• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Amendment Rally April 30, 2011

DEROS72

Just wanted to let you guys know that the facebook site has 45 rsvp's, and only three of them are OCDO members! I've also received about 50 rsvp's through my email distribution. This year's event is going to be HUGE!

Carol Hawley has also been working hard to get invitations out and to get this event posted on some of the high traffic events listings. Together, she and I have sent this out to nearly 100,000 Washingtonians, not uincluding the forums and calendars. She's really working hard on this, as are we all.

Looking forward to the 30th!

Don't know what we'd do without you Elisa,thats awesome.Another Update, I was contacted by another vendor today that will be there to donate anothe 40 2A shirts in addition to the ones we have.Also Talked to Dave Workman and Bill and we think we can set up a live call in from Him And Allen Gottlieb from the NRA convention in Pittsburg that saturday.Bill is going to give it a shot.

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
.Bill is going to give it a shot.
yeah that BFR 45/70 should make a big hole....

....REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE A SONG IDEA SEND IT TO ME IN A PM.....
You guys have come up with some great ideas for music. The list so far:

AK47 - Kalashnikov
Alabama 3 - Woke up this morning (Sopranos Theme)
Blue Oyster Cult - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
Bob Segar - Turn The Page
Bon Jovi - stick to your guns
Boston - Foreplay - Long Time
BTO - Takin Care Of Business
Cinderella - Coming Home
Five Finger Death Punch - Bad Company
Foghat - Born To Be Wild
Hank Williams Jr. - stirring it up
Hank Williams Jr. - The American Way
Hank Williams Jr. - The Coalalition
Johnny Cash - Hurt
Kid Rock - Born Free
KISS - Shout It Out Loud
Krista Branch - I Am America
Krista Branch - Remember Who We Are
Lee Greenwood - God Bless the U.S.A
Luke Bryan - Drinkin' Beer And Wastin' Bullets
Molly Hatchet - Flirting With Disaster
Nashville Teens - Tobacco Road
Saliva - click click boom
Scorpions - wind of change
Curtis Stigers - Sons of Anarchy (SOA Theme)
Steve Lee - I Like Guns
STYX - Renagade
Ted Nugent - Stranglehold
Thin Lizzie - Boys Are Back In Town
Toby Kieth - Bullets In The Gun
Toby Kieth - Courtesy Of the Red White and blue
Tom Petty - Something In The Air
Van Halen - Runnin With The Devil
Van Zant - These Colors Don't Run
Warren Zevon - Lawyers Guns and Money
YES - I've Seen All Good People

T

TWG2A

Wow! That's quite the music playlist. Between the live music and this list we should be rockin' all day!

Don't forget that if you need more shirts or caps, patches & stickers made, I have a contact who can do a great job at a good price. She's going to be at the rally and handing out free Second Amendment stickers and decals. Let me know if we can throw some work her way. She needs it.

Here's the update I sent out to about 10,000 Washingtonians on email distribution yesterday.

UPDATE: Washington State Second Amendment Rally

The 2nd Annual Washington State Second Amendment Rally will be held on Saturday, April 30 2011, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Tivoli Fountain Park, on the grounds of the State Capitol in Olympia, Washington.

This year's Washington State Second Amendment Rally is being organized by several Second Amendment Advocates and Advocacy Groups. All who stand with us in supporting and protecting our Second Amendment Rights are invited. This is a family oriented event and all ages are welcome!

Come and learn more about Washington State Gun Rights Legislative issues as well as Nationwide Gun Rights efforts and legislation.

If you have questions about this event, or to set up a press interview, Please contact Jim Beal at burtb71@yahoo.com

Prominent Speakers to include:

Senator Pam Roach - 31st District
Elisa Delaurenti - Montana Second Amendment Activist
Jay Devereaux - Unite In Action
Lizanne Padula - Padula & Associates Law Firm
Gray Peterson - Second Amendment Activist
Special Presentation by "Samuel Adams"

MC - Elisa Delaurenti

** More speakers TBA

Live Music Performed By Singer, Songwriter Garret Lloyd King

* Flag Ceremony and Color Guard performed by US Naval Sea Cadet Corps.

* National Anthem performed by Kerry Hooks

* Washington Gun Stores and Sporting Goods Stores have provided free prizes and handouts.

* Free gifts include 2nd amendment T-shirts (while they last!)

* Area law firms in addition to other Second Amendment advocacy groups will be on-hand to answer your questions

* Free sodas, coffee and bottled water

* Petition signing

* Balloons and patriotic coloring books for the kids

PLEASE JOIN US FOR THIS MOST INFORMATIVE AND ENTERTAINING EVENT!

Regards,

TWG

T

TWG2A

Am I the only one sitting here getting all fidgety about the rally?

You guys have done an amazing job coordinating this event. I'm confident it will go just fine, and there will be no issues that cannot be remedied by the wonderful team in charge. As the saying goes.... "If you build it, they will come." You can only do so much, and I believe you've all helped to make the necessary arrangements to ensure this event goes smooth and that everyone has a great time!

Don't forget to have a good time during the event! You deserve it!

sirpuma

I will be there. So as far as I can tell we're meeting at the McD's at 512 and I5 at ~7:30? Is there a prohibition to carrying a long gun? If not is there a prohibition to carrying it loaded? I see in the pictures from last year a few people with long guns but can't tell if they were loaded. I know that carrying a loaded long gun in a vehicle is against the law. Also, if needed I have a 10' canopy a folding table and some folding chairs I can bring.

DEROS72

I will be there. So as far as I can tell we're meeting at the McD's at 512 and I5 at ~7:30? Is there a prohibition to carrying a long gun? If not is there a prohibition to carrying it loaded? I see in the pictures from last year a few people with long guns but can't tell if they were loaded. I know that carrying a loaded long gun in a vehicle is against the law. Also, if needed I have a 10' canopy a folding table and some folding chairs I can bring.

Yes some people did carry long guns but no they were not loaded.I prefer them not to be and would hope OCDO would set the standard.By all means we could use the extra canopy and chairs and table.Thank you.

By the way It is my understanding that a CPL is required to carry on capital grounds.

Last edited:

1911er

Yes some people did carry long guns but no they were not loaded.I prefer them not to be and would hope OCDO would set the standard.By all means we could use the extra canopy and chairs and table.Thank you.

By the way It is my understanding that a CPL is required to carry on capital grounds.

why do you need A cpl to open carry on A tax paid for location( the Capitol Grounds)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

All long arms must be carried unloaded in your vehicle.

? Cite?

why do you need A cpl to open carry on A tax paid for location( the Capitol Grounds)

DEROS72

Well after doing some checking I believe I was incorrect about the cpl on capital grounds.My apologies.We had no issues last year.

Bill Starks

State Researcher

I passed some bad info to Jim, here is the WAC info:

WAC 236-12-470

Prohibiting access to state capitol buildings and grounds while armed with dangerous weapons or with devices used to disrupt state business.

(1) No person shall carry any firearm or other dangerous weapon as described in chapter 9.41 RCW on the state capitol grounds or in any building on the state capitol grounds: Provided, That this regulation shall not apply to duly authorized federal, state, and local law enforcement officers or to any federal, state, and local government employee authorized to carry firearms in the course of their public employment; and: Provided, That a person may carry a firearm in accordance with chapter 9.41 RCW.

(2) No person may carry into any building on the state capitol grounds any voice-amplification equipment, blow horns, sirens, or other similar noise-producing devices which may be used to disrupt the conduct of state business by state employees.

T

TWG2A

I passed some bad info to Jim, here is the WAC info:

WAC 236-12-470

Prohibiting access to state capitol buildings and grounds while armed with dangerous weapons or with devices used to disrupt state business.

(1) No person shall carry any firearm or other dangerous weapon as described in chapter 9.41 RCW on the state capitol grounds or in any building on the state capitol grounds: Provided, That this regulation shall not apply to duly authorized federal, state, and local law enforcement officers or to any federal, state, and local government employee authorized to carry firearms in the course of their public employment; and: Provided, That a person may carry a firearm in accordance with chapter 9.41 RCW.

(2) No person may carry into any building on the state capitol grounds any voice-amplification equipment, blow horns, sirens, or other similar noise-producing devices which may be used to disrupt the conduct of state business by state employees.

OK,, I don't get it. It looks like carrying a firearm on the grounds is prohibited. We had a LOT of people carrying firearms last year, and during the SB 6396 judicial committee hearings people had sidearms. I'm sure they weren't loaded....

Reading this tells me it's against the law. Yet none of us were arrested last year. Am I missing something here?

.45ACPaddy

OK,, I don't get it. It looks like carrying a firearm on the grounds is prohibited. We had a LOT of people carrying firearms last year, and during the SB 6396 judicial committee hearings people had sidearms. I'm sure they weren't loaded....

Reading this tells me it's against the law. Yet none of us were arrested last year. Am I missing something here?

Read the last bolded part of what you quoted. That's why.