• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

While roaming about on the the www

solus

I found numerous an recent interesting discourse(s) on OC verse CC...
the snobby site. The High Road, over the last year has had at least one thread [normally 3 sections in length] approximately every 90 days where the thread's OP postulates...'anybody OC..?'

ensuing members posts lambasts the practice with standard rhetoric of 'attention seeker, first on shot, and of course, bad guy will take OC's gun' , ad nauseam & all without cites, then everybody caveats their stance w/but i support their "RIGHT" to do so.

then a mod will state, nothing new, thread locked!

This stated...one post quoted an Ohio retired training LE who has their own training academy and footprint on the www selling their skills and put these blogs out this year to enhance jqpublic's knowledge OC'n...

of course, my awe of the website significantly diminished when i saw this foto...

Aug 18 157

the retired le's training might be impeccable and his right to an opinion on OC is an interesting read...but a picture says a thousand words and negates previous praise...

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
What you mention is also what I've encountered in gun-forums (probably 99.9% CCers exclusively), at least one of which ended up banning me. The overwhelming ignorance and actual HOSTILITY to the concept of OCing in principle -- then taken-out on any OCer they encounter -- is as incredible as it has become predictable. I have even encountered it from CCers who were in my CC permit class when the subject of OCing was brought up by the instructor (and/or my empty holster was noticed by someone!).
IMO, CCers seem to be an OCer's MOST VOCAL critics, not (as one would expect) gun-ignorant/anti-gun liberals, since "fellow gun owners/carriers" SHOULD be open-minded, yes?
IME, however, they clearly show they AREN'T!
I don't see any solution for CCers not being more accepting of OCing, understanding WHY some of us (speaking for myself anyway) exclusively OC, and even why THEY should consider OCing also. It seems to be they REFUSE to be "enlightened" (even proud fo their ignorance), so I don't make any progress talking to them (in-person or on a forum); I don't even try anymore.
Regardless, that doesn't stop me from OCing anyway, and continuing to speak to others I meet while out & about (who seem WAY more open minded!) as I continue my "grass-roots" efforts (pretty much alone though, as I HARDLY EVER see other OCers) to "spread the gospel" by getting more people thinking about their personal safety/protection, taking PERSONAL responsibility for it (vs. looking to others to do it for them), and getting their CC permit since MOST people (apparently!) will NEVER OC.
Given that FACT (to me), I carry my "OC business cards" anyway and hand them out to people (so they know who they were talking to AND have a contact if need be in the future). I don't "solicit" interactions, but if someone who sees my gun (most people DON'T notice though!) and brings the subject up (something CCers can NOT do), it's my opportunity to "educate & inform."
Still, my MAIN goal is just trying to get them to CARRY -- whichever way they choose to do so. :)

Last edited:

solus

yepper...
OC'd in CoS and mile high area for many many years before the local migrant idiots got cranky and closed denver county down to OC....

but quite fascinating to see firearm forum's members leap on the OC'rs like rabid racoons...

and i also for some reason have been asked not to frequent several sites for my OC'g view(s)

enjoy your holiday...

ps sidebar...dragon man still in operation after his foray into youtube antics which severely or caused the death of his spouse?

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
I didn't even know who (or what!) "Dragon Man" was (or know anything about his spouse)...but during my last stay here in COS (2013-2016), I was at a Village Inn and he was one of the people at a nearby table -- I met him then. I haven't been out to his "spread" (it's large) even though he's about 8 miles East of COS (via Hwy 91) -- partly because I eschew gun ranges in general (even though he has more out there than just a range) -- but I guess he's still open and still in business...unless the Virus-Crisis has had an impact?
As for Denver, I avoid it as much as I can (as you know, OC in Denver/Denver County is illegal)...EXCEPT for when I need to go to the VAMC (aka: "VA Eastern Colorado Health Care System" -- VAECHCS) up there and so HAVE to be in Denver.
Well, that was THEN when the VA had its old facility in Denver (E. 9th Ave & Clermont). The NEW VA facility -- costing too many $Billions and years overdue -- isn't in Denver anymore but in ("diverse") Aurora, so except for the VA buildings/premises (of course!), I can OC in Aurora with no issue. But most of my business up there after any VA appt's is in Ken Caryl, Littleton/Lakewood areas -- again, no OC issues anywhere in ANY of the suburbs around liberal Denver.
Am going to NM (Rio Rancho & ABQ) and TX (ELP) for a visit -- no matter where I live, I try to do a yearly "Christmas Trip" (via car) back to ELP to see what's left of friends there (family gone) -- and usually on the way back to CO, take the long way through the "wastelands" of Eastern NM. Makes for quite a longer return trip miles-wise, but is a nice, leisurely and scenic "tour" -- not to mention I'm always looking out for alien spacecraft debris on the side of the road in the Roswell area (to add to my extensive collection). ;-)
" enjoy your holiday..." -- solus
Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you and yours also!
-- C

Last edited:

solus

Further wanderings rolled me to nevada carry who posted a fairly unbiased article found here...

sincere kudo to handgunlaw.us for the lead to NV carry's article

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
A concealed carry supremacist is someone who denigrates open carry and those who choose to practice it, without fully understanding open carry or ever having practiced it.
I have known a few of them over the years. Especially the ones that exercised their right to open carry to get the privilege to conceal carry.

solus

reported

highly suggested members do not open the url nor the gmail addy...