• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Announces Ban On Open Carry Weapons At Polling Locations

hammer6

“I am committed to ensuring all eligible Michigan citizens can freely exercise their fundamental right to vote without fear of threats, intimidation or harassment,” Benson said in a statement. “Prohibiting the open-carry of firearms in areas where citizens cast their ballots is necessary to ensure every voter is protected.”

prohibiting one right so others can exercise a different right.

protias

Not sure how this is even remotely enforceable since it wasn't passed by the house and signed into law by the governor.

solus

Not sure how this is even remotely enforceable since it wasn't passed by the house and signed into law by the governor.
oh, you mean like the mandates regarding "mandatory" wearing of face masks ?

tis part of the "new normal" ~ overall abrogation of our rights by this country's federal/state/community elected overseers accomplished strictly by EO(s).

[so the member from FL is worried about the kind citizens of MI, bolstered with commentary from members from WI & NC?]