• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should gun owners abandon the Republican Party?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
redlegagent wrote:
The government and the constitution were designed with the ability to makes changes if things don't work right. Build on that. ;)

You mean that piece of paper? I thought they burned it a long time ago. It was designed to do a lot of things. Unfortunately it failed because the government simply ignored it.

As smoking357 pointed out, not legitimizing the faux system is the best way to send a message.

You vehemently defend your side of partisan politics in numerous other threads and then you post here that you don’t want to vote? I really didn’t think you were a troll before this. I’m having a hard time thinking of something more hypocritical.
Do you not read the arguments? Further, what's this connection between voting and political change? They've already won if they've got you thinking the only way to salvation is through their church.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
They couldn't preach for Anarchy and Revolution because that would be extreme and they can't vote because it doesn't work.
If we aren't allowed to advocate for revolution, and if voting is pointless, you've backed us into a corner.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Do you not read the arguments? Further, what's this connection between voting and political change? They've already won if they've got you thinking the only way to salvation is through their church.

Smoking,

My post had nothing to do with your argument and everthing to do with hypocrisy. See a few posts above that for my opinion on "not voting".

The connection between voting and political change in this case is partisan politics.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
smoking357 wrote:

Smoking,

My post had nothing to do with your argument and everthing to do with hypocrisy. See a few posts above that for my opinion on "not voting".

The connection between voting and political change in this case is partisan politics.
O.K.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
Brass Magnet wrote:
You vehemently defend your side of partisan politics in numerous other threads and then you post here that you don’t want to vote? I really didn’t think you were a troll before this. I’m having a hard time thinking of something more hypocritical.
Yes, in light of this informationthe proper thing for certain postersto do would be to remain silent and stray away from the political threads of the day thatthey seem hellbent on poisoning. To not even participate in the process but stillcriticise it and criticise those that actually do partcipate in it, as well as suggestthat there is no solution to the problem, shows the rest of us that theyhave painted themselves into a corner and is the opitome of hipocrisy. They couldn't preach for Anarchy and Revolution because that would be extreme and they can't vote because it doesn't work.

Their credibility has essentiallybeen forfeited, IMO.

I find it totally weak and pathetic when people make passionate arguments about topics and do absolutelynothing to make what they believe a reality.They would rather hide behind their keyboard and attempt to discredit every article posted or every political belief shared.

Utterly pathetic.

I educate clueless idiots like yourself, one person at a time. I'm actually making a difference. Your vote makes zero difference. Come back and criticize me when you have a clue what's going on.

You're missing the forest, not because of the tree, but because your head is up your ass.

Flintlock

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Flintlock wrote:
They couldn't preach for Anarchy and Revolution because that would be extreme and they can't vote because it doesn't work.
If we aren't allowed to advocate for revolution, and if voting is pointless, you've backed us into a corner.

I was mostly reffering to Stylez but I suppose Marshaul and you may be included as well. I should have been more clear. Stylez has made it known that theforum membership here are extremists.

As for your posts, Marshaul's, and some of Stylez's on this thread, you can advocate whatever you want if you are actually avocating something -rather than just criticising -and in fact, I encourage people to advocate. I simplydisagree that voting is a lost cause. If you think it is, perhapsAnarchy and Revolution is your only answer to fix the problem and just press the reset button on the tree of liberty.

I don't believe we are at that point. That doesn't mean drastic changes aren't necessary, just not armed conflict.

My point is that it is hipocritical to criticise the masses for voting and not offering a better solution, or any solution at all. Partcipating on many political theads and not being a part of a movement or organization that works to change the process is ridiculous. People like Stylez spend most of their forum time posting in political threads and criticising others, but is the first one to defend Obama, his cronies, an his SCOTUS pick. For him not to be a voter nor politically active outside of a web forum shows a lack of credibility.

I just think it is interesting that the posters that are the most active in political threads are the one's that are the non-voter "advocates" and are not doing anything to help their cause.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
I just think it is interesting that the posters that are the most active in political threads are the one's that are the non-voter "advocates" and are not doing anything to help their cause.

My personal vote means jack shit and isn't worth the time/effort/cost to cast. Showing others the light, who can then turn around and enlighten more people, who can enlighten more people, etc, has an infinitely greater impact than casting a single, worthlessvote and returning your head to your rectum.

Flintlock

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
I educate clueless idiots like yourself, one person at a time. I'm actually making a difference. Your vote makes zero difference. Come back and criticize me when you have a clue what's going on.

You're missing the forest, not because of the tree, but because your head is up your ass.
Not suprisingly, a typical childish response, littered with insultsfrom the forum's 22 year oldhipocrite.

Way to make your point boy wonder. You really got me there... :quirky

You are the ultimate keyboard commando. I guarantee that you would never say the things you type on this forumto someone's face you didn't know.

On another forum you were banned from, you made it a whopping 12 posts andit is not hard to see why. It must be very difficult living your life as someone tha cannot make a point or "win" an argument without the benefitof insulting someone and using profanity. You must be a mean, hateful person. It must suck to be you.

You are not the end-all, save-all of forum threads and we don't have to go through you to make sure it is all understood.

You have no credibility on any political threads. This is not a car forum and you cannot pour your pure "knowledge" on the membership that actually understand the process you are criticising. Nobody takes you seriously anyway, except the new posters that don't know anybetter yet. This thread is icing on the caketo showyour trolling ways.

Can you repeat what your purpose on this forum was again, for the masses that haven't yet had the opportunity to see what you are all about?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
Oh, so now you're more of an anarchist than I am, and I would never advocate revolution either?

Sorry, my friend, but my e-cock remains bigger. :p You're quite mistaken on the above counts. If anything, it is myself who has been continually unimpressed with your extremism, or rather lack thereof. Or did I misinterpret what you were trying to say?

Do something about it? Well, let's see, this is an OC board. You live in Alaska. Well, no progress to be make there. My living in CA makes my outspoken support for OC "doing something" by default. You're just following the norms. Big deal.

But that's not the point. The point is, when did we start measuring our civic contributions? How is this relevant? What point are you trying to make with your ad hominem attack?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
My point is that it is hipocritical to criticise the masses for voting and not offering a better solution, or any solution at all. Partcipating on many political theads and not being a part of a movement or organization that works to change the process is ridiculous.
Fair point, but if you're still attacking myself I must defend myself with a charge of "strawman!" I never criticized voters. I merely said I've stopped seeing the value of wasting my vote for a party that will never beat Obama in my district.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

You have no credibility on any political threads. This is not a car forum and you cannot pour your pure "knowledge" on the membership that actually understand the process you are criticising. Nobody takes you seriously anyway, except the new posters that don't know anybetter yet. This thread is icing on the caketo showyour trolling ways.

This, coming from the guy that has never once taken me on in a political debate. If you know so much, why are you always no where to be found when the arguments come up? The most you'll do is pop in every now and again to make a personal jab from your list of things you think you know about me, while complaining that I make too many personal jabs. :quirky

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
Sorry if sounded rude above, I believe that came out a little stronger than my attempts at humor. Oh well.

At any rate, I don't understand how you make this logical leap. How do you know what I do for the OC cause? How can you assume that by "not voting" I am doing less than you? Perhaps you yourself can vote to legalize LOC in California?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

marshaul wrote:
Flintlock wrote:
Sorry if sounded rude above, I believe that came out a little stronger than my attempts at humor. Oh well.

At any rate, I don't understand how you make this logical leap. How do you know what I do for the OC cause? How can you assume that by "not voting" I am doing less than you? Perhaps you yourself can vote to legalize LOC in California?

You aren't doing what he would do, therefore you're doing nothing. Can't follow the logic? Think of it this way: you're either with us or you're with the terrorists.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
My point is that it is hipocritical to criticise the masses for voting and not offering a better solution, or any solution at all.
Not that you're deliberately trying to engage in any such tactic, but The Art of Deception, a handbook on polemic sleight of hand, discusses the deceptive tactic of denouncing an criticism that provides no alternative course.

It's not hypocrisy to withhold, and it's not essential to the argument to provide, an alternative course.

redlegagent

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Brass Magnet wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
redlegagent wrote:
The government and the constitution were designed with the ability to makes changes if things don't work right. Build on that. ;)

You mean that piece of paper? I thought they burned it a long time ago. It was designed to do a lot of things. Unfortunately it failed because the government simply ignored it.

As smoking357 pointed out, not legitimizing the faux system is the best way to send a message.

I'm sorry but this is the worst kind of cop-out. If you feel you can't beat them by "their rules" - which, by the way, are the system rules - then you must over throw the system?? If all you Liberatrians and wanters of the "golden past"would only readsome of those history books, you would learn that corruption and manipulating of the system existed back in the "good ole days" as well as today. Ever hear of Robber Barons, Tammany Hall, Silver Barons etc. All of them juiced the political system to get what they wanted, and in time, all were thrown out by the subsequent reformers who followed them. Our history is cyclical in many ways. Eventually, the people get tired and vote in some reformers to make changes. This is not the same as anarchy or drive by shootings at the white house or any of that other idiocy. The american people are very tolerant but if presented with compelling facts they will push for change. There is a lot of misdirected energy here which would be put to better useif channeled into constructive grass root organizing. ;)

Flintlock

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Flintlock wrote:

I am not trying to be rude either. I do disagree with you on this thread but I am in no way purposely trying to lop you into the HKstylez catagory as I think he has a serious problem with incessant hipocrisy. I have not found that with you andI appreciate your candor without the benefit of profanity as some others choose to use regularly.

As for your comments, you are right, I do not know what you you have done or will do about the OC cause. I know that you have mentioned you have lived back and forth between Virginia and California and obviously, the political atmosphere is a little different between the two localities. Yes, in California I cannot sway an election all by myself, that is true. But there are things I can do besides post on a internet forum - and I do.

I don't see how not-voting is going to produce the changes you seek, which I am under the impression are far more vast than just OC rights. By a strategy of not-voting, what ways are you invloved with gaining traction into winning the changes that you seek for your state?

I don't believe in being forced to participate in the privilege ofvoting nor do I believe in being forced to exercise gauranteed rights. But by not exercising your voting privilege, I personally believe you are not letting your voice be spoken and are remaining silent during a time when more people are paying attention than any other time.

Lastly, I do find it reasonable to suggest that people that do not votebut at the same time enjoy letting that voice be heard on political threads of an internet forum begin to show a lack of credibility.

I guess what I am saying is, why bother? If you don't care enough to vote, than why do you care enough to post about it?

Flintlock

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
It's not hypocrisy to withhold, and it's not essential to the argument to provide, an alternative course.
I personally believe if you have a strategy of not-voting you should at leastprovide one if you wish to retain any credibility. Just my opinion.

Flintlock

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
You aren't doing what he would do, therefore you're doing nothing.
I never said anything of the sort and you know it. Nice try.

I have repeatedly asked you what you have done to furtherthe RTKABA in your state and you have said nothing. One would logically assume that you either have not done anything or you just don't care. I think it is probably a bit of both.

Can't follow the logic? Think of it this way: you're either with us or you're with the terrorists.

Another quote from W? Who cares, he was terrible. I think it is time to move on from the obsession.

On the flip side, Obama has been President for six months and we are still fighting the same war, in the same countries and are on the verge of a political meltdown with North Korea and Iran. Why can't you quote any of the unconstitutional acts of the Obama administration?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

redlegagent wrote:
I'm sorry but this is the worst kind of cop-out. If you feel you can't beat them by "their rules" - which, by the way, are the system rules - then you must over throw the system?? If all you Liberatrians and wanters of the "golden past"would only readsome of those history books, you would learn that corruption and manipulating of the system existed back in the "good ole days" as well as today. Ever hear of Robber Barons, Tammany Hall, Silver Barons etc. All of them juiced the political system to get what they wanted, and in time, all were thrown out by the subsequent reformers who followed them. Our history is cyclical in many ways. Eventually, the people get tired and vote in some reformers to make changes. This is not the same as anarchy or drive by shootings at the white house or any of that other idiocy. The american people are very tolerant but if presented with compelling facts they will push for change. There is a lot of misdirected energy here which would be put to better useif channeled into constructive grass root organizing.
Learn your History. The voting rules of today are far from what the Framers intended.

The "Good Ole Days" you cited are recent events, by the way. In the country's history, rare is the time the country voted for more Liberty.

Flintlock

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
I educate clueless idiots like yourself, one person at a time.
Geez, that's not elitist or anything...

A 22 year old kid that thinks he can educate everyone. Do you truly have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

I'm actually making a difference. Your vote makes zero difference.
Your making a difference by doing what? Posting on a public OC forum? Is that how you are making your "difference?" :lol:

If my vote made no difference, they wouldn't bother counting it.A few years ago, the candidate that would becomeMayor of the largest city here won by one vote. He is now a U.S. Senator.