• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We have arrived! Gun Owners of Maine!

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Hey guys, most of you know me, some of you don't. I am here to tell you about the newest grassroots movement, and the ONLY firearms rights organization in Maine!
Our mission statement:

Gun Owners of Maine is an all-volunteer, grassroots organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the right of the people to keep and bear arms. We are dedicated to upholding article 1, section 16 of the Maine state constitution: Every citizen has a right to keep and bear arms and this right shall never be questioned. GO-Maine is non-partisan and as such does not endorse any political group. GO-Maine assists members and non-members alike in locating training and educational resources to further responsible firearms handling and ownership.

You can join us right now, right here: www.gunownersofmaine.org

Also like our facebook page: www.facebook.com/gunownersofmaine

and our group: www.facebook.com/groups/gunownersofmaine

Help us fight for your rights by becoming a member today! If you would like more info please ask away!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Oh, Gawd! Are you back?:D

Welcome home. When do we get to hear the war stories?

We will be able to take donations for our events, drawings, and fights for your 2nd Amendment rights!

Where should I send my fights? (Picky, I know, but "fighting for your ...." might be less awkward.

Are you going to put bios under the pictures, or do we still need to go to the Watch Lists to get info on who you are?

Other than that - Lookin' Good!

stay safe.

Marcus92183

Hey guys, most of you know me, some of you don't. I am here to tell you about the newest grassroots movement, and the ONLY firearms rights organization in Maine!
Our mission statement:

Gun Owners of Maine is an all-volunteer, grassroots organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the right of the people to keep and bear arms. We are dedicated to upholding article 1, section 16 of the Maine state constitution: Every citizen has a right to keep and bear arms and this right shall never be questioned. GO-Maine is non-partisan and as such does not endorse any political group. GO-Maine assists members and non-members alike in locating training and educational resources to further responsible firearms handling and ownership.

You can join us right now, right here: www.gunownersofmaine.org

Also like our facebook page: www.facebook.com/gunownersofmaine

and our group: www.facebook.com/groups/gunownersofmaine

Help us fight for your rights by becoming a member today! If you would like more info please ask away!

not 100% accurate there is a new organization called Maine gun rights coalition. it is a new group organizing rallies and spreading knowledge of current gun legislation.

Last edited:

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
not 100% accurate there is a new organization called Maine gun rights association. it is a new group organizing rallies and spreading knowledge of current gun legislation.

Paul, what page did you see that on? I finished everything up late last night and my sleep deprivation got the best of me in parts.

I don't know much about them. I believe their heart is in the right place. I approached them about only having one organization, instead of two. I don't see the reason for creating two different firearms rights organizations in the same state with the same goals? At least it appears we both have the same goals. I suppose time will tell.

Last edited:

Marcus92183

Paul, what page did you see that on? I finished everything up late last night and my sleep deprivation got the best of me in parts.

I don't know much about them. I believe their heart is in the right place. I approached them about only having one organization, instead of two. I don't see the reason for creating two different firearms rights organizations in the same state with the same goals? At least it appears we both have the same goals. I suppose time will tell.

you must see the reasoning for it when was the last time you were active locally? you put on a good rally awhile back but as of late there has been nothing. i understand locations change but the community cant just wait for you to come back. was there anyone from your organization left behind to do things on a local level?

i see you edited your comment thank you, the rude attacks are not needed how long were you active before you got your recognition by the state as if that is the important part. the key goal should be gathering people together and increasing knowledge of ways to end the gun control of legal gun owners

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
you must see the reasoning it when was the last time you were active locally ally? you put on a good rally awhile back but as of late there has been nothing. i understand locations change but the community cant just wait for you to come back. was there anyone from your organization left behind to do things on a local level?

i see you edited your comment thank you, the rude attacks are not needed how long were you active before you goI your recognition by the state as if that is the important part. the key goal should be gathering people together and increasing knowledge of ways to end the gun control of legal gun owners

I wouldn't categorize my comment as a rude attack. I could have been more cordial in my statement. Yesterday was the first time I had actually really spoken to Jessica about the organization. Apparently they are planning to grow and expand. Hopefully we will be able to work together in the future. I suppose being recognized by the state isn't a huge thing but it definitely makes tax season easier unless you file as a business which is doable.

We really stayed under the radar until we got recognized, we have spent over a year doing all of the background of the organization from bylaws to board members. It has been an intense year, with countless hours and funds put into it. I only did the one event and held a few meetings, it was at that point that I realized I needed to broaden my scope from only oc. This is actually a completely different organization from what I had started previously.

Also I never asked anyone to wait for us, I only want a firearms rights organization in Maine I don't care who runs it, and you will see this when we hold elections in 2014 as I will not be running. Have I adequately answered your questions? I'm on my phone so it's been difficult.

jonjon_jon

Gun owners of Maine

Shane I wonder about the wisdom of putting Ron Paul picture standing with you on the web site? Being conservate/libertarian myself I can support or at least understand where you're coming from but it's not very bipartisan. I won't comment very much on gun owners of maine seeing this is public post but will also mention my concern the donation graph isn't growing it's important to show someone is giving at least a little bit. It's like car dealer showing he's selling cars even if they're not moving. Anyhow the web site looks great.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Shane I wonder about the wisdom of putting Ron Paul picture standing with you on the web site? Being conservate/libertarian myself I can support or at least understand where you're coming from but it's not very bipartisan. I won't comment very much on gun owners of maine seeing this is public post but will also mention my concern the donation graph isn't growing it's important to show someone is giving at least a little bit. It's like car dealer showing he's selling cars even if they're not moving. Anyhow the web site looks great.

People have donated but the widget doesn't seem to be talking with the donations. I'll see if I can't fix that tonight. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited: