• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fargo area open carry report.

Boomboy007

Hello to my fellow lovers of freedom. This is just a thread to keep folks updated with open carry experiences here in the Fargo-Moorhead area. I moved here from Washington state back in September, but conceal carried until I got my Class 1 ND carry permit since, oddly, both North Dakota and Minnesota require a permit to open carry.

That said, I have not had any issurs at local businesses. I have visited India Palace, The Fish and Chicken Shack, Pizza Ranch, and the Taco Shop with no issues.

I have visited Brandt Crossing and Rainy Days dog parks with no issues.

I will admit that I don't see anyone else open carrying. In fact, I was absolutely shocked to be the only open carrier at the Red River Regional Marksmanship Center fund raiser dinner a couple of weeks ago. No one said anything negative, but no one really talked to me, either.

I also attended the Fargo Republican party reorganization on 5/11. Got a few stares, but also some positive comments and feedback.

Do you open carry? Please share your experiences!

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Looks like you will be starting over my friend. Washington was coming along, with your efforts, before it died. Now you have a fresh ground and a mission. Good luck to you

Boomboy007

Looks like you will be starting over my friend. Washington was coming along, with your efforts, before it died. Now you have a fresh ground and a mission. Good luck to you
Well, I learned from the best! I miss our Open Carry Picnic in Bellingham, as well as the Open Carry campout in Wenatchee. That said, it will be good to see you guys in a couple of weeks, even if only briefly.