• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We are running on a new server!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ohh, thanks. Is there any way to find a moderator to PM or just scroll through threads till I see one? :) lol

You've just found one.

There are a few state moderators with limited authority (Michigan) - they are so identified.

John Pierce (Administrator) and Mike Stollenwerk (Super Moderator) are co-owners of OCDO.

As a Moderator, my primary function is to reduce John's and Mike's work load to the degree possible, insure compliance with the rules, and answer questions. Please feel free to contact me as needed. There are a couple of others but they are not as open and inviting :lol:

To report spam or egregious rule violations, use the triangle explanation point icon at the bottom left corner of each post.

Last edited:

kubel

Annoying bug to report:

When a session times out while you are replying to a thread, replying to a PM, etc..., and then you press submit, it will do its normal thing where it has you log back in. But after it logs in and says you will be automatically redirected, it loads a blank page instead of posting what you submitted. Everything you tried to submit is gone. Unable to restore auto-saved content or anything.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Annoying bug to report:

When a session times out while you are replying to a thread, replying to a PM, etc..., and then you press submit, it will do its normal thing where it has you log back in. But after it logs in and says you will be automatically redirected, it loads a blank page instead of posting what you submitted. Everything you tried to submit is gone. Unable to restore auto-saved content or anything.

I've run into this, but only when I've goofed up my standard procedure.

Those of us who were here for the previous servers and software developed the habit of copying the entire post or PM right before hitting "submit". I can't tell you how many times that saved me.

I don't use the "preview post" button, but it might be a good idea to copy the entire post before hitting the preview button.

Also, if I know its going to be a really long post, I'll compose it off-line, then copy-and-paste it into the thread. This is pretty rare though.

LkWd_Don

I've run into this, but only when I've goofed up my standard procedure.

Those of us who were here for the previous servers and software developed the habit of copying the entire post or PM right before hitting "submit". I can't tell you how many times that saved me.

I don't use the "preview post" button, but it might be a good idea to copy the entire post before hitting the preview button.

Also, if I know its going to be a really long post, I'll compose it off-line, then copy-and-paste it into the thread. This is pretty rare though.

Even that has not saved some of my posts. I have learned to use Word or Wordpad to author my posts and then post. The problem I find then is that for whatever reason, this system wants to drop letters making my posts illegible at times. Making me have to edit to correct spellings and dropped words at times.

since9

Campaign Veteran

Excellent advice, Citizen. On rare occasion, my browser has crashed mid-sentence, so...

Also excellent advice. I do this, too. :)

ETA: By default, vBulletin should auto-save your posts. Turning this feature off saves a very miniscule amount of bandwidth. Leaving it on is a great boon to the forum members.

Last edited:

DamonK

Haha, when I first saw this thread my initial reaction was why the hell do they need a sewer! Oh man, I need an asprin...

Sent from my brain to your brain...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
LOL Some of the posts I have seen here probably would be better off in the sewer. LOL

Most of the more egregious ones do get flushed.

The new server is running much better than the old one and has better, more manageable controls built into it.

hermannr

The last few weeks have been a royal pain as the old server bounced over and over and over.

I have now migrated the forum to a new server with double the memory and a much faster CPU.

I suspect there will be issues we will need to address and as you notice them, please post them here.

Thanks in advance for helping us make this move as painless as possible.

John

Hej John!

Noticed you have corrected most of the errors in the WA state OC statement. One thing I noticed this time...Non-resident permits...they have 60 days to issue, (not 90 days) RCW 9.41.070(1) "...the issuing authority shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license..."