• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man shoots self in leg at Gibraltar Trade Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by BoiledFrogs
Im not misinformed. Laws (and in this case, ) policies that require or force law abiding citizens to handle their weapons which would otherwise be holstered, will inevitably lead to such happenings.

Your original post was indeed erroneous; your clarifying it in a later post makes it no less so.

Someone else got banned for posting erroneous information; please be more careful when posting- when you assert something to be true, it requires a cite. Failure to do so is a violation of forum rules.

Your post was a violation of rules 5, 8, 15, and has been deleted.

You! are not really a MODERATOR!!!
You really just act like a Thought Police!!
Twice in just this thread you have both, deleted a Boiledfrog post,,
At the same time Quoting, what you say are the terribe things he has written...

Ive been reading "the ammo dump" in the MOC forum,,, YOU have Moderated it out of existance!!! I know, now his is not the case!!

Boiled may be someone else,, But he has not been anymore objectionable than the 99% of other posters,, espessially even, TheQ!!!

BTW,,,,, I must agree with something,,,
The more times anyone is compelled to unload thier gun in the name of safety,
The more likely that something bad might happen.

39 years of carefull and safe gun handling does not make anyone immune from an unfortunate ND...
No one will be assured of a perfect safety record,,, untill they are Dead...

ETA: refinments to post due to info from TheQ..

Last edited:

TheQ

Ive been reading "the ammo dump" in the MOC forum,,, YOU have Moderated it out of existance!!!

Actually, he hasn't modded it out of existence, I have. If you read the rules of said sub-forum, you'd realize that deleting things that haven't been discussed in 10 days is SOP...

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Actually, he hasn't modded it out of existence, I have. If you read the rules of said sub-forum, you'd realize that deleting things that haven't been discussed in 10 days is SOP...

Thank you Q for this info,, haddent realized the timing aspect..
AND,,, I appologize to Shaddowbear for my accusation concerning moderaion of the ammo dump...

OTOH, I still believe that moderation here on OCDO, Leaves something to be desired,
espessially as seen right here in this very thread!

Haman J.T.

Well personally I think anyone that can't safely unload a fire arm, no matter where or for what reason, shouldn't be carrying one to begin with as they become a danger to themselves or others.

This has nothing to do with the way it was carried, it has to do with negligence while handling it. The fact this happened at a gun show because policy is it had to be unloaded makes no difference. It could just as easily happened at home or at the range. It was irresponsible handling of the fire arm that caused this, not the policy (which I agree is stupid).
I'm goin to the show tommorrow,as I've done regularly! I've unloaded & reloaded every time figuring it was just a matter of time(after thousands of unload-reloads) this would happen!Their erronious idea of safety is just that,foolish! I will attend,OC,unload-reload safely,as I always do and Pray this rule will be changed eventually! CARRY ON! SAFELY!
P.S. Has anyone from MOC provided them with a factual notice on gun safety?With a rule change request?

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
You are the last person on this forum that should be hiding behind the rules, considering that you are a moderator who doesn't seem to follow them. TheQ is next in that line, simply because he doesn't hold a moderators position here.

There half a dozen moderators on this forum; go ahead, and report any post where I have broken a rule; one of them will take care of it, if its legitimate. Until then, when someone breaks the rules, their post gets deleted.

I've suggested this before, but no one has reported anything. Its relatively easy, click on my forum name, look up all my posts, and report away.

In case you've forgotten, its the little triangle with the exclamation point in it.

Should be right about here V
V
V
V

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
I'm goin to the show tommorrow,as I've done regularly! I've unloaded & reloaded every time figuring it was just a matter of time(after thousands of unload-reloads) this would happen!Their erronious idea of safety is just that,foolish! I will attend,OC,unload-reload safely,as I always do and Pray this rule will be changed eventually! CARRY ON! SAFELY!
P.S. Has anyone from MOC provided them with a factual notice on gun safety?With a rule change request?

You're actually going to subsidize the people who would deny you your God given right of self defense? Why encourage them?

To quote a sign I saw:

'Nothing inside is worth your life'

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
quote_icon.png
Im not misinformed. Laws (and in this case, ) policies that require or force law abiding citizens to handle their weapons which would otherwise be holstered, will inevitably lead to such happenings.

Ive been reading "the ammo dump" in the MOC forum,,, YOU have Moderated it out of existance!!! I know, now his is not the case!!

Boiled may be someone else,, But he has not been anymore objectionable than the 99% of other posters,, espessially even, TheQ!!!

39 years of carefull and safe gun handling does not make anyone immune from an unfortunate ND...

You give me too much credit, sir.

I left the responses to the post in question so future readers won't get the impression that constitutional carry will over ride property rights. People will come to these forums in the future, and read misleading or erroneous posts, and may not realize the error, and get in a legal bind. When information is proffered as fact, it must be backed up with a cite, or proof of its accuracy.

BF's post, by itself, could cause an innocent reader to assume the post is true, so it had to go. The posts clarifying his error were left for that very reason. An innocent reader would see the corrections posted, and avoid the potential legal entanglements.

Raggs

I think it is silly to go to a gun show that doesn't trust people to legally carry guns. It is even more silly to spend money with these shows. Kinda like "sir, may I please pay you for the privilege of you disarming me and allowing me to enter your gun show?"

You're actually going to subsidize the people who would deny you your God given right of self defense? Why encourage them?

To quote a sign I saw:

'Nothing inside is worth your life'

alphamale

I checked my post and I never said that I was immune from anything. But unlike some in here I never shot a trailer. Negligence is a behavior that some have perfected in their lives, stainless appears to be one who has mastered that art.

Also a tip when posting, before you seal the deal, make sure your words do not have the squiggly red lines under them. Anti's love to point out that we are dumb and can't even use a spell check.

Also all one has to do is, look at all the stainless post and compare them to the boiled frog legs posts and they can clearly see it's the same mind and mentality, or lack thereof.

"39 years of carefull and safe gun handling does not make anyone immune from an unfortunate ND...
No one will be assured of a perfect safety record,,, untill they are Dead..."

quote_icon.png

alphamale

ISP's typically use Dynamic IP schemes, unless you wish to pay for a static IP address. Power cycle resetting most modems will cause the Modem to request a new IP address, and on some cable systems the, head end might require a 30 minute or higher threshold to drop said modem from DHCP server. So a simple unplug of the modem overnight will suffice in most cases.

It seems most people agree who stainless reincarnated as, myself included.... :banghead:

My prediction is once again the reinvented, reincarnated Stainless will cause himself to be banned in the near future, as his behavior only get's worse with time, and age.

Good Day Sir, enjoy the silliness here. :)

IP was different. Maybe he's using an anonomyzer, maybe he reset his router, maybe he posts from a friends house.

As sure as the sun rose today, it's stainless.

One liners
Inappropriate comments
Certain cliches used (guilty until proven innocent)
Late late night posting
Timing and circumstances under which account was originally opened and used.

Forgot: LEO Hating, CC Hating

alphamale

Not silly at all, idiotic is more accurate. To assume others are as irresponsible as you have admitted on many occasions to be, is far beyond silly, it is repugnant.

Negligence is just that, no less. Frankly I took the time to read many and I mean many of your posts, and over the years long before I made the leap in faith to join this forum, I have witnessed your judgment as illustrated by YOU, on this site.

I have driven a commercial since 1975 with zero accidents, zero tickets, and no children on my vehicles. So shall I assume that one day I may lapse and allow children to surf on the hood of my vehicle? I think not.

You are only fooling yourself.

Is it safer to assume that it can happen to you, or that it can not happen to you.

The argument isn't silly, it's just math.

ETA. If stainless said it, it must be wrong, right?

Hevymetal

39 years of 24/7 carry as of this last Summer and not one incident or misfire. Your wild assumptions fail. Yes the more handling of a weapon increases the potential, but your silly claims don't pass the statistics test. Maybe with your gun handling ability it is guaranteed, but the rest of us, may be far more careful than you. So speak for yourself, and leave responsible gun owners out of your fantasy.

Statistically speaking I would tend to agree with BF on this. As careful as you may be, the odds do go up the more you load/unload your firearm. The one and only AD I have experienced in my life was about 20 years ago getting ready to do some target shooting out back. I was loading a round into Grandpa's old 12 guage pump as I slid the pump forward the shell discharged downrange. Later on after taking it to the gunsmith I discovered the firing pin had malfunctioned and remained in the post firing position (sticking out) so when I racked the shell the stuck pin caused the shell to discharge.

Fortunately I was adhering to proper gun safety and had it pointed downrange when the discharge occured. Had I been a "Candidate for the Darwin Awards" things could have turned out very differently.

It CAN happen to anyone, mine was not due to negligence but rather a mechanical failure of the firearm. I suppose I was negligent for not inspecting Grandpa's gun better then I did, but being 21 and not knowing what I know now, I didn't (although I'm still not sure I would catch something like that in a quick inspection).

My point of posting this was to remind people to not become complacent and let your guard down. ALWAYS follow proper gun handling rules.

1. Don't point your firearm at anything you don't intend to shoot including yourself. This extends to while you are loading/unloading as well.

2. Treat EVERY gun as if it is loaded, ALWAYS.

3. Don't let your situational awareness slip, not even for a second.

I'm sorry that this thread turned out to be a launching point for these personal arguments and attacks as it was not my intention..

"Can't we all just get along" - Rodney King

alphamale

You may think you are negligent and will have a ND (negligent discharge) some day, but I tend to stay away from negligence as a rule in my life, that was exactly what I was talking about, and not a parts failure. But you knew this and decided to argue a point you never had anyways. Maybe you and stainless frogs should become roommates.

There is no excuse for negligence Period.

I once bought a brand new car and the cars brakes failed, and due to diligence and not tail gating people I was able to stop is safely. Now had there been an accident it would have been parts failure related and not NEGLIGENCE! But my care and common sense prevented the potential accident because I don't drive 3 feet behind someone at 55 MPH, so I am extra careful with all things in life as I would not want to cause harm because of any lacking on my part, unlike others who don't give a damn about anyone bot themselves. So would I ever have a ND, hell no, because I care enough for others (over myself) that I would not endanger them.

Are you getting it yet?

Perhaps this word "negligence" is too complicated for you?

now you and your BF as you call him should read this legal definition.

"Conduct that falls below the standards of behavior established by law for the protection of others against unreasonable risk of harm. A person has acted negligently if he or she has departed from the conduct expected of a reasonably prudent person acting under similar circumstances."

My conduct never falls under that description because I am a responsible person and responsible gun owner.

Next time before you play the Knight in shining armor and save the Damsel in distress you might realize your BF caused his own distress, by attacking principles others hold dear, and they are called responsibility. Boiled stainless frogs has shown and admitted to a behavior on many occasions that fall far short of responsible. Heavy Metal do you conduct yourself as stainless has admitted to in posts previous to this one? I hope not.

This is not people bashing someone, this is once again the stainless school of attacking people with wrong headed ideals and thought processes, without fact checking or checking his mouth before he speaks, as always. He brings disdain on himself for his hateful speech, and shoot from the hip style of thinking. Not to mention attacking those who CC, Law Enforcement and many others who fail to excuse his irresponsibility. Boiled frogs has been well educated in the stainless 1911 school of poor thinking. This is far from an attack it is factual and everyone knows how he thinks and he makes sure we never forget. So if anything he has belittled himself. Note he never admits when he is dead wrong (like stainless) he just tried to modify what he said Ex Post Facto, hoping we will be fooled. Sorry that fails to work on most of us, thank goodness.

Statistically speaking I would tend to agree with BF on this. As careful as you may be, the odds do go up the more you load/unload your firearm. The one and only AD I have experienced in my life was about 20 years ago getting ready to do some target shooting out back. I was loading a round into Grandpa's old 12 guage pump as I slid the pump forward the shell discharged downrange. Later on after taking it to the gunsmith I discovered the firing pin had malfunctioned and remained in the post firing position (sticking out) so when I racked the shell the stuck pin caused the shell to discharge.

Fortunately I was adhering to proper gun safety and had it pointed downrange when the discharge occured. Had I been a "Candidate for the Darwin Awards" things could have turned out very differently.

It CAN happen to anyone, mine was not due to negligence but rather a mechanical failure of the firearm. I suppose I was negligent for not inspecting Grandpa's gun better then I did, but being 21 and not knowing what I know now, I didn't (although I'm still not sure I would catch something like that in a quick inspection).

My point of posting this was to remind people to not become complacent and let your guard down. ALWAYS follow proper gun handling rules.

1. Don't point your firearm at anything you don't intend to shoot including yourself. This extends to while you are loading/unloading as well.

2. Treat EVERY gun as if it is loaded, ALWAYS.

3. Don't let your situational awareness slip, not even for a second.

I'm sorry that this thread turned out to be a launching point for these personal arguments and attacks as it was not my intention..

"Can't we all just get along" - Rodney King

alphamale

Freudian slip boiled frogs? Perhaps so. Even as you quickly retyped "wrote" to "read", we all saw it. Nice job Stainless.... :lol:

I rest my case stainless frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by boiledfrogs View Post
i too have wrote stainless' posts, and have never heard of him having a nd.

Raggs

Nice try, but you either misunderstood his fify, or you are lying.

Can this thread die now? Or can mods stop the personal attacks on everyone being personally attacked. it seems to me the more a gun is handled the more opportunity to have an AD or a ND because clearly they are not the same thing. I have handled a hammer in a safe manner most of my life and somehow still have managed to whack my thumb. What has been described as a shotgun discharging for a mechanical defect I would call an Accidental Discharge, however the yahoo at the gun show would likely be Negligent Discharge.
I hope the mods if they know that Boiled Frogs is Stainless1911 then ban him or have him banned, if not then stop the personal attacks please.

Raggs

What you say is absolutely true, if you are truly not Stainless1911. If you are him then coming to a site you are banned from is a questionable on you part isn't it?

How can they stop the personal attacks when the mods are among the people perpetuating the problem.

What these "men" are dong, is trying what was tried before, that is, to derail as many threads as possible, troll to their hearts content, cause as much drama as possible, and cause whatever other mischief they can, in order to get what they want, which is to get a member banned, blaming that person for all the ruckus that they have caused.Damned be the forum rules, their own integrity, hypocrisy, cowardice, and to hell with the purpose of OC, or what we are supposed to be accomplishing here. Who cares whether the media and LEOs think who are watching this little richard measuring contest. I'm just hoping they will all shut up long enough to get back on task here. If not, fine, their loss I guess, just their reputations.

TheQ

Actually, it's a matter of time before it happens to you too. It's an odds thing, handle a gun long enough, often enough, and sooner or later, you will have an accident with one. You won't agree, prolly come back with a canned response of some sort, but thats ok. Fact is, people are imperfect, we make mistakes, and given enough time, it has to happen.

Everyone, I agree that the more you handle the weapon, the odds of an ND increase. What the sane amongst us argue us the quoted position. BF says it is a statistical certainty that it will happen to everyone that handles a weapon regularly. I could not more strongly disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.