• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Would You Say to Someone Who Freaks Out at the Sight of a Gun?

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Old thread, new situation. At the last Town Council meeting the Librarian gave her report. On her agenda was the Libraries recommendation to BAN Open Carry in the Library ( a few have complained). We have requested her to come back and justify this attempt.
The fact that almost sixty three percent of adult Montanans are armed, that ninety percent of Montana households have firearms AND it "Shall not be infringed" this should not be difficult.
Obviously it would be best and preferred to kill the request on its face. If it proves difficult as an individual on a board of others, to squash it, make sure you don't run afoul of the updated state preemption.

I second the thought of putting an agenda item to discuss opening a new librarian position.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Well it seems to be coming to a head. The Library read a resolution to ban this past tuesday meeting. I, and others will be at the next meeting to run it down.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
A letter of condemnation will be in the next paper. I am backed by three out of four Councilmen. One cannot see past the "gun" and missises the Freedom part entirely.