• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Appropriate attire to OC

sudden valley gunner

You do know that the only people talking about a dress code are those who don't want one? No one is proposing a dress code.

Get over it.

You do know he was referring to those who do want one? Get over it.

Hey Goose hope to see you at another meet soon. Did you see me at Spanaway? I was wearing shorts, slipppahs (flip-flops) and a t-shirt. I saw others with western gear, others dressed as conservatives, others dressed with thigh rig, some wearing biker gear, it was great and none of it mattered one bit did it. We were all great representatives of the OC normalization.

kwikrnu

Banned
My advice is to open carry as one sees fit. If you want to wear sweats then fine. If you want to wear a torn T-shirt, fine. If you don't feel like bathing or brushing your teeth, fine. If you want to wear camouflage and an orange ak-47 then do so. If you want to wear a burka then do so. If you want to push a shopping cart and collect cans while open carrying feel free. I'm looking for a tactical thigh holster for both of my evil black pistols (EBP) so I can legally carry them on this forum.

rraandv51p.jpg

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Well, here is what your "shouldn't OC if you are not neat and clean cut" crowd is ACTUALLY saying.

Very nice compilation, Kingfish! Thanks for taking the time to review the thread and do all that cut-n-pasting.

My advice is to open carry as one sees fit. If you want to wear sweats then fine. If you want to wear a torn T-shirt, fine. If you don't feel like bathing or brushing your teeth, fine. If you want to wear camouflage and an orange ak-47 then do so. If you want to wear a burka then do so. If you want to push a shopping cart and collect cans while open carrying feel free.

Thanks for your opinion. Your "advice," however, is not welcome, as it's contrary to the main purpose of this forum and the efforts of most of its members. I and others who've posted in this thread are sick and tired of your strawman attacks. Strawman is an informal logical fallacy of the red herring class.

Put simply, you're not attacking our point, which is that looking like a slob is contrary to our individual and collective (forum-wide) purpose to advance social, media, and law enforcement acceptance of our Constitutional right to carry firearms in the open carry mode. Instead, you are creating and attacking a "straw man" argument of your own fabrication (lie) that we're trying to instill some sort of dress code, when we're not.

More on the straw man fallacy: "Imagine a fight in which one of the combatants sets up a man of straw, attacks it, then proclaims victory. All the while, the real opponent stands by untouched." It's similar to a kid on the playground who is mad at and wants to fight another kid, but instead walks over and pounds the snot out of a bush then proclaims victory against the other kid. :eek: The end result is that the kid who beat up the bush is viewed as an idiot by the other kids on the playground.

Tell you what, kwikrnu: They say "there's one in every crowd. If you want to be "that guy," go right ahead and dress however you'd like. If people ask us about you, we'll just tell them you're "that guy."

Just make sure you paint your EBP's orange so we know it's you and not a BG.

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
Thanks for your opinion. Your "advice," however, is not welcome, as it's contrary to the main purpose of this forum and the efforts of most of its members.

Your advice is not welcome because the right to keep and bear arms is not predicated upon the type of clothing.

since9

Campaign Veteran
...the right to keep and bear arms is not predicated upon the type of clothing.

You're absolutely correct. It's not.

The difference in our approaches, however, is that at the heart of my arguments are the best interests of an important and growing 2A movement, while what appears to be at the heart of your arguments are simply your own interest in doing or dressing any way you please without care or regard for how it might adversely impact open carry progress and acceptance.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. What are your motives, exactly, with respect to open carrying wearing anything you dang well please? What do you hope to accomplish by that?

kwikrnu

Banned
What are your motives, exactly, with respect to open carrying wearing anything you dang well please? What do you hope to accomplish by that?

I don't hope to accomplish anything. I have the right to carry. I have the right to wear what I want. I'm exercising my rights.