• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What to do after a defensive shooting

MNMGoneShooting

It would seem your tears are, keep crying, it suits you.

Hahahahaha, that was a good one. Oh you're just getting in the groove tonight. Now who else are you going to grump on? Seems to suit you. I was just answering a question to a cite; you're the offended one by "misinterpreting" your precious text.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ladies and gentlemen - leave the person remarks/insults in the drawer. Address the facts in a responsible manner if you please.

Each of you are hopefully able to express your opinions w/o such unnecessary additions.

MNMGoneShooting

Now... Back to supporting the art of Open Carry (unlike one participant in this thread who really just likes to spin text out) and what defensive shootings create when EMTs are involved.... Out of ten years of working the county, I have not had one call where a shooting was not known prior to the scene arrival. That wouldn't mean it doesn't happen, but between witnesses, nearby residences, etc, by the time we approached the scene, we were always successfully notified that the scene involved a shooting.

EMTs will put their own safety first prior to the life of the victim (at least they are supposed to), no matter if threats of lawsuits and rich wives are thrown out there.

I could provide a cite on this golden rule, but it's in every EMT/First Responder course out there.

WalkingWolf

Now... Back to supporting the art of Open Carry (unlike one participant in this thread who really just likes to spin text out) and what defensive shootings create when EMTs are involved.... Out of ten years of working the county, I have not had one call where a shooting was not known prior to the scene arrival. That wouldn't mean it doesn't happen, but between witnesses, nearby residences, etc, by the time we approached the scene, we were always successfully notified that the scene involved a shooting.

EMTs will put their own safety first prior to the life of the victim (at least they are supposed to), no matter if threats of lawsuits and rich wives are thrown out there.

I could provide a cite on this golden rule, but it's in every EMT/First Responder course out there.

Again after using my quote which you clearly did not read I said nothing of others reporting a shooting, only that I would not, and that I would request medical assistance, and ask to be transported to a hospital. YOU seem to have a personal problem with that, and it is your problem. I never said that EMT's should put there safety at risk, AND I NEVER said one word about suing the EMT's. YOU really should **** **** ****** ******** *****, it might help with your reading.

If on the job you have a problem with reading comprehension or listening to patients YOU are a danger to those patients.

--Moderator warning-- stop the personal attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

MNMGoneShooting

Again after using my quote which you clearly did not read I said nothing of others reporting a shooting, only that I would not, and that I would request medical assistance, and ask to be transported to a hospital. YOU seem to have a personal problem with that, and it is your problem. I never said that EMT's should put there safety at risk, AND I NEVER said one word about suing the EMT's. YOU really should take your memory dysfunction pills, it might help with your reading.

You're right, I'm sorry.

MNMGoneShooting

So I must revise:

REVISED RESPONSE:
Now... Back to supporting the art of Open Carry and what defensive shootings create when EMTs are involved.... Out of ten years of working the county, I have not had one call where a shooting was not known prior to the scene arrival. That wouldn't mean it doesn't happen, but between witnesses, nearby residences, etc, by the time we approached the scene, we were always successfully notified that the scene involved a shooting.

But none of that matters in answering a previous post (for Solos) discussing EMT operations and whether or not they would go on scene, because it's not what another specific user had within his post.

I could provide a cite on this golden rule, but it's in every EMT/First Responder course out there, but again, it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

solus

Sorry about whatever I said that set you off man. Clearly we are of a completely different opinion about the whole thing. Have a good day. Buh-bye.

I do apologize that perhaps my analogy was too critical and personal as you are friends with the CRSO or are the CRSO.

perhaps another perspective...

you and other students are taking an Ohio concealed class and the instructor, to save ammo, runs you through the class only using lazer pistols to practice your shooting skills. you specifically ask the question about this practice, but two LE's who are taking the class state, this is an acceptable alternative and meet Ohio requirements.

oh, and you look at the instructor provided material and it states in the material lazer pistol is adequate.

at the end of the class the instructor passes out appropriate course completion documentation for the students to present to the sheriff's department.

you and your fellow students have your conceal carry credentials...life is good until one of you defend yourselves and do damage to an innocent...when being questioned you mention you have never fired your firearm not even in your concealed class...see how that plays out Ohio's judicial system...

as i mentioned, you say you have credentials, concealed, NRA shooting sports, Archery, EMT, Red Cross safety, etc., you name it and the initials mean a level of training and competence...

while you see no harm no foul, i might point out you should also be concerned as to what the CRSO left out of their instruction.

ipse

WalkingWolf

So I must revise:

REVISED RESPONSE:
Now... Back to supporting the art of Open Carry and what defensive shootings create when EMTs are involved.... Out of ten years of working the county, I have not had one call where a shooting was not known prior to the scene arrival. That wouldn't mean it doesn't happen, but between witnesses, nearby residences, etc, by the time we approached the scene, we were always successfully notified that the scene involved a shooting.

But none of that matters in answering a previous post (for Solos) discussing EMT operations and whether or not they would go on scene, because it's not what another specific user had within his post.

I could provide a cite on this golden rule, but it's in every EMT/First Responder course out there, but again, it doesn't matter.

Thank for changing your tone, BUT this thread is not about responders, it is about what the person involved does after a defensive shooting.

Zimmerman made two mistakes that were used against him in court. He refused to be taken to the hospital, and he talked to police. The medical treatment came before he was interrogated so his not talking did not interfere with the treatment. He never called and reported a shooting, other people did. Fortunately there was tons of evidence that it was a justified shooting, did not change he was raked over the coals. Both through the justice system and the media, and what did the media harp on. That he refused to go to the hospital, and his calls to the police to make reports. Actually the prosecution made attempts to use his calls/public service against him.

The Zimmerman case made it clear, shut up, and go to the hospital.

Last edited:

MNMGoneShooting

Must be some static, I can't hear you. Oh well, I'm sure it was relevant to Open Carry and the subject matter of the thread.
ehyrebug.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

Must be some static, I can't hear you. Oh well, I'm sure it was relevant to Open Carry and the subject matter of the thread.
ehyrebug.jpg

Just another ********* poster that thinks it is nessasary to tell someone they are ignored. IRONY:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

MNMGoneShooting

i might point out you should also be concerned as to what the CRSO left out of their instruction.

ipse
Fully concur. VA is similar. It lacks training in what to do when the critical moments come to your doorstep. I learned more from these forums and as a result, went to several defensive courses and obtained a lawyer.

It's a scary thought to think what will happen if/when that moment comes.

HPmatt

Fully concur. VA is similar. It lacks training in what to do when the critical moments come to your doorstep. I learned more from these forums and as a result, went to several defensive courses and obtained a lawyer.

It's a scary thought to think what will happen if/when that moment comes.

+1. Thanks OCDO and posters.

JustaShooter

I do apologize that perhaps my analogy was too critical and personal as you are friends with the CRSO or are the CRSO.
Thank you for the apology, though I am not the CRSO nor am I friends with the CRSO. Other than email correspondence to sign up for the course I had not met the CRSO before the day of the course.

perhaps another perspective...

you and other students are taking an Ohio concealed class and the instructor, to save ammo, runs you through the class only using lazer pistols to practice your shooting skills. you specifically ask the question about this practice, but two LE's who are taking the class state, this is an acceptable alternative and meet Ohio requirements.

oh, and you look at the instructor provided material and it states in the material lazer pistol is adequate.

at the end of the class the instructor passes out appropriate course completion documentation for the students to present to the sheriff's department.

you and your fellow students have your conceal carry credentials...life is good until one of you defend yourselves and do damage to an innocent...when being questioned you mention you have never fired your firearm not even in your concealed class...see how that plays out Ohio's judicial system...
As I see it, that is a completely different scenario. For one, the CRSO did not replace any material in the course as you put forth in the above scenario. Second, I have access to the course materials from the NRA, what I reviewed in advance of the class was not what the CRSO provided but what the NRA provides. So as opposed to the above scenario, I am not relying on the instructor-provided materials to ascertain the completeness of the training, I can assure you that the CRSO covered everything in the prescribed course materials provided by the NRA. The additional information provided was based on the CRSO's personal experience and was verified by two members of the medical profession - one a doctor, the other an EMT (and no, I did not ask for their area of specialty or training / certification level). I don't understand why you would have a problem with this since the information was pertinent to the section of the course we had just completed, and frankly was good advice. Calling it in as an accidental shooting during a range / training session only makes sense since that is what we were discussing, and it's not like he recommended lying about it or withholding information.

as i mentioned, you say you have credentials, concealed, NRA shooting sports, Archery, EMT, Red Cross safety, etc., you name it and the initials mean a level of training and competence...

while you see no harm no foul, i might point out you should also be concerned as to what the CRSO left out of their instruction.
As I said, I have no concerns at all. I know nothing was left out as I have the NRA-provided course materials and have reviewed them. The material was covered in its entirety in our class.

It seems likely that we will remain of a different opinion on this topic -feel free to respond of course, but don't expect a reply. (Though I know myself all too well and will certainly find it difficult to restrain myself.)