give it as a gift?

LoveMyCountry

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Must be 21 in VA to own/carry a handgun , 18 for rifles/shotgun .
§ 18.2-308.7. Possession or transportation of certain firearms by persons under the age of 18; penalty.

Snip

It shall be unlawful for any person under 18 years of age to knowingly and intentionally possess or transport a handgun or assault firearm anywhere in the Commonwealth. For the purposes of this section, "handgun" means any pistol or revolver or other firearm originally designed, made and intended to fire single or multiple projectiles by means of an explosion of a combustible material from one or more barrels when held in one hand...(it goes on to define "assault firearm" and then list exceptions and so forth)

According the Va State Police website, you must be 21 to purchase a handgun according to federal law. http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms.shtm

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

Looks like someone better start saving their pennies. :lol:

Wait a minute, my oldest turns 17 next week. I think I'll be joining you. :D

LoveMyCountry