• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
They killed my son and now they're trying to kill his reputation," Fulton told reporters.

I wonder what his mother means by that statement

Good question. Who is they? Perhaps she's referring to herself and his father, seeing as they never bothered to teach him that it's not OK to assault someone and continue to beat them after they are down, or that you might not come home if you do so.

wrightme

There's nothing to suggest that Trayvon was suspicious and yet that's how Zimmerman described him. Oh yeah it was dark and rainy, Zimmerman didn't recognize Trayvon, Trayvon had on a hoodie and he stumbled when he walked. Yeah that's suspicious.
No, 'there's nothing that YOU see to suggest that Trayvon was suspicious.' To Zimmerman, there WERE things to suggest that Trayvon was suspicious. You do not need to agree with Zimmerman for it to be valid, nor does your disagreement with Zimmerman make his view of it invalid.

Stanley

No, 'there's nothing that YOU see to suggest that Trayvon was suspicious.' To Zimmerman, there WERE things to suggest that Trayvon was suspicious. You do not need to agree with Zimmerman for it to be valid, nor does your disagreement with Zimmerman make his view of it invalid.

False. Zimmerman SAYS that there were things to suggest he was suspicious.

That does NOT mean or prove that there WERE, what his thoughts were or if they were valid or not...

See? Language...

It can be either way. So, we are left to speculation, feeling and *shudder* belief. ;)

And your speculation is no more correct than any other speculation.

And you cannot claim the speculation to be incorrect because while it could be incorrect it could also be correct.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Rule 404b

http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_404

Prior acts and character evidence are sometimes allowed. Especially in rebuttal. Especially if it indicates "absence of mistake, or intent"

The main restriction seems to be the prosecution going to it first.

(1) Prohibited Uses. Evidence of a crime, wrong, or other act is not admissible to prove a person’s character in order to show that on a particular occasion the person acted in accordance with the character.

Stanley

(1) Prohibited Uses. Evidence of a crime, wrong, or other act is not admissible to prove a person’s character in order to show that on a particular occasion the person acted in accordance with the character.

(2) Permitted Uses; Notice in a Criminal Case. This evidence may be admissible for another purpose, such as proving motive, opportunity, intent, preparation, plan, knowledge, identity, absence of mistake, or lack of accident.

Limited, not prohibited completely.

Last edited:

wrightme

False. Zimmerman SAYS that there were things to suggest he was suspicious.

That does NOT mean or prove that there WERE, what his thoughts were or if they were valid or not...See? Language...

It can be either way. So, we are left to speculation, feeling and *shudder* belief. ;)

And your speculation is no more correct than any other speculation.

And you cannot claim the speculation to be incorrect because while it could be incorrect it could also be correct.

Duh. I didn't make such claim, did I.

You appear to be focusing much more on an argument than on a discussion.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

(2) Permitted Uses; Notice in a Criminal Case. This evidence may be admissible for another purpose, such as proving motive, opportunity, intent, preparation, plan, knowledge, identity, absence of mistake, or lack of accident.

Limited, not prohibited completely.

I believe my original statement was "not likely to be allowed by the court." I'll stand by that.:p

jbone

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-03-04/news/31122324_1_white-boy-fire-tv-station

Sunday, March 04, 2012

A 13-year-old boy who police say was doused with gasoline and lit on fire last week while walking home from school is recovering from first-degree burns to his face and head. The boy was just two blocks from his home in Kansas City Tuesday when two teenagers began to follow him and then attacked him, his mother, Melissa Coon, said. Police have described the suspects as black 16-year-olds, while the victim is white.

"We were told it's a hate crime," Coon told KTLA.

I also wonder why the media and activists are not equally enraged and engaged. I Guess no one is going to hold rally’s, print tee-shirts or meet with law makers over this crime, I would think the person dousing another human with gas would expect death will occur. Lucky for this kid he did expire.

rscottie

Zimmerman had a history of violent behavior. Something about resisting arrest/battery on a police officer. Also, some kind of domestic violence beef.

And those incidents were apparently without a firearm. Imagine the instincts of a violent guy with a deadly weapon at hand.

If you wish to tar Zimmerman with his past, how about looking at Martin's?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html

Either both pasts bear mentioning or both should be left out.

Dave Workman

I've done 5 columns on this fiasco. My take: The clowns are using it merely to attack SYG laws. That's their main target.

Emerging reports about Trayvon Martin distract from attack on SYG

Emerging details about dead Florida teen Trayvon Martin, whose cousin is a Tacoma resident and participated in a vigil for Martin Monday evening, may not be relevant to the incident that cost Martin his life, same as it is still questionable whether the state’s Stand-Your-Ground law is really applicable.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...orts-about-martin-distract-from-attack-on-syg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I've done 5 columns on this fiasco. My take: The clowns are using it merely to attack SYG laws. That's their main target.

Emerging reports about Trayvon Martin distract from attack on SYG

Emerging details about dead Florida teen Trayvon Martin, whose cousin is a Tacoma resident and participated in a vigil for Martin Monday evening, may not be relevant to the incident that cost Martin his life, same as it is still questionable whether the state’s Stand-Your-Ground law is really applicable.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...orts-about-martin-distract-from-attack-on-syg

+1

It is a continuation of the anti's tactic of "Let no crisis/tragedy go wasted".

Even if this one incident were to lead to a conclusion of wrongful death, it is in not indicative of a fault or weakness in the Castle Doctrine or Stand Your Ground laws.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Even if this one incident were to lead to a conclusion of wrongful death, it is in not indicative of a fault or weakness in the Castle Doctrine or Stand Your Ground laws.

Remember, in their minds, laws dictate behavior.

In reality, people act as they will, and the law should be carefully crafted so as to provide a gentle nudge in the right direction, punish egregious offenders, and allow the rest to enjoy their freedom.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Ever thought someone was acting crazy, only to find they were talking on a cell phone

There's nothing to suggest that Trayvon was suspicious and yet that's how Zimmerman described him. Oh yeah it was dark and rainy, Zimmerman didn't recognize Trayvon, Trayvon had on a hoodie and he stumbled when he walked. Yeah that's suspicious.

==========================================
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Looking for training by experienced staff?
We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
http://www.shecanshoot.com/

Trayvon was talking on a cell phone, on a hands off device, according to his girlfreind, during this time.

Almost everyone I talk to about it has seen someone that they thought was acting crazy, only to find that they were talking on a cell phone.

wrightme

Trayvon was talking on a cell phone, on a hands off device, according to his girlfreind, during this time.

Almost everyone I talk to about it has seen someone that they thought was acting crazy, only to find that they were talking on a cell phone.

Interesting that if Martin had simply continued to where he was staying, as opposed to confronting and attacking Zimmerman, the end result would have been markedly different.

For instance, had Martin simply kept going and LE showed up......

Superlite27

Why the "undated file photo" of Trayvon from when he was twelve? I thought he was 17?

Of course, if you're going to try Zimmerman in the public eye, it's probably best to post a photo of an innocent child.....from 5 years ago.

The gang tatoos he's received since then probably wouldn't garner near as much public outrage.

Stanley

The gang tatoos he's received since then probably wouldn't garner near as much public outrage.

Gang tattoos? His tats aren't gang tattoos. I guess I should hide my Army tats or my Shamrock. Because clearly, combined with my hoodie and other characteristics I'll be mistaken for a gang member... /sarcasm

Not a gang tattoo...

tatoo 1.jpg tatoo2.jpg

Classic...

Oh there is also a picture of him with gold teeth lol. CLEARLY he's a banger...

Unless of course, the Miami Sybunas (apparently a name of a girl) are a new gang I never heard of. And my own brother has the Jesus hands. He's a Marine so I guess he IS a gang member? LOLOLOLOLOL

/sarcasm

Last edited: