• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Big D Flea Market Dalton GA.

senhan

My fiance was there today. She just recently got her license and has been carrying all the time now. She had been there for awhile OC. She came out of the bathroom and came to have the owner ask if she was a police officer. She stated not but that she had a license. He told her she could not carry there. She then asked if the property was posted with no carry signs ? He stated no and if he did that the other people there selling guns would no longer be able to sell there.

She went to her vehicle and stayed in it till her friends were done. She also said this guy has nothing but Obama stickers all over his car.

I am proud of her for carrying and standing up. She also stated to him it was her right to carry.

Last edited:

F.N.G.

if there were no signs posted she should have stayed. i applied for my liscense to and i also frequient big d. maybe they wont hassle me

Hrcnsfan

if there were no signs posted she should have stayed. i applied for my liscense to and i also frequient big d. maybe they wont hassle me

But that would be trespassing...

Georgia Code - Crimes and Offenses - Title 16, Section 16-7-21

(b) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she knowingly and without authority:

(1) ...;

(2) ...; or

(3) Remains upon the land or premises of another person or within the vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person after receiving notice from the owner, rightful occupant, or, upon proper identification, an authorized representative of the owner or rightful occupant to depart.

Senhan's girlfriend did the right thing...politely leave.
The owner can ask anyone to leave anytime he/she wants, for any reason at all...gun or no gun...sign or no sign.

mark5019

thats a good way to get arrested signs in ga have no weight, but if management says remove weapon you must remove it or face criminal trespass

please dont give out legal advice as you were wrong