• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mason County Courthouse

jt59

This may be old news, but I was down in this end of the world for work and the Commissioners Offices had a "no handgun" sign on the door going in. I ended up at another building, but went back later for a chat and found that the facility was under the auspices of "Mason County Parks and Grounds". So, I'll follow up on that part...

I then went over to the courthouse and talked to the local sheriff at the body scanner and asked him what the procedure was for checking a firearm. He was very polite and friendly and said that you could leave it in your vehicle, but if you were not comfortable with that to come and see them for a token to be used in the lockers in a little hallway, just outside the search area......you put your firearm/ammo (you don't have to unload anything) in the box, pull the key and put it in your pocket and use the token to retrieve it, re-arm yourself in the alcove and be on your way....

Good on them...

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

This may be old news, but I was down in this end of the world for work and the Commissioners Offices had a "no handgun" sign on the door going in. I ended up at another building, but went back later for a chat and found that the facility was under the auspices of "Mason County Parks and Grounds". So, I'll follow up on that part...

I then went over to the courthouse and talked to the local sheriff at the body scanner and asked him what the procedure was for checking a firearm. He was very polite and friendly and said that you could leave it in your vehicle, but if you were not comfortable with that to come and see them for a token to be used in the lockers in a little hallway, just outside the search area......you put your firearm/ammo (you don't have to unload anything) in the box, pull the key and put it in your pocket and use the token to retrieve it, re-arm yourself in the alcove and be on your way....

Good on them...

That's a good way of doing it. Could be something to mention to our county council.