• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why some people hate cops

Logan 5

Some people hate cops. Some people love them. Some people can go either way, and some people would rather stay away. Sounds poetic, but it's true.

This causes significant problems with the Second Amendment, the argument being "if you cannot respect the police should you have the right to own or carry?" I came across a recent video that I feel helps describe a good chunk of this problem. HTH

FreedomVA

I used to respect the LEO,, but overtimes, i saw how they changed into something that is no longer beneficial for society and more like gestapo's for their masters

CJ4wd

While I have sufficient reason personally to distrust and dislike police in general, I don't. I have had interactions with a few that are the "shining example" of officers that we all wish there were more. As OC stipulates, in too many of these cases, it is a "trickle down" problem. Yes, there are individual officers that deserve our disgust but the upper echelon officers that let those bad ones exist AND the politicians that rule over them are the real problem.

FreedomVA

i don't understand the physics how someone in handcuff behind their back can point a gun at someone?

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The harrowing footage, which is without audio, shows McCree fall to the ground. The officer rushes over and pulls a gun away from him, although it is hard to say if the gun was in McCree's handcuffed hands or not.
Excuse me, you can clearly see the gun being pulled from the guys front waistband.

FreedomVA

Excuse me, you can clearly see the gun being pulled from the guys front waistband.

If a person is hancuffed behind their back, i find it very difficult to reach into a vehicle, grab a gun hancuffed, stuff it into your front waist and point directly at someone.
If it was in his front waist while hancuffed from the back, then how could it be pointed at an officer? then stuff it back into the front waist, while running, all being handcuffed from behind?
If he was hancuffed with both hands in the front, i could see this happening, but physics doesn't add up. I didn't see Harry Houidini in the clip.

Last edited:

solus

Sorry logan 5, your intro posting is about the cops...

your attached video begins talking about “officers“...

therefore...individuals in lieu of the Blue brotherhood institution

Logan 5

Ah! I feel so relieved now that someone out there has to enlighten me on what the video I attached was really talking about! <PLONK>
If it is an officer that is performing a headlock that is known to kill people, then I say that cop is the problem. If it is departmental policy to harass and intimidate people based on physical impairments (which I have personally seen), then it's the department. Though I question dismantling a department. You can reorganize it without destroying it like BLM wants.