• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Convntion center

kcgunfan

MRS 21.760.2
2. No county, city, town, village, municipality, or other political subdivision of this state shall adopt any order, ordinance or regulation concerning in any way the sale, purchase, purchase delay, transfer, ownership, use, keeping, possession, bearing, transportation, licensing, permit, registration, taxation other than sales and compensating use taxes or other controls on firearms, components, ammunition, and supplies except as provided in subsection 3 of this section.

But, they aren't making any orders, ordinance, or regulation, except as provided by the state statutes. The ability for political subdivisions to make their facilities off limits to guns is provided for in RSMo 571.107.1.(6) as we already discussed. Also, the ability to make private property off limits is in 571.107.1.(15).

Still, the oddball prohibitions are in effect, where violating the law carries no punishment, unless you're really stupid.

x1wildone

I don't know why I said ST.Louis.
Anyway If it is public property then Kansas City can not even post a a sign.It is meaningless.
15 talks about private property and their rights.