• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3rd Saturday at the Port Orchard hideaway meet

EMNofSeattle

Sounds nice. In Federal Way, we have had 20, 30 or more AND I have had coffee with just one other individual. I have never been disappointed, it's all good.

What I am confused by is another member started an entirely new thread to remind people (why?) .... a bit of over kill....

I thought it was ok to periodically create reminder threads.... I don't know how lurkers or new members pay much attention to the original thread.... Tis all... I

psbart

had too much stuff to do with the kiddos that day. baby might be here by the next meetup. or I might be ready to go any day. time will tell. If I miss April, I will do my best to come out in May. Hopefully by then I will be able to go back to my favorite everyday carry :).

1245A Defender

Oh Geeeze,,,

Hope to see lots of ya at the Hide-Away this Sat. at noon for our monthly coffee meeting :banana::banana::monkey:lol:
Clay,,, cant you wait untill later in the week, to remind me of a comitment to enjoy some over priced coffee, with you????Geeeze I just finnished doing my taxes.... Well sunday, sent on monday, Im just staying up all night, trying to get back on skeduele...Love to see you man,,, I will be there.

1245A Defender

Wow!!!

I would sure like to come and visit everyone on the "Other side of the pond", but I work Saturdays. :([/

Back in the 70's the pond seemed a lot bigger and I thought it was off of the west coast. But that might be my fuzzy old mind playin tricks on me.

You remember that too?
We must be old, together!
Back in the DAY! The pond was the the Atlantic Ocean, between America and England...
I think this young Whippersnapper is confused, and he thinks that Puget sound is a pond.... Ha!
True it is a ways from the Seattle side to the Kitsap side, but it is hardly a Pond!
I encourage any and all to come to the Hide A Way in Port Orchard this Saturday (is that tommorow?).
At Noon....

1245A Defender

Well,,,

By now the coffee meet, we had today, was yesterday and we didnt even cross the international date line, go figure!

Sooo I didnt want to really sleep but I got a few winks anyway, just before the alarm rings, twice!
Found my car, poured in the gas I bought for my generator, cause I havent gassed the car in 3 months and it was almost out!
Got to the thing, on time, all the folks were smoking and visiting on the deck ouside, they said,,, Hi Bob!
We went inside and got the meeting started at the stroke of noon Oclock, "thats Navy talk for lunch time".
We had Myself,
Clay, 1911er.
Eric, Emnofseattle.
Jim, Triggerdr.
Eddie, Firesupressor, fresh back from his temporary new state of Michigan.
Pat, Psbart, her friend, 2 young daughters and a two week old baby.
a new guy that hardly ever posts so I cant look up his screen name, or remember his real name, but he blended in just fine.

Some random folks were eating there too, and before they left a man, about 40 yr old came over to where I sat
and explained they were visiting from komifornia "his word", and asked about my 1911, of coarse I explained that
it was a Spanish Star Modelo Super in 9x23 Largo and though it looks 1911ish, it is totally differant,
Anyhooo he kind of gushed and said that he really thought it was super that WE can actually carry for self defense!!

1911er

Hide away cafe

I talked to the owner of the Café yesterday and he suggested we show up A bit early at our next get together because it has been extremely busy now that the weather has gotten nicer . Last weekend there were people waiting in line for A seat inside and outside. So I will be there early and try to save some tables on the deck. Any body else that can come A bit early would be helpful. Its only 8 days away.

1911er

sounds like a good idea to me....

I would actually prefer slightly ealier... what time you thinking Clay? about 11?

The meeting is scheduled at noon. Some people sleep in on the weekends or stay up Friday night. night till wee hours on Sat. morning. They need some sleep too. The only reason I suggested to get there is so we could find seats. Not to change the meeting time.

Trigger Dr

I might show up this time. I will have to miss the 22 cal silhouette match, but I have something to put to the group. Might be interesting. You will have to wait and see.

Trigger Dr

The more we have attend this meet, the better it could be. Let's try to get tables out on the deck to allow the "real" customers have a chance to spend more than we do for coffee. There is a plan in the works that could and will be of benefit to all OC ers. Be there and participate. It will not cost you any $$$$

Batousaii

I think i will be able to attend this Saturday's event. I will look forward to seeing everyone.

- Same place right?

12 noon.
Hideaway Cafe
807 Bay Street
Port Orchard, WA 98366
(360) 895-4418

Directions

Last edited: