• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wearing my cowboy gunfighter rig, just for the hell of it.

DamonK

So I just got a custom built gunfighter rig (for cowboy action shooting) and I kinda feel like drawing some attention today. It's a right handed strong side and crossdraw rig, built for my 1858 Remington New Armys. I'm headed out to capitol forrest for some practice anyways. So I think I'll wear it with my cowboy duds and go for a little stroll :D
Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

DamonK

Haha, I doubt it. The only time I even touch my guns is when I'm at the range. I'll probably just be wearing them while I pick up shooting supplies and at whatever restaurant I end up eating at after I finish shooting anyways. Don't worry, I'll be a good boy!

DamonK

Besides, what are the antis going to do, try and ban cap and ball revolvers?

oneeyeross

Now if it was a '51 Navy it would be a good pistol, instead of that Remington! (Sorry, I just think the Navy has a better balance than the New Army!)...

Have fun. Nothing wrong with making clouds of blue smoke.

DamonK

Now if it was a '51 Navy it would be a good pistol, instead of that Remington! (Sorry, I just think the Navy has a better balance than the New Army!)...

Have fun. Nothing wrong with making clouds of blue smoke.

I hear you, there's a set of Navys in .36 in my future. I went with the remys this time because I wanted to be able to swap cylinders at matches.

DamonK

Ok, here's a pic of me at a friend's house. Stopped by Cabelas. Got a few looks, but no comments. Granted I did have my coat on and that kind of hides them. Oh, and I'm not walking around with my shotgun, just had it for the pictures.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356897197637.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356897197637.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 511

phoneguy

When I got married, I wore my Black hawk 357. With a custom holster Squeak made for me.
I have gone to a couple of OC meet ups wearing my rig. Believe me you will get a lot of cool looks and complements .
And you sir look very cool!

Last edited:

oneeyeross

I hear you, there's a set of Navys in .36 in my future. I went with the remys this time because I wanted to be able to swap cylinders at matches.

You can change cylinders on a Navy....real easy. Watch Clint Eastwood do it in movies....

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
and yet another.....

I too am an 1851 lover...........

IMG_3253_2.jpg

Damon, where do you compete at?

Attachments

• IMG_3253_2.jpg
    IMG_3253_2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

oneeyeross

Didn't Wild Bill carry a Navy? Seems to me he did....can't remember for sure.
Have to look it up again sometime.

Poker and cap and ball revolvers.... Anybody want to go to Deadwood?